Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 09-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #21
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cuban Crafters Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Take this with a grain of salt but if you cannot afford to have two cutters, you'll be in for a real shock when you start moving into the high end cigars. And you will eventually move there if you haven't started messing in that area.
While I understand certainly your point, I think a lot of the elitist view of cigars has died down. If you love cigars, there are tons that are really easy on the budget. For example, I LOVE Puros Indios Viejos by Rolando Reyes Sr. I get 25 for $25 all the time. There is no reason you must buy expensive cigars to enjoy the hobby!

Not trying to argue, I very much respect your opinion (all the time), just my take on it.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #22
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce13 View Post
While I understand certainly your point, I think a lot of the elitist view of cigars has died down. If you love cigars, there a tons that are really easy on the budget. For example, I LOVE Puros Indios Viejos by Rolando Reyes Sr. I get 25 for $25 all the time.

Not trying to argue, I very much respect your opinion (all the time), just my take on it.
But that $25 will disappear into thin air...yummy thing air but still. I just hope this botl sticks with the budget smokes and a small humi because this cliff is STEEP!

And FYI..if you respect my opinion then you sir are headed in the wrong direction

Not the exact same but this reminds me of one member who talked about sticking to cheap cigars due to $$ but had Opus X and a Rolex that he chipped in to pay for, all the while golfing 1-2x a week and still in high school.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

I know of he you speak about, and he has since quieted down...lol
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #24
TheRuckus13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
But that $25 will disappear into thin air...yummy thing air but still. I just hope this botl sticks with the budget smokes and a small humi because this cliff is STEEP!

And FYI..if you respect my opinion then you sir are headed in the wrong direction

Not the exact same but this reminds me of one member who talked about sticking to cheap cigars due to $$ but had Opus X and a Rolex that he chipped in to pay for, all the while golfing 1-2x a week and still in high school.
When I say I cannot afford it, I mean I have more brains than money. I can't in good conscious buy two cutters I don't need just because I can when I don't make 500,000 dollars a year. Especially when yes I DO smoke good cigars. Yesterday I had a Padron 4000 and a RP Sun Grown, and the time I smoked before that I had a RP Vintage, that is WHY I can't afford to own three cutters in my first month.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #25
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuckus13 View Post
When I say I cannot afford it, I mean I have more brains than money. I can't in good conscious buy two cutters I don't need just because I can when I don't make 500,000 dollars a year. Especially when yes I DO smoke good cigars. Yesterday I had a Padron 4000 and a RP Sun Grown, and the time I smoked before that I had a RP Vintage, that is WHY I can't afford to own three cutters in my first month.
Smoke what you like and like what you smoke, but do be aware cigars can get upwards of $50 per stick.

Having two cutters isn't a bad thing....I can't count how many cutters I have gone through in just two years.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #26
TheRuckus13

Cutter and punch came in today with a free Cameroon Torpedo. Earlier on I made a BOTL post about how I hated my Colibri. Some suggested along with myself that it may be me and NOT the cutter. Well I can assure you all now, it was the cutter. This CC is at least 10x sharper than the Colibri, hard to imagine but it's true.