Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #261
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default Re: St Louis Cardinals Fans Sound Off!

Greene does need some time, but when Descalso is doing so well what is to be done?

IIRC we are about 2 deep in the infield and about 2 1/2 deep in the outfield with a couple of the backups being listed more than once. And yes it did seem like a repeat of Sep 1st 2011 all over again, works for me though.

The boys are doing well but Matheny has yet to be tested which is where I am most anxious about. Pujols was one think but losing a seasoned manager is entirely different. I'm not sure we would have won last year if Tony was not at the helm.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #262
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Greene does need some time, but when Descalso is doing so well what is to be done?
And Furcal ... After all the talk of being the everyday second baseman, Greene is starting to look like the odd man out ... again.

Quote:
The boys are doing well but Matheny has yet to be tested which is where I am most anxious about. Pujols was one think but losing a seasoned manager is entirely different. I'm not sure we would have won last year if Tony was not at the helm.
Was never a big LaRussa fan. But Tony had nerves of steel and a real talent for irritating / distracting the other team. He looked like a genius last fall. As for Matheny, I'm sure there will be a learning curve but, for now, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm really more interested in how the rotation and bullpen will perform for Lilliquist ... if Loshe's and Garcia's outings are any indication, I'm encouraged.
qwerty1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #263
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Anxious to see Wainwright pitch today. Not worried that he is going to be healthy but I do want to see him get a W on the first day back.

Edit: Just saw the lineup on FB- No Greene.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #264
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Can't win them all. Damn MLB TV had a blackout for Saturday afternoon but I got to listen. The Brewers had awesome pitching and the Cards just could not get bats on the ball. I don't think Wainwright pitched to bad for being out for a year, looking forward to tomorrow!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #265
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

Wanno did okay, 6 SO but not as sharp as expect later in the season. Greinke was as tough as usual at home. Salas was ... well ... Salas.

Cards bats ... flat. Descalso now batting .200 ... left-hander tomorrow ... time for Greene? And, what the heck is going on with Holliday?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #266
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1500 View Post
Wanno did okay, 6 SO but not as sharp as expect later in the season. Greinke was as tough as usual at home. Salas was ... well ... Salas.

Cards bats ... flat. Descalso now batting .200 ... left-hander tomorrow ... time for Greene? And, what the heck is going on with Holliday?
I really think Holliday chokes under pressure, call it opening day jitters if you will. When I watch him bat he is very emotional even *****y at times when the ball does not go his way and is in for a strike. But he can slam the ball over the wall and does ok in the outfield.

Descalso did just as well as the rest of them today. Did you see the play he had today? I only heard it but sounded like he made an excellent save and got the out. Greene does need his day, I just hope there is not something more going on with him. We will see tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #267
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

Quote:
Descalso did just as well as the rest of them today. Did you see the play he had today? I only heard it but sounded like he made an excellent save and got the out. Greene does need his day, I just hope there is not something more going on with him. We will see tomorrow.
Yep, I saw it. Difficult stop and a nice throw in a key situation.

I've also wondered if there is something else going on with Greene. Who knows? Maybe Matheny is having his own Tony moment with him?
Old 04-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #268
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Man! I missed most of the game, just getting home and it's the 8th. Flipping MLBTV is not working but I do have the audio. Looks like Greene got the start and the boys are hitting good even Holliday!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #269
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. I wonder how many times FS Ohio will show the 2010 brawl between Cincy and STL...

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #270
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. I wonder how many times FS Ohio will show the 2010 brawl between Cincy and STL...
Who knows, more than once I'm sure Do me a favor, have your boys keep the Cuban Missile on the bench
Old 04-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #271
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

The story of this game was Lynn. The boy is tough as nails. Gives up a HR. How does he react? Strikes out the next 4 batters.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #272
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1500 View Post
The story of this game was Lynn. The boy is tough as nails. Gives up a HR. How does he react? Strikes out the next 4 batters.
Awesome! This is a game I'm going to watch the re run of! Looks like Lynn had 8 SO's? How did Greene do on the field?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the Cards have 13+ hits 3 out of the last 4 games? Pretty good if you ask me
Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #273
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

Quote:
Awesome! This is a game I'm going to watch the re run of! Looks like Lynn had 8 SO's? How did Greene do on the field?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the Cards have 13+ hits 3 out of the last 4 games? Pretty good if you ask me
Lynn was impressive tough. Had to look to be sure, but Greene had NO chances today. He looked okay standing out there though. Btw Greene's only hit was off a right-hander.

Furcal and Beltran keep cranking them out. Hoped to see Matt Carpenter hit one of his Spring Training drives into the gap but he was 0-for whatever. Even little Shane Robinson hit a 3-run HR.

Nice start all the way around. The real pitching test will be Westbrook in Cinncy.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #274
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Who knows, more than once I'm sure Do me a favor, have your boys keep the Cuban Missile on the bench
I wish he was in the rotation, but he's off to a good start in the pen.

I predict a Cardinal win tomorrow, since they're going up against Homer Bailey.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #275
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I wish he was in the rotation, but he's off to a good start in the pen.

I predict a Cardinal win tomorrow, since they're going up against Homer Bailey.
You called it, after the 1st inning he should really consider changing his name to Bob or something.

It was a pretty sloppy game. Westbrook took a loooong time to settle down and the Ump did not help either sides pitching get in the zone. Frucal had a great play to erase the error he had. Sometimes I don't know how that guy does it. Tough luck on Phillips, hope for the Reds sake he is not out very long, say 2 more games
Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #276
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I set up the computer to watch the game and fell asleep right before the first pitch. Looked like I picked a good one to miss.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #277
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Well, it took till game 2 but they showed the brawl.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #278
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, it took till game 2 but they showed the brawl.
Kung-fu Cueto
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #279
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Kung-fu Cueto
Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #280
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Great pitching tonight. Mott was a beast in the later innings! The bats are still hitting well but they seem to be toning down a bit, which is still more than enough. Probably going to miss the game tomorrow but hoping for a SWEEP!