Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default 5 Vegas A archetype

I heard a lot about 5 Vegas so I decided to light up a 6 x 50 archetype from the A series.
The cigar is wrapped with a piece of cedar in cellophane. The Costa Rican maduro wrapper has one big vein but is nice and oily. The binder comes from Nicaragua and the filler is a combination of Dominican, Nicaraguan and Honduran tobacco. The predraw is firm and the cigar feels firm too.

Sweet mellow chocolate, that’s what I get and after a little over an inch I get a nutty flavor with mild chocolate aftertaste. The flavors grow in strength after an inch or two. Halfway the chocolate disappears and near the turning point I only taste ash and wood.

The smoke is thin and several shades of gray. I don’t get a lot of snow either. The draw is on the firm side and the ash is quite dark. The burn is great. This is a mild flavored mild bodied cigar and I didn’t like it a lot.

Would I buy this cigar again? Never again.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Appearance: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 6 / 10
Aroma (last part) 5 / 10
Old 09-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5 Vegas A archetype

Thanks for the review!!!

There is only one 5 Vegas A I enjoy... The Apex (Boxpressed)! The rest are "meh"!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:38 AM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: 5 Vegas A archetype

I have really enjoyed the few "A"s I have smoked. Thanks for the review.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote