Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My poor wife...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
So the wife has been on a diet, a few minutes ago I looked over at her, she's about halfway through an AVO heritage and I swear she's bright green. She says her head hurts, she feels sick, and she feels like she's drunk. This is the first time this has happened to her, so what do you guys do when a cigar makes you turn colors? She looks so pitiful, now she's laying on the cold floor... What can I tell her to help her out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks View Post
give her some hard candy. She might have nicotine poisoning
It's not really poisoning...when the small amount of nicotine in a cigar makes you ill, it's usually referred to as a rush, not quite as far along as a poisoning...for it to be poisoning it would have to be sixty milligrams of nicotine (the amount in about 30-40 cigarettes), whcih has the potential to kill an adult who is not a smoker if all of the nicotine were absorbed. This figure is ~120 mg in chronic cigarette smokers, smoking an average of 20 non-light cigarettes delivering ~1.7 mg of nicotine each daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismith75 View Post
Sugar and water. Give her some candy, piece of fruit etc. Get her blood sugar up.
While a soda works, hard candy would take too long...the easiest solution is just a teaspoon or two of sugar and the nicotine rush is usually neutralized within moments...