Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #21
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Everything's amazing, nobody's happy

Louis CK is my favorite stand up comic, he's spot on here

definitely check out his youtube bits, awesome
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #22
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Since I was recently unemployed due to lay offs i have been driving around trying to pimp myself to every business owner possible and I have met many people at these businesses that were so lazy and had that attitude that the world owed them something and I am constantly thinking "How the **** do you have a job and I don't!!!"

When i was at my last position there were many, many days I never saw the sun because I got to the office before sunrise, skipped lunch, and worked till after sunset. I was a salaried employee and did not make extra working more hours, i did it to get my job done. But constantly i would see so many others (young and old) who would show up sometime around 9 and never actually make it to 5 o'clock before starting to pack up. These people then would get mad if they were asked to do the slightness extra task and then would have the gall to demand more pay because they felt they were worth more. The laziness of this particular type of person is so widespread that is why we are in an economic downturn. Its not the government's fault, its not the banks' fault it is the lazy work ethic of the majority of folks in the market that have caused us to fail.

Sorry to rant, i have just had a kinda chip on my shoulder lately and this video just triggered a nerve. FYI I do now have a job lined up so this was in no way a post looking for sympathy.

Of course it is a Tuesday and I am home having a drink and a smoke at 3 in the afternoon on the deck, so maybe I'm just a kettle that needs to be quiet.

Thanks for the post Fred
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #23
BC-Axeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
Since I was recently unemployed due to lay offs i have been driving around trying to pimp myself to every business owner possible and I have met many people at these businesses that were so lazy and had that attitude that the world owed them something and I am constantly thinking "How the **** do you have a job and I don't!!!"

When i was at my last position there were many, many days I never saw the sun because I got to the office before sunrise, skipped lunch, and worked till after sunset. I was a salaried employee and did not make extra working more hours, i did it to get my job done. But constantly i would see so many others (young and old) who would show up sometime around 9 and never actually make it to 5 o'clock before starting to pack up. These people then would get mad if they were asked to do the slightness extra task and then would have the gall to demand more pay because they felt they were worth more. The laziness of this particular type of person is so widespread that is why we are in an economic downturn. Its not the government's fault, its not the banks' fault it is the lazy work ethic of the majority of folks in the market that have caused us to fail.

Sorry to rant, i have just had a kinda chip on my shoulder lately and this video just triggered a nerve. FYI I do now have a job lined up so this was in no way a post looking for sympathy.

Of course it is a Tuesday and I am home having a drink and a smoke at 3 in the afternoon on the deck, so maybe I'm just a kettle that needs to be quiet.

Thanks for the post Fred
Congratulations, on both things.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #24
nozero

Thanks for sharing that! Very true...

I'm frequently reminded of how lucky I am when I help a user with DUN (dial up networking) at work and I see how it was for me and how it is for them...
Old 02-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #25
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Thanks, Fred. Four minutes of fresh air!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #26
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Louis nailed it. All the great ones do. Oh to have a mind that picks up on those absurdities.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #27
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
"You noncontributing zero!"
My new catch phrase

I love Louis. Really liked his HBO show..too bad it only lasted a year.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #28
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

I did not realize that I was a mere movie and a dump from home. You mean that I didn't need the slippers?

signed,
Dorothy
Old 02-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
webjunkie
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (1)
Punch
webjunkie is on a distinguished road

"Watch a movie, take a dump, and you're home." I love air travel.
webjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #30
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Thanks Fred!!!

But really the video was taking too long for me to watch while I made a call and sent a text on my cell phone, and made this post...

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote