Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #81
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CC's or NC's?

I've read nothing but good reviews of Partagas Shorts...Thinking of buying a box as my first Cubans
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #82
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Trading: (2)
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
I've read nothing but good reviews of Partagas Shorts...Thinking of buying a box as my first Cubans
I'm a fan of the Party Short, and it's a good transition from bolder nicaraguans to cubans. They're too small for me, generally speaking, since if I have time to smoke, I want to really enjoy it for a while. But when you don't have the time or want something quick, Party Shorts are fantastic.

Boli PCs are another great option, and the SCdlH El Principe is one of the best little smokes out there right now.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #83
Bad Finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
The "why doesn't every NC have a subforum/review area" question has been answered many times. The shear volume (and more new ones daily) makes it nearly impossible. Other than the existence of a habanos forum and marca specific review areas, I have no idea what you mean by preferential.

Where are these "multiple other areas" of which you speak?

The ToE built the board that they wanted and do listen to inmate input. If the board isn't what you want, VBulletin.org is the place to go to see how cheap and easy it is to set one up yourself.

Build it and people who want your environment will come. If it gets lonely, don't complain to me.

Wow, Really Mark? That's how you read what I said? All I was implying was the fact that cubans definately get preferential treatment on ALL boards, and those who tend to play coy and say things like "smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Doesn't matter what the others say, matters what you like."
while being one of the biggest cc whores most Asylum members know is pretty weak. Give the man an actual answer, he is only seeking help.

As for me asking "If that is the case and it simply comes down to what a person likes, why do CC's get so much special treatment on forum boards by getting their own section for every marca and multiple other areas dedicated directly to Cuban blends?", where did I ever ask for others to get the same?

I was only noting that the site in fact DOES give the preference to CC's and not NC's. I would also appreciate it if you would please me where I asked "why doesn't every NC have a subforum/review area". That wasn't what my question asked at all.

And saying "If the board isn't what you want, VBulletin.org is the place to go to see how cheap and easy it is to set one up yourself.

Build it and people who want your environment will come. If it gets lonely, don't complain to me" makes you look like an elitest. When did I say this board isn't what I want? And who put you in charge of telling people to leave and go elsewhere?

Is this what the mods around here expect out of their senior members? If so, then you probably are right. I should go find somewhere else.

However, even if I leave, the fact will remain. CC's will continue to get the earned respect they get on these types of websites that the NC's do not get. That is the status quo.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #84
Bad Finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I fail to see the tie-in between your question and the comment, and my first thought was "what's the difference?", but you may want to consider that this board, as well as many others, are privately owned, run and paid for.
Point being, the powers that be may prefer it that way. Considering neither of us have a dime in it, that brings us right back around to "what's the difference?"
Another way to look at it relates to Ferdie's comment earlier. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of non-cuban marcas. Where would one fit a category for each? Who would remove, manage, change things as one marca after another is abandoned because it's stopped selling?
There's not a new cc created every week, and it stands to reason that one could break down the reviews, for instance, such as they are here. I can't speak to how other boards are broken down, I don't visit them.

Again, I didn't request that they do. I just am bringing up the fact that there is preferential treatment on ALL CIGAR FORUMS, not just CA.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #85
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

First and foremost everyone needs to take a step back and remember this is just a cigar board. Let's not make it personal.

For anyone who cares, it is my opinon that this board and countless others stratify CCs and not NCs solely based on what Clayton has succicntly stated below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumushi View Post
2. The fact that there are small, finite set of marcas that has hardly changed in the last 10 years, and as such can easily be given that kind of detailed treatment. I dare you to try to organize every Marca on the NC side that's existed in the last ten years.
Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #86
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
First and foremost everyone needs to take a step back and remember this is just a cigar board. Let's not make it personal.
In the words of Jules Winfield, "Everybody chill".

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #87
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
In the words of Jules Winfield, "Everybody chill".
That's cute

My favorite is "Pigs is dirty animals".
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #88
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
Just had a Partagas "Chino"

I really like them when I don't have time for a full cigar. Hope you enjoy your purchase!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #89
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

Angel on one shoulder: "Don't do it..."

Devil on the other shoulder: "Do it!!!"
Old 03-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #90
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Trading: (2)
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

Do it.

Just do it.

Seriously... do it.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #91
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Finger View Post
and those who tend to play coy and say things like "smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Doesn't matter what the others say, matters what you like."
while being one of the biggest cc whores most Asylum members know is pretty weak. Give the man an actual answer, he is only seeking help.
There is no actual answer to the question CC or NC. Taste is subjective and what you smoke is merely a preference. Even if someone "is the biggest CC whore" that doesn't mean they are for everyone and he should tell everyone to smoke CC's because he does.

There are many members here given the choice they would gladly never smoke another CC again and continue to horde and smoke massive amounts of NC's.

I think you are also forgetting that the topic poster smoked 10 or so CC's and they did nothing for him. I won't speak for Mark but to me his post translates to "if you smoked CC's and they aren't your cup of tea maybe they aren't for you. Just smoke what you already enjoy".

Old 03-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #92
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Say 'what' again. I dare you. I double dare you motherf%ck%r, say what one more Goddamn time!

But seriously,giving CCs their own section only shows that there are a lot of people on the board that want the section and that many users perceive it as added value to a forum. It is not an indication that the board is biased or prejudiced against NCs. That would be the case if there were NO section on NCs, or if the ToE made an announcement that NC smokers are douchebags and not welcome on the board. So far in this thread, I have only seen insults being thrown in one direction. Pound for pound, there is far more discussion on NC brands on this site, so I don't see how giving habanos smokers a enclave to discuss CCs is in any way preferential, or why it would cause people to get a chip on their shoulder

Last edited by akumushi; 03-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.
akumushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #93
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

What?
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #94
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
What?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #95
PuffPuffGive1
I'm the one who knocks!

First Name: Alan
Trading: (5)
PuffPuffGive1 is on a distinguished road

CC's FTMFW and I never smoked a cigar in my life!(J/K) Even though my taste pallet is more suited towards the flavors CC's and Nicaraguans produce, I am in no way influenced by what or where a cigar is made or the legal status of them. =D

Last edited by PuffPuffGive1; 03-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.
PuffPuffGive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #96
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
If that is the case and it simply comes down to what a person likes, why do CC's get so much special treatment on forum boards by getting their own section for every marca and multiple other areas dedicated directly to Cuban blends?

I don't see that preferential treatment for say, Nicaraguan cigars.

I run a Dutch cigar board, we have the NC section split up in Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan and Others, but cigars with tobacco from different countries can cause discussion. We recently had the same question and it is hard to divide NC's by country. What makes a cigar a Nicaraguan cigar? If the majority of the tobacco used is Nicaraguan but the cigar is made in Honduras, is it a Honduran cigar or a Nicaraguan cigar?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #97
thecatch83

Quote:
If that is the case and it simply comes down to what a person likes, why do CC's get so much special treatment on forum boards by getting their own section for every marca and multiple other areas dedicated directly to Cuban blends?

I don't see that preferential treatment for say, Nicaraguan cigars.

How come when Pet Johnson takes a dump, everyone in the webz says he did it wrong? And have you ever been to Nicaragua?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #98
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
How come when Pet Johnson takes a dump, everyone in the webz says "what a masterpiece?"
fixed
Old 03-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #99
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy View Post
Boli PCs are another great option, and the SCdlH El Principe is one of the best little smokes out there right now.
EXCEPT as a part of plan to stock all three in great numbers, I would pass on the Short altogether and
stock the Bolivar PC and the El Principes....two PHENOMENAL smokes of great consistency, especially the Bolivar.

Last edited by OLS; 03-30-2012 at 05:45 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #100
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
How come when Pet Johnson takes a dump, everyone in the webz says he did it wrong? And have you ever been to Nicaragua?

I try not to talk about my Pet Johnson.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote