RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ray Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhedrick83 View Post
Say what you want about Keith Olbermann's politics, this is pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dK1vzqhr4M
Feel free to discuss that POS Ray Rice.
Leave the politics out of the discussion.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:58 AM   #3
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Ray Rice is bad.

POLITICS!!!! POLITICS!!!! POLITICS!!!!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:45 AM   #4
jhedrick83
GO VOLS!

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (0)
jhedrick83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Feel free to discuss that POS Ray Rice.
Leave the politics out of the discussion.
That was my intention. I was hoping nip it in the bud with that caveat. I guess now that I think about it, it's probably a lot like asking someone not to think about pink elephants.

I can believe how much the NFL has chit the bed and seems dead set on rolling around in it. Why the hell would you try and shield him? As hard as Goddell has been on discipline I don't get it.
jhedrick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #5
TXSmokey
huh

First Name: Richard
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
TXSmokey is on a distinguished road

Investigating the investigation of the investigation. Rofl
TXSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #6
8zeros
What's this button do?

First Name: Roger
8zeros will become famous soon enough

I was wondering if someone would raise this up.
I think the Rice issue has been blown out of proportion by too much attention being paid by people who it's none of their business.
That said, the NFL is continuing to line up sharks to jump. I don't even want to watch them any more. Corruption, drugs, politics, lies, backhanded deals, yuck! I wouldn't care if I didn't hear about it all the time. I reckon someone is probably even trying to line up a reality show already. I shouldn't have said that.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #7
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Did someone say pink elephants?
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #8
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Rice should and will be able to play pretty soon. Owners don't want players banned indefinitely. As bad as what Rice did, it wasn't what Vick did...

Rice is just a scapegoat for all arm chair, shot from the hip attitude. Everything is real time today...
Old 09-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #9
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Did someone say pink elephants?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
jhedrick83
GO VOLS!

First Name: Jesse
jhedrick83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

jhedrick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #11
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Rice should and will be able to play pretty soon. Owners don't want players banned indefinitely. As bad as what Rice did, it wasn't what Vick did...

Rice is just a scapegoat for all arm chair, shot from the hip attitude. Everything is real time today...
No, what Ray Rice did was worse. Vick mistreated and killed animals. Ray Rice beat a woman; a human being. Rice is supposed to be a protector of his wife/fiancé. Instead he was her assailant. In my book domestic violence is way worse than animal abuse. Neither is a good thing but one is much worse in my opinion.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
No, what Ray Rice did was worse. Vick mistreated and killed animals. Ray Rice beat a woman; a human being. Rice is supposed to be a protector of his wife/fiancé. Instead he was her assailant. In my book domestic violence is way worse than animal abuse. Neither is a good thing but one is much worse in my opinion.
I tend to stay out of threads where strong opinions may lead to headaches for the ToE, so I'll just say, .
Old 09-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #13
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Old 09-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #14
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

OK...so I did have something to add.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I tend to stay out of threads where strong opinions may lead to headaches for the ToE, so I'll just say, .
I know it's a heated topic. I simply disagree. I am not angry, calling names, or anything like that. I have no ill will toward Moses.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #16
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
I know it's a heated topic. I simply disagree. I am not angry, calling names, or anything like that. I have no ill will toward Moses.
I understand, as I'm sure Moses does and wasn't suggesting otherwise. Just saying that I personally tend to stear clear of heated topics, yet felt compelled to say I agreed with what you said.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I understand, as I'm sure Moses does and wasn't suggesting otherwise. Just saying that I personally tend to stear clear of heated topics, yet felt compelled to say I agreed with what you said.
I really don't care about Rice and whether he ever plays in the NFL again. I don't hit people or harm animals, and I know there is no ill will towards me, so no worries. Just want to give an objective opinion on the whole thing.

Harming and killing animals (non hunting) is worse to me. It's pointless to convince each other which is worse; just opinion... If what Rice did was so bad, why isn't he being punished by the State? Vick did Federal time for his crimes. Is there any correlation between the punishment of a crime and the detriment it has to society? There's supposed to be...

Do we know what the precedent for the Rice incident was? Do you think she was antagonizing or "pushing his buttons". Not that either is an excuse for hitting anyone, but sometimes if you push hard enough you get the response intended...
Old 09-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #18
Will herf for food

VR

I think criminality of said actions depends on the state where it took place. I believe in Michigan, domestic abuse charges are pressed by the state regardless of the victim's stance. So, if that had happened here Rice would likely be facing charges. I don't know the law for domestic abuse in NJ nor the law in Georgia or wherever Vick was busted.

In my opinion Rice should absolutely do time for his actions.

If he did that to a stranger on the street wouldn't he face assault charges at the minimum; regardless of what the stranger said to him?
Old 09-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #19
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
In my opionion...this. I tend to regard humans a whole bunch more than animals.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #20
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Personally, it doesn't matter to me if the perpetrator was a male or female or if the victim was male of female, a crime is a crime and a (putting it very mildly) lapse in behavior is a lapse. For anyone who (for better or worse) is held to a higher standard (and often a higher salary and/or level of influence), such matters do matter a great deal.

In all of this, it seems to me that it is the NFL which is lacking. I do not forgive or in any way condone Rice's actions, but in this case I would expect him to be self-serving. As a result, I do agree with the analysis of John Stewart of The Daily Show in this matter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1936383

I am not pushing any political slant for either The Daily Show or Jon Stewart. It is my opinion, in this case, that he speaks for my views and, perhaps, many here.

And finally, I send my thoughts and prayers to the victim who is now his wife. I pray that she never has to have this experience again and that her marriage is all that she hopes for it to be.