Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Wink Maxx...The Culture

The cigar is Maxx,the size is "The Culture" by Alec Bradley.The pre smoke shows a wonderful shiny dark chocolate colored wrapper,a firm,very heavy 7 by 58 Toro size. The draw is medium ,yielding a sweet,mature tobacco taste,the aroma gives hints of honey,the texture and feel are pleasant and promise good things to come. The light up is by match,the burn is even, and the initial rise is sweet and rich,with notes of cedar and cinnamon. The first third gives several layers of flavor,I detected honey,light leather aromas and taste,hickory nuts,all in a rich and palate filling smoke.The second third was even more enjoyable,the flavors developed into alternating caramel and chocolate notes,some light pepper on the tongue,a brief notion of licorice,all wrapped in a velvety smooth palate and aroma,very rich and satisfying.The final third was remarkably like the second ,adding a light salty taste,some cedar and light spice,the flavors build to a peak,staying full and in harmony,until the point where I was forced to put it down.The overall impression of this cigar was completely positive.The various flavors were harmonious and multilayered,and aromas were a symphony,always very full and rich,never harsh or over powering,.The burn on this cigar was the best I have ever seen on a vitola of this size,perfect all the way.I give this cigar top marks,the experience was extraordinary.I would give this a strength rating of 7.5 out of 10 ,and an overall rating of 19 of 20.I will certainly get a good supply of this cigar,and I look forward to trying it every 6 months or so as it matures.
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Maxx...The Culture

I guess I'm behind the times and just now getting around to buring my way through the AB line of cigars. I've only had a small sampling of the Maxx though at the moment I'm liking it.

What I really what to get my hands on is the Maxx Brazilian.

Good review, man.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote