Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #21
jesseboston81
CC Simple PIF Promoter

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (41)
Bolivar
jesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nice
Default Re: Cigars International

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyD View Post
Ooops then I made another noob mistake...
Don't worry, you're not alone in your noob-ness. Oh well, fingers crossed that when my package arrives today everything turns out OK!
jesseboston81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #22
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

If you just ordered cigars, you'll be fine. Any Humidor/accessory...well no promises. Their shipping people are incompetent and pack the wrong items....poorly.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #23
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Niagara Falls....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
...and slowly Icehog turned...step by step...inch by inch...
Old 12-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #24
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

As an update to this now they sent me some F**King keychain sized humi-care thing. This thing is ridiculously small. Feels cheap, not even sure how it works but....it's another POS for sure. It's somewhat accurate and I'm too lazy to deal with this crap anymore. I'll keep this stupid thing because I don't want to waste my time with them anymore I thought I would get a round maybe hockey puck sized hygro. Nope this thing is barely bigger than a half dollar and apparently costs $20.

My initial statement stands, F**K CI and their crappy service and even crappier half broken or completely broken products.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #25
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

ive got 2 of them, they are ok, but yeah they feel pretty cheap
Old 12-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Eh I should post a picture of the one I bought at a B&M, it was $40 but this things GREAT. I figured for half the price it should just need calibration and adjusting, I had no idea I would get this tiny piece of ****. I wish I would have just bought another one at the B&M. Instead I chose to deal with the incompetent powerless CI employees.

What really frustrates me though is the fact that it took 8 minutes on hold to get an OKAY from the "manager" to send me a hygro first. That's pretty lousy, they don't even empower their employees THAT much.....SAD!

I use to be a fast casual restaurant manager and my boss let me replace entire orders at my judgment. I could give away $50-$60 worth of food if I was bored and even throw in free dessert. These guys can't even mail a hygrometer to me first? GTFO
Old 12-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #27
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

yeah that is pretty D*** lame, post up a picture of the big hygro you got at the B&M. I might have you pick one up for me.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #28
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Seems my good one is a Diamond Crown, it always reads 64RH on my 65 RH heartfelt beads. So IMHO it's 1 point off at most, that's more than accurate enough. This turd crap one is off by 1 point now that I adjusted it a few times. Seems the temperature is off, guess you cannot adjust that. IMHO if I ever buy another hygro I'll go buy another baller one at $40+. Saves you huge hassle I never calibrated my nice one either. it's accurate and my sticks smoke great.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #29
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Bill,

I will just tell you this:

If I worked for that company... Things would change. For the better.

And.

A year or so ago I did a test with digital hyrgos...

And the results were shocking.

I took 6 of the exact same... Exact... Same. Hygro and salt tested them together.

Set them all at the same time to 70%.

Allowed them all sit in the same 40-50ct humidor fillec with a 20ct box of fuente chateau fuente naturals... Overnight.

When I checked in the morning... The range of readings was so far off between the lowest and the highest... I lost all confidence in digital hygrometers. And really all hygrometers for that matter.

The discrepancy was more tha 20% from the lowest to the highest... Mind you this was the same exact hygro tested at the same time... Set in the same conditions...

And a high quality brand at that.

So my advice to you is... Don't trust your hygro.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #30
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

No doubt, If I worked their too things would change. I don't care what my bosses tell me I don't BS anyone and I handle business QUICK! No one I've ever talked to wasn't satisfied when I resolved their situation in ANY job I've ever worked. I'm a no $hit kind of guy, brutally honest and I take care of business.

WOW Jeremy that's ridiculous! The only reason I honestly own hygrometers is to tell me when my beads need re-watering. If I see the thing dip a few points I spray the beads....climbs back up and life is great. It seems I got a GOOD hygro in this Diamond Crown and I'm keeping it in my cooler for now. My desktop holds all the singles I get in trades and whatnot so if it's around 60-62RH I'm fine with especially since I've caught up and smoked most of them. So now I finally get to smoke my own stash. I hate wooden humidors with a passion. I'm a cooler guy for life after I see the performance difference. I may try a nice Vino this summer though we'll see how life treats me this new year.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #31
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
No doubt, If I worked their too things would change. I don't care what my bosses tell me I don't BS anyone and I handle business QUICK! No one I've ever talked to wasn't satisfied when I resolved their situation in ANY job I've ever worked. I'm a no $hit kind of guy, brutally honest and I take care of business.

WOW Jeremy that's ridiculous! The only reason I honestly own hygrometers is to tell me when my beads need re-watering. If I see the thing dip a few points I spray the beads....climbs back up and life is great. It seems I got a GOOD hygro in this Diamond Crown and I'm keeping it in my cooler for now. My desktop holds all the singles I get in trades and whatnot so if it's around 60-62RH I'm fine with especially since I've caught up and smoked most of them. So now I finally get to smoke my own stash. I hate wooden humidors with a passion. I'm a cooler guy for life after I see the performance difference. I may try a nice Vino this summer though we'll see how life treats me this new year.
Diamond crown was in fact one of the most reliable hygros we tested.

I will not dog any hygros openly on the board... But will say simply... You get what you pay for.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #32
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Learning so much. I need to get a cooler now, well soon
Old 12-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #33
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
Diamond crown was in fact one of the most reliable hygros we tested.

I will not dog any hygros openly on the board... But will say simply... You get what you pay for.
Yeah, that was my first hygro and I'm pissed that I didn't just buy another one.

I completely agree and it fit my situation, I got what I paid for....except they messed up the shipping and shipped me completely broken products. But with the two working ones I have....definitely got what I paid for.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #34
nick2021
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (17)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
nick2021 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsman View Post
That sucks...my .02 is that they are big enough now that their customer service has become complacent and negligible...they do enough volume that they likely don't care as right now they don't have to.
seems like this is true for most businesses, it's a shame too because good customer service goes a long way. I'll pay more at some places for this reason alone...saves a lot of headaches (as I've experienced with premium humidors recently).
Old 12-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #35
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

same here, i shop(for the most part) where im treated well, even if the price is a bit higher. this goes for my cycling shops, hair cuts, cigars so far
Old 12-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #36
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I have a Diamond Crown and the thing is usually rock solid unless the battery is dieing. I do try to get a Boveda Calibration kit from time to time to see where my collection of hygrometers stand. That Humi Care round looks to be the same as the Xikar adjustable round so I woun't be surprised if they were manufactured by the same manufacturer and just labeled for each vendor.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #37
Miket156

I read through this thread and I have to say, I haven't had a positive experience with C.I. either. I live in central PA and C.I. is in eastern PA, so I thought I would give them a shot at my business provided they were competitive. I contacted their Customer Service via email and gave them the price I could get at Bestcigarprices.com in Kingston, NY and they told me I would have to CALL them and then they would call the competitor while I was on the phone so they could verify the price. Right. I told them that the price was published right on their competitors web site so why should I HAVE to call them and go through their dog and pony show to get a price? Total B.S.

They wouldn't match the price, their shipping charges were out of line, and of course they have to collect PA state sales tax because I am a PA resident. I also inquired about a desktop humidor they had on their website. They told me that they charged $20.00 to ship a humidor, a flat rate. Say what? Yeah, they said it was considered "Freight". Yeah sure. I do shipping were work and is total BS. Cigar International is bush league. I won't give them my hard earned money.

Whoever runs that 2nd rate outfit must be smoking something other than cigars.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #38
Miket156

Thumbs down Re: Cigars International

I read through this thread and I have to say, I haven't had a positive experience with C.I. either. I live in central PA and C.I. is in eastern PA, so I thought I would give them a shot at my business provided they were competitive. I contacted their Customer Service via email and gave them the price I could get for a box of La Flor Dominicana Cigars at a competitor in NY State. They told me I would have to CALL them and then they would call the competitor while I was on the phone so they could verify the price. Right. I told them that the price was published right on their competitors web site so why should I HAVE to call them and go through their dog and pony show to get a price?

They wouldn't match the price, their shipping charges were out of line, and of course they have to collect PA state sales tax because I am a PA resident. I also inquired about a desktop humidor they had on their website. They told me that they charged $20.00 to ship a humidor, a flat rate. They said it was considered "Freight". Yeah sure. I do shipping were I work and that is total BS. I bought a similar DT humidor at a lower price from a "well known" company in Florida and got free shipping. CI is less than 150 miles from me and they wanted 20 bucks to ship me a humidor?

Cigar International is bush league. I won't give them my hard earned money.

Whoever runs that 2nd rate outfit must be smoking something other than cigars.

Mike
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #39
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Simple solution for you. Use this URL for free shipping:

www.cigarsintl.com/freesp8

I don't see the point in complaining about the sales tax. That's not something they can just waive.

As far as shipping a humidor, I would think part of that cost goes to overhead like packaging materials. I mean, a large flat rate box through USPS is 15 bucks.

The only gripe I have with CI right now is they did away with their cigarmageddon section. But I only order cigars from there.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #40
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
...and slowly Icehog turned...step by step...inch by inch...
Oh God I love that sketch! Watching Lucille Ball do it was great!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote