Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Tyler

Default Moving Soon - No Forwarding To New Address

I was not sure where to put this so please move it if it does not belong here.

As some of you may know I am a college student. I am moving home for the summer this Thursday and when I return I will be at a different address. Any mail sent to this address will not be forwarded to me and I will not receive it. I will be happy to give you my address for the summer or my new one for next year. I just wanted to let you guys know in case someone was planning to bomb me again in the future as the cigars would go to waste. I am pretty sure that whoever moves in here next would accept the cigars with a smile and politely not return them to you haha. Thanks for reading this and sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving Soon - No Forwarding To New Address

use the rolodex too Tyler. Put your home address in there til you move back to school
Old 04-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
use the rolodex too Tyler. Put your home address in there til you move back to school
Rolodex?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbright View Post
Rolodex?
Send your info to Pnoon. He is the keeper of the Rolodex. Update it with him when you change addresses.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

You can also have Peter block your address from being given out if you choose, another simple PM to him.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
Tyler

I had no idea we had this going on. Thanks fellas. So if people want someones address they just have to PM Pnoon or is there a place on the site? So if I send it to him he will forward it to all who ask or is there certain criteria? Sorry for the questions I just don't like handing out my address over the internet to random people.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

You have to be on the CA for a while before gaining access to the Rolodex, so not just anyone has access. But, if you want an address yours has to be in it. All exchanges are done through PMs. Here is the link to the rules.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22634
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:

As some of you may know I am a college student. I am moving home for the summer this Thursday and when I return I will be at a different address. Any mail sent to this address will not be forwarded to me and I will not receive it. I will be happy to give you my address for the summer or my new one for next year. I just wanted to let you guys know in case someone was planning to bomb me again in the future as the cigars would go to waste. I am pretty sure that whoever moves in here next would accept the cigars with a smile and politely not return them to you haha. Thanks for reading this and sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
General Discussion is where I am moving this.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
pnoon
YNWA

Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
I had no idea we had this going on. Thanks fellas. So if people want someones address they just have to PM Pnoon or is there a place on the site? So if I send it to him he will forward it to all who ask or is there certain criteria? Sorry for the questions I just don't like handing out my address over the internet to random people.
It's all explained in various sticky threads.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

All of these college students here! I feel like an OOOOLLLLLDDD man!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:

In addition to letting people here know about the new addresses, why not just fill out a change of address forum with the USPS? If you do that, they'll forward all mail that has your name on it to the new address, in this case your home, then in a few months, you can put in an update to that change of address and they will forward from your old address directly to your new college address.

or print it and take it in to the PO. The PO will also have forms that you can fill out there rather than printing out the form.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
whodeeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
In addition to letting people here know about the new addresses, why not just fill out a change of address forum with the USPS? If you do that, they'll forward all mail that has your name on it to the new address, in this case your home, then in a few months, you can put in an update to that change of address and they will forward from your old address directly to your new college address.

or print it and take it in to the PO. The PO will also have forms that you can fill out there rather than printing out the form.
Good suggestion Adam
Old 04-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #13
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:

Bah. I accidentally hit the IMG button rather than the URL button, that 2nd paragraph was supposed to read something like this:

You can fill out the change of address form on line or print it and take it in to the PO. The PO will also have forms that you can fill out there rather than printing out the form.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Get your bombs out quick, boys!
Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #15
Tyler

Quote:
Bah. I accidentally hit the IMG button rather than the URL button, that 2nd paragraph was supposed to read something like this:

You can fill out the change of address form on line or print it and take it in to the PO. The PO will also have forms that you can fill out there rather than printing out the form.
Does this cost money? I looked and didn't see anything saying it did or did not cost money. I just didn't know if you had personal experience with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Get your bombs out quick, boys!
Posted via Mobile Device
Please no lol. I have way too many cigars and pipes as it is. It will take me years to smoke all of these haha.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Does this cost money? I looked and didn't see anything saying it did or did not cost money. I just didn't know if you had personal experience with it.
Change of address? It's free. Unless you pay taxes, then it costs an arm & a leg, but you can tell the post office you're moving as often as you like.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #17
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Fun thing to do: go to the post office and grab one of those forms. Fill out the name/address of someone you don't like. Then fill out where you want his mail to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #18
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Fun thing to do: go to the post office and grab one of those forms. Fill out the name/address of someone you don't like. Then fill out where you want his mail to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Have a feeling that could be counted as tampering with the mail and thus a federeal crime...

just sayin...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #19
Average Joe
Livin' the dream!

First Name: Name
Trading: (10)
Average Joe is on a distinguished road

You can do it online for $1.

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/ic...execution=e2s1
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #20
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
It doesn't cost you anything to do if you use the paper form at the post office. Your mail that goes to the old address will probably take a few days longer to get to you since it will go all the way to your old delivery PO before they re-route it and things like catalogs are not forwarded, but that's it.