Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #261
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

You KNOW that is some bad traffic, if you have ever been trapped on I-20 at those times, before and after are
just awful. First I have to question being on the road at all. This is a game you sit down and watch. I have
turned down plans to go places on Saturday and declined on the off chance I have car trouble or get arrested or
some random event keeps me from the TV at the appointed hour.

But obviously you have to do what you are doing, or you wouldn't be doing it during the game of the century. Me,
I'd stop at a motel and watch the game then get on the road. Or you could Zen out and listen to the post game
shows on the radio in traffic. Maybe you will even make great time and miss the traffic, or they go to overtime,
(which would KILL ME). It's not like you will be stuck in traffic cause of some idiot motorist, you will there waiting to
get home, among your fellow Bama fans, who will need your support to get over the loss while they also sit in traffic.
You can listen to all the Bama folks on the radio, slamming the officials, or the LSU cheating players, or even the fringe
ones who call for Saban's head. Heck you can even call in to the radio show yourself and tell them not to feel bad
because it's only a game after all.

I hope it works out for you, Kid...
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #262
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

You normally go through Starkville and Columbus? Wow, there is NO good way to go from Greenwood to Birmingham.
You could invent the flying car.
If this is all about not missing church in the morning, I'd tell em not to lay out your good suit.
Stay in MS a few hours longer, stay overnight, get on the road a bit earlier than planned.
That is a terrible challenge of just trying to avoid Tuscaloosa...nigh on impossible.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #263
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, man, I'd watch the game in Mittippi and drive back in the morning.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #264
OLS
Suck It

Last chance for all you wayward, deluded souls to come over to the winning side........

LSULSULSULSULSULSULSULSULSU
Chant it with me,
CMON, you know the words......
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #265
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Last chance for all you wayward, deluded souls to come over to the LOSING side........

LSULSULSULSULSULSULSULSULSU
Chant it with me,
CMON, you know the words......
Fixed that for you!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #266
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
You normally go through Starkville and Columbus? Wow, there is NO good way to go from Greenville (FIXED) to Birmingham.
You could invent the flying car.
If this is all about not missing church in the morning, I'd tell em not to lay out your good suit.
Stay in MS a few hours longer, stay overnight, get on the road a bit earlier than planned.
That is a terrible challenge of just trying to avoid Tuscaloosa...nigh on impossible.
On the map, an alternative route by veering off at Greenwood and going thru Winfield to I-22 only adds 6 miles over my normal route. However, the roads will be two lane, and 45-55 mph, vs U.S. 82, which is almost all 4-lane and 65 mph. The alternative route would also give me the ability to by Bham to the north over backroads (between Brookside and Springville) that I have driven on all my life. And, I'm familiar with the Alabama parts of the alternative route, having run it a hundred times going to family reunions in NE Mississippi. So, it's not ALL bad news or unknown road!

Staying not really an issue if that is what I want, since my wife's travel nurse company has her an apartment set up. I just have a really good king bed at home (verses a half-way queen at apartment). Plus, there are some family issues concerning my elderly mom. I am a night person, used to staying up to one or two am most nights, but hate the mornings. Plus, morning driving will be east, 5 hours into the rising sun.

Also, thinking things thru, if we leave Sunday morning at normal "get-up-for-work" time, we will be thru T-town about the time the RV's all are packed up and hitting the road. And when the people staying over on Saturday night head back out. So, Sunday mid-morning traffic after the game will be nearly as bad as Saturday night.

My intention is to NOT even listen to the game on the way home. It is being recorded, and I do not mind watching it delayed. My children have orders NOT to let us know the outcome. We can then watch the game off the dvr (and I can fast forward thru the commercials and the useless pratter of the mindless announcers. I swear, the commentators have gotten so bad on TV, I often watch the games with the sound muted!

Last edited by SvilleKid; 11-04-2011 at 01:57 PM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #267
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Roll Tide!

And Go Cocks!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #268
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Another "Roll, Tide, Roll", Here!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #269
OLS
Suck It

Good luck tomorrow you guys.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #270
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Took the Tide with the 4.5 points. I'm seeing a 20-10 score.

Took Ark at -4.5 and Vandy at +10.5.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #271
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Enjoy your last few unbeaten hours of 2011, OLS.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #272
OLS
Suck It

LSU wins this game three ways.

1.) Best kicking game on the field. Brad Wing is King. We are going to plant you guys so deep on punts that you will
have little chance to get out of your own end against our D.

2.) LSU defense has more big plays

3.) LSU QBs make fewer mistakes.

I look forward to EACH and every one of you popping in tonight to offer your congratulations.
Now let's get ready to rock.

-----

Uh-oh, Mike the Tiger fell down on the running out to the field....this might be bad, haha.

Last edited by OLS; 11-05-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #273
OLS
Suck It

Geez 3 first downs and I can hardly hear the crowd, lol. Cmon man, there's 101 thousand people on hand.
Three more and they will be sitting on their hands. Especially after another Bama punt.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #274
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

So any thoughts on Missouri joining the SEC? Announcement is coming Monday. I know the big game is on now but I have a few thoughts.

SEC is going to be tougher.
Going to be nice to see MIZZOU play some new teams.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #275
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
LSU wins this game three ways.

1.) Best kicking game on the field. Brad Wing is King. We are going to plant you guys so deep on punts that you will
have little chance to get out of your own end against our D.

2.) LSU defense has more big plays

3.) LSU QBs make fewer mistakes.
Well, one out of three ain't bad. If Tyrann Mathieu's selfish penalty costs LSU the game I will be very upset.
Just a stupid, stupid play.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #276
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

I really don't think anyone can beat LSU or Alabama right now... besides LSU or Alabama
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #277
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

in the books
G G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #278
OLS
Suck It

Really??
Even with an extra hour of sleep??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg groupcrickets.jpg (53.3 KB, 132 views)
Old 11-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #279
OneFineAsh

LSU and Alabama game of the year or what?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #280
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

That wildcat pass from Maze was a catch! Williams had it in his hands and landed on his back. BS call of the year, IMO. That was the difference in the game (it's tough to rely on 40+ yard field goals with any kicker). It was a horrible job coaching by Bama in the OT possession.

At least Carolina lost!

Just saying.