Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 AM   #21
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TO a Buffalo Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shvictor View Post
Except Dustin. You need his addy?
Actually I do need his address.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:50 AM   #22
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruce View Post
I bet Mcnabb Re ups with the Eagles
I doubt it (and I hope not). He has already pretty much said that unless Banner goes out picks up some "threats" he is going to walk.

I guess he is tired of throwing it at Westbrook, Jackson and R. Brown's feet and wants someone new to under-throw.
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #23
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
This is perfect actually. TO goes to the Bills for a year, the year which will be McNabb's last as an eagle. Once McNabb is gone we get TO back and and make another run at the big one.

Even though he can be a handful there is no dispute that he is a talented player. The dude got the Eagles to the Superbowl and then played in the Superbowl with a broken leg. All he wanted was a better contact because his original one was terrible.
There's no way in hell the Eagles would bring TO back. He's no where near as good as he was before anyway.

And Andrew, remember, he didn't even play in the playoffs until the Super Bowl, so IMO you can't say he got them there.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #24
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
There's no way in hell the Eagles would bring TO back. He's no where near as good as he was before anyway.

And Andrew, remember, he didn't even play in the playoffs until the Super Bowl, so IMO you can't say he got them there.
Fair enough, he (helped very much to) get them to the (playoffs and the) Superbowl.

It just comes down to the fact that McNabb rules the roost over there and due to a little girl school yard fight we gave up him up. There is no denying that he will do down in history as one of the best WR's to play the game. And due to a little girl school yard fight the Eagles will never get him again, unless maybe McNabb is gone. I don't think Andy is all that smart but I do think he wants to win a superbowl. And it doesn't take a football genius to know that it would really help to have a superstar stud wide reicever (again).

I think it is more likely that T.O. wouldn't come back to the Eagles. They really didn't treat him very well. His contract was terrible and the Eagles knew it. All he wanted was a contract that reflected how well he played the prevoius season and how much dedication he showed (I will reinterate, dude played in the Superbowl against Dr's orders with a broken leg). And the Eagles basically said no, you can keep your contract, shut your mouth and be nice to little golden-boy Donavan or we are going to put you in a time out.

That is what I've put together from what I've read and heard on the radio.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #25
cigar coach
It's Football Season 365

First Name: Shad
Trading: (0)
cigar coach is on a distinguished road

At least the Bills were smart enough to only sign him to a 1 year deal. His performance on the field and his behavior (for the most part) will likely be very good because he wants to get his next big payday. If he is not productive on the field and/or is a cancer to team chemistry this season, he will have a hard time landing a spot on a team in 2010 and that contract will not be for much $ above the league minimum! He could have a great year due to that. JMO; just try to figure the guy out
cigar coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #26
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas

This just showed up in my email and explains the way I feel about T.O. better than I can:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-Terrell-Owens
Old 03-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Who cares?

Last edited by G G; 03-08-2009 at 09:31 AM.
G G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #28
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
Fair enough, he (helped very much to) get them to the (playoffs and the) Superbowl.

It just comes down to the fact that McNabb rules the roost over there and due to a little girl school yard fight we gave up him up. There is no denying that he will do down in history as one of the best WR's to play the game. And due to a little girl school yard fight the Eagles will never get him again, unless maybe McNabb is gone. I don't think Andy is all that smart but I do think he wants to win a superbowl. And it doesn't take a football genius to know that it would really help to have a superstar stud wide reicever (again).

I think it is more likely that T.O. wouldn't come back to the Eagles. They really didn't treat him very well. His contract was terrible and the Eagles knew it. All he wanted was a contract that reflected how well he played the prevoius season and how much dedication he showed (I will reinterate, dude played in the Superbowl against Dr's orders with a broken leg). And the Eagles basically said no, you can keep your contract, shut your mouth and be nice to little golden-boy Donavan or we are going to put you in a time out.

That is what I've put together from what I've read and heard on the radio.
Hmmm, we see this way differently. I don't think TO will ever be asked back anywhere he's played before. He's played for three teams, and basically caused controversy with each team, specifically each one of his quarterbacks, while there...first Garcia, then McNabb and finally Romo. To me that seems to lead to the point that TO is the issue, not his teammates or teams. Like TO said about Garcia, if it smells like a rat.....

Does McNabb rule the roost? No doubt! He should...he's the franchise quarterback. But I honestly don't think him being "the golden boy" had anything to do with the situation. IMHO, it was Owen's issue from the start.

FWIW, my understanding is McNabb didn't want to talk contract extension until he saw what the Eagles did in free agency. I read into that, that he wanted to see if they finally got him any stud skill position players, specifically a WR. So far....
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #29
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Hmmm, we see this way differently. I don't think TO will ever be asked back anywhere he's played before. He's played for three teams, and basically caused controversy with each team, specifically each one of his quarterbacks, while there...first Garcia, then McNabb and finally Romo. To me that seems to lead to the point that TO is the issue, not his teammates or teams. Like TO said about Garcia, if it smells like a rat.....

Does McNabb rule the roost? No doubt! He should...he's the franchise quarterback. But I honestly don't think him being "the golden boy" had anything to do with the situation. IMHO, it was Owen's issue from the start.

FWIW, my understanding is McNabb didn't want to talk contract extension until he saw what the Eagles did in free agency. I read into that, that he wanted to see if they finally got him any stud skill position players, specifically a WR. So far....

As far as TO goes the bottom line is that all the teams that have let him go for "off the field" issues have done worse "on the field" where it counts. Is TO a loud mouth? Absolutly. Can he be diffucult to deal with? I can only imagine. Is he pretty much the perfect physical specimine of a WR? Yes. Does he deliever on the field? Always.

I don't know too much about the cowboys situation but I know a fair bit about what happened with the Eagles and I think mistakes were made on both sides.

The only comment I have for McNabb re: Franchise QB is .

Let me step into the wayback machine. It's March 2004...there is a stud WR on the market...the Eagles pick him up...go 13 and 1 when a certain stud WR is on the field...

Point is that they got him the stud WR of his dreams and he still couldn't seal the deal.

Let McNabb walk, let's see what Kolb has.

Joel we should really start an Eagles thread!

All in all though I am REALLY happy that TO didn't go to Washington or NYG! I think we can celebrate that.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #30
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Big Bills fan here (wife is from Buffalo) and I cannot figure this to be a good thing. he is going to tear Trent Edwards down, which is a shame.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote