Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #41
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: &)@#&(^$ !!!! I'm soo MAD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockspur View Post
Already replied in the MAW thread. Cole, I got a few on your list. Outbound tomorrow.
Good deal Scotty
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #42
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

I am so sorry brother.

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #43
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Already replied in the MAW thread. Cole, I got a few on your list. Outbound tomorrow.
Very nice gesture Scooter
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry this happened to you Cole. Some great sticks got tore up. Thanks USPS!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #45
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Holy crap I just threw up in my mouth a little. I feel horrible even if it was out of my control. I don't bother insuring packages as every other time I have and a package got damaged I pretty much was told tough chit. So now I save the buck and change as their fail level is usually pretty low.
Cole, I will definitely get another package out to you. Unfortunately, that was my last Mexican Experiment and will see if my local still has any Zombie Super Shots left. If not I will replace them with something else yummy. My apologies brother. I'm not sure what would bother me more, getting a package in that condition or when a package goes rogue in my mail carriers possession(Which has happened sadly and I still swear that prick smoked my cigars.)
Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #46
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

As I said in the other thread...I'll call off my hit. Carry on, John.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:22 AM   #47
Ed M
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Ed
Trading: (0)
Ed M is on a distinguished road

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it; The USPS STINKS!
Ed M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #48
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it; The USPS STINKS!
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but my experience differs.

I have had packages arrive via UPS and FedEx as damaged as the OP's package and have had poor results in getting the carrier to accept any claim against them for damage. I always try to work it out with the supplier or customer that I am dealing with. Things are always resolved in this manner with much less frustration than working with the carrier.

I am sorry that the OP's package arrived damaged. The best thing to do is work with the sender to get a replacement.

The thing I like, no love about the USPS is that I can send a package anywhere in the US and have it arrive in 2-3 business days for a low price. I think that this is a fantastic deal and none of the other carriers can come even close to doing this for even double the price.

Yes, the USPS has problems. Who doesn't? Especially when you are a essentially a private company that is managed/governed by Congress...

'Nuff said. All the usual disclaimers apply. YMMV. Just my

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #49
Hem
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bill
Trading: (13)
Partagas
Hem will become famous soon enough

Stogies down!
Hem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #50
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Cole, I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know what advice you've gotten.
If there's no insurance, going to the PO won't help, they're held harmless.

Personally, over the years I've shipped gazillions of packages. If the item is high value, I always insure it on my dime whether the buyer wants it or not.
On everything else, I sort of self-insure. I've saved so much over the years by not insuring that if something gets destroyed, I can certainly afford to replace it.
The way I see it is that if I sell you something, it's MY responsibility that you get it complete, perfect, and in just the condition you purchased it. If I sent the smokes to you, I'd just replace them. If I didn't have the same thing, I'd make good however we worked it out.
I know that businesses nowadays try to push that responsibility off on the buyer, and it's 100% bullsh1t. That way of thinking has started working it's way down to people shipping person to person, and it's still wrong.

For instance, I bought a puppy a few weeks ago. I paid ahead of time. Had I got there and the breeder handed me a puppy that looked like your box and said "you should have bought insurance" there'd be a big problem. His responsibility was to deliver the puppy to me in good puppy shape.

I don't know if the seller offered to replace the smokes or what, and I mean him no malice, I don't even know who sent the smokes. My words have nothing to do with him, just the way things are nowadays.
Many people refuse to take responsibility for their actions anymore, hoping to blame someone else. You don't find that here at CA, and it's one of the things that makes dealing with our brothers such a pleasure.
I make sure I find like-minded businesses in the real world where I can buy stuff. It keeps my blood pressure down.
I hope you get (got) this all resolved, my friend!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #51
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
The way I see it is that if I sell you something, it's MY responsibility that you get it complete, perfect, and in just the condition you purchased it. If I sent the smokes to you, I'd just replace them. If I didn't have the same thing, I'd make good however we worked it out.
I know that businesses nowadays try to push that responsibility off on the buyer, and it's 100% bullsh1t. That way of thinking has started working it's way down to people shipping person to person, and it's still wrong.
ABSOLUTELY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Many people refuse to take responsibility for their actions anymore, hoping to blame someone else. You don't find that here at CA, and it's one of the things that makes dealing with our brothers such a pleasure.
Most of the time.
There are some who miss this point.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #52
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

I'm confused by the other thread. And apparently I'm also missing the point.

Outbound today Cole. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #53
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

It appears I need a remedial lesson in following posts. Cole DID wish a second time. And after he PM's me his addy, I will put them in the mail.

Y'all have my deepest apologies for the confusion.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #54
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm confused by the other thread. And apparently I'm also missing the point.

Outbound today Cole. Sorry for the confusion.
Quote:
It appears I need a remedial lesson in following posts. Cole DID wish a second time. And after he PM's me his addy, I will put them in the mail.

Y'all have my deepest apologies for the confusion.

Dude, you crack me up!

First off, thanks to all that responded, the advice and condolences are much appreciated. To Scott (shilala) thanks for your responses...even though I am not quoting it here, I get your point and your views are the same as mine.

As for Scotty (Lockspur)....brother brother brother...I got your PM, I'll be sending my addy soon. This thread wasn't posted for someone to send me more sticks, just posted out of frustration. As for you picking up my MAW in the MAW thread...that's cool, I am again wishing for some more sticks as I just picked up Brendon's wish, all is good there! SO QUIT RESPONDING YA GOOF!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #55
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

First Name: Chris
Trading: (8)
Milvel will become famous soon enough

Sorry to derail.. May I ask what MAW means?

Also, USPS sucks! I'm glad the people here are such cool people! It's amazing to read a thread like this and see other people not even involved in the process offer to step up and help ya out with replacement smokes!
Milvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #56
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milvel View Post

Also, USPS sucks! I'm glad the people here are such cool people! It's amazing to read a thread like this and see other people not even involved in the process offer to step up and help ya out with replacement smokes!
MAW = Make A Wish
Old 05-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #57
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milvel View Post

Sticky threads are your friends.
http://67.222.135.200/vb/showthread.php?t=2190
Old 05-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #58
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
SO QUIT RESPONDING YA GOOF!
I wonder if it's possible to "bomb" a PM box.

Hmmmmmmm.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #59
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

So Sorry To Hear This, Cole. Hopefully This Situation Is Resolved Quickly, Brother.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #60
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Damn, sorry to hear & SEE this Cole.