Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #21
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I will have to smoke one of each back to back to check and see. Have you smoked them back to back? I'm wondering if the ones shipping now are slightly muted from having a little more age on them from when everyone was first smoking the ORs. Just a guess.
Yes, I have (which is where this observation came from)...Smoked an OR and loved it, then smoked one from a box that just got to my Local B&M, and noticed a significant difference...

The interesting thing is that while I don't know for sure, I would assume that the sticks shipping around now are more newly rolled (as opposed to the Regular release ones that shipped right after the ORs, as Pete has said they were all rolled at the same time)...There was a time right after they were released (right around the show?) that the BPL were not available, which says to me that they were rolling more (although that is just my feeling mind you, I have no proof of that for sure)...

Does that make sense?
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Makes perfect sense. I was just wondering because when I spoke to Pete about these he told me the same thing, that they were all rolled at the same time but the ORs were just left with the unfinished foot and pig tail. I guess maybe smoking two of mine back to back won't help as the box I bought was part of the first rounders shipped after they became regular release. I sure hope what your experiencing is a fluke as I have really been digging these and would hate to see a significant change in the blend.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #23
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
It's not laquer your smelling. The box was made from MDF and sleeved with a Spanish cedar liner. The smell your getting is from the MDF and should have no ill effect on your sticks. I smelled a box at a shop where they removed the sticks from the foil and the MDF actually ended up soaking up the tobacco smell and the box no longer smelled like the MDF. If your storing for long term I would keep the sticks in the foil.
To be honest when I first got my box I removed the sticks too until I found out where that unique smell was coming from.
Yes, I have noticed this as well. I thought I was the only one
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #24
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Started another thread on the box smell but to tie it into this, could it be that the boxes have something to do with when they were rolled? Who knows but if the current batch of the blacks is really different than what was first released I am officially done with this brand. OR this OR that with no way to tell what you have unless you buy and smoke them. My plan was to keep them sealed but I am going to crack the bundle open and compare for myself. I am seeing a WTB thread "Tatuaje Black Stinky/Non-Stinky Box"
Old 11-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #25
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Started another thread on the box smell but to tie it into this, could it be that the boxes have something to do with when they were rolled? Who knows but if the current batch of the blacks is really different than what was first released I am officially done with this brand. OR this OR that with no way to tell what you have unless you buy and smoke them. My plan was to keep them sealed but I am going to crack the bundle open and compare for myself. I am seeing a WTB thread "Tatuaje Black Stinky/Non-Stinky Box"
I believe that the OR Petite Lanceros have the closed foot and the new ones do not. There was a thread on here that someone stated that is how you can tell apart the OR from the others. Hope this helps.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #26
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big a View Post
I believe that the OR Petite Lanceros have the closed foot and the new ones do not. There was a thread on here that someone stated that is how you can tell apart the OR from the others. Hope this helps.
Yes, that is true. There were some that were rolled at the same time as the closed foot that were to be released as the regular production. What is being discussed is why there seems to be a difference between some of the regular production sticks.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #27
shadow king
Fresh outta Ad Seg

First Name: Matt
Trading: (19)
Quintero
shadow king is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post
Has anyone else thought there is a significant difference between the OR (from Tobacco Grove) and the sticks that were released right after that, and what we are seeing now? I swear the flavors are not even CLOSE to the ORs...just more muted to me?

Or am I crazy?

I have come to this same conclusion. To be honest, I was expecting these to be somewhat similiar to the OR's. Don't get me wrong, these have a good flavor but they are very mild for Tatuaje standards. I don't get any spice at all, which is a major let down for me. Hopefully these get stronger with age, but I'm no expert
shadow king is offline   Reply With Quote