Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

View Poll Results: Is the brand doing well RIGHT now?
Tatuaje - Yea 107 79.85%
Tatuaje - Nay 17 12.69%
Viaje - Yea 74 55.22%
Viaje - Nay 27 20.15%
Illusione - Yea 84 62.69%
Illusione - Nay 26 19.40%
Liga Privada - Yea 81 60.45%
Liga Privada - Nay 27 20.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #21
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: "Hot" Brands right now (poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdryder View Post
In my opinion the best thing about any of the brands listed is thier marketing. Sure they all have some good blends but most of their blends are mediocore at best.
Your taste is your taste but I couldn't disagree more about the marketing (at least in a large scale). 99.9% of the novice, everyday smoker (and they are the largest percentage of buyers while us forum users are the smallest) has no clue about these cigars and will look at you funny if you ask them about these brands.

Seems the marketing on these are for the experienced, informed smoker. A very small market.

Last edited by NCRadioMan; 01-18-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #22
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

As for myself, only within the past year have I tried any of these. I love the Tat red bands and their El Triunfador as well as Illusione's Eperney. I've bought a bunch of Viaje lately as well based on the reviews I've read, but I have yet to smoke one.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #23
cre8v1
Boobs Ahoy!

First Name: Brad
Trading: (7)
RA
cre8v1 will become famous soon enough

I think it would be best if Tatuaje stuck to what made them so sought after in the first place. They're a boutique cigar company... or at least they used to be. Now they put out way too many cigars (Tatuaje Pork Tenderloin? Seriously?) and the quality has suffered. I just think they've lost their identity and need to get back to who they are.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

I think Habanos/Cubatabaco/Tabacuba is the hottest brand. Their cigars are sold in almost every country of the world except the USA. Pete, Dion, Drew and whoever the hell owns Viaje cant say that.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #25
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
I think Habanos/Cubatabaco/Tabacuba is the hottest brand. Their cigars are sold in almost every country of the world except the USA. Pete, Dion, Drew and whoever the hell owns Viaje cant say that.
His name is Andre......but the same argument could be made for any of the"hot"brands. Macanudo and Cohiba sell way more cigars and have much better brand recognition than these four combined. Doesn't make them better, just better known.

Of the four, I think the Liga Privada has the most interesting story. Of the cigars I'd actually want to smoke....stack ranked would be Illusione, Viaje, Liga Privada, then some Tatuaje. Like many others, I've had some great Tats' and some crappy ones.
Just mho.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
His name is Andre......but the same argument could be made for any of the"hot"brands. Macanudo and Cohiba sell way more cigars and have much better brand recognition than these four combined. Doesn't make them better, just better known.

Of the four, I think the Liga Privada has the most interesting story. Of the cigars I'd actually want to smoke....stack ranked would be Illusione, Viaje, Liga Privada, then some Tatuaje. Like many others, I've had some great Tats' and some crappy ones.
Just mho.
So what makes a brand "Hot"? Good sales, cigar board chatter, taste or ones that if you paint them someone will think the subject of the artwork is cool and buy the painting? I think Cuba wins in all categories.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #27
sevans105

Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So what makes a brand "Hot"? Good sales, cigar board chatter, taste or ones that if you paint them someone will think the subject of the artwork is cool and buy the painting? I think Cuba wins in all categories.
Lol....in this case, it's probably art work. I may not be the best opinion, because my significant other did a Viaje painting that is (in my opinion) pretty cool. Most of us strive to be associated with significant brands. Thats why decent OpusX paintings and posters sell better than an equally artistic painting of a Cremosa label.

Kind of a hostile vibe coming off your post.....does this poll bug you for some reason?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
Lol....in this case, it's probably art work. I may not be the best opinion, because my significant other did a Viaje painting that is (in my opinion) pretty cool. Most of us strive to be associated with significant brands. Thats why decent OpusX paintings and posters sell better than an equally artistic painting of a Cremosa label.

Kind of a hostile vibe coming off your post.....does this poll bug you for some reason?
I wasn't trying to be hostile but simply adding another brand for consideration. Tone is hard to convey in text. It takes two seconds to scan posts to see that these four brands are "hot" on the boards. I think it would have been better without a poll, just a question to see what is hot. however if this is just to decide what the OP will paint next then why not just come out and ask. If I had the money I would honestly consider a well done Cuban theme painting to hang in my office. I have nothing against the other brands just Cuban tobacco is what gets me "hot"

Edit: Damn I just realized this thread was 10 months old

Last edited by awsmith4; 01-18-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #29
sevans105

Cohiba

Ah, the dreaded Bill86 thread resurrection. I hear ya on the theme though. Because I have an artist- in- residence, I actually do get to choose my cigar artwork. (I picked the Viaje) I think she's gonna do a San Cristobal watercolor next. Both because I like the cigars and she thinks the label is cool.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
Ah, the dreaded Bill86 thread resurrection. I hear ya on the theme though. Because I have an artist- in- residence, I actually do get to choose my cigar artwork. (I picked the Viaje) I think she's gonna do a San Cristobal watercolor next. Both because I like the cigars and she thinks the label is cool.
That is pretty cool, I like the San Cristobal label...both the NC and CC

The parrot would make a great painting.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #31
sevans105

Cohiba

Quote:
That is pretty cool, I like the San Cristobal label...both the NC and CC

The parrot would make a great painting.
That is the plan....she has a pencil sketch done of the parrot so far. Should be done in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted, if you'd like.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #32
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
That is the plan....she has a pencil sketch done of the parrot so far. Should be done in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted, if you'd like.
Definitely!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #33
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Actually it was a troll and Bill's post is a response. Obviously the troll's post was deleted.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #34
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
Actually it was a troll and Bill's post is a response. Obviously the troll's post was deleted.
This.

I don't bring up dead threads.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
celtic250
Smoke em if ya got em

First Name: Greg
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
celtic250 is on a distinguished road

To me they are all desired brands. I am still at the point in my smoking career where I do not have a signature taste yet and am still trying to figure out what really suits me best. I must say being new to the hobby it is easy to get caught up in the "limited release" chase that seems never ending. Who knows what the future will bring me and how my tastes will change.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #36
whodeeni

You left off Fuente, and they are truly the masters and the creators of the HTF Category!
I never saw guys go crazy over ANY cigars like the 100th Anny's in my life!
(And they're great cigars to boot!)

Old 01-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #37
mmblz

Trading: (3)
Partagas
mmblz has disabled reputation

no need for this to stay open.