Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (84)
lbowles2 will become famous soon enough
Default Cain Daytona

I hadn't seen much discussion about this cigar so I thought I would put in my 2 cents. The local B&M got some of these in and when I saw that they came in a 5x43 size and a 6x46 corona size I got excited and bought a couple of each. Man what a great smoke! I am a fan of both the Cain and the Cain F but to my tastebuds this Daytona is the best of the bunch.

So far I have smoked the two sizes mentioned above but that's it. Does anybody have any input comparing the smaller sizes with the larger ones? What do you guys think of them if you've smoked em?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Cain Daytona

My thoughts (and a few others) are in this thread:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42536

I've had the PC & Corona size, both great smokes. Probably my favorite Cain.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
My thoughts (and a few others) are in this thread:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42536

I've had the PC & Corona size, both great smokes. Probably my favorite Cain.
Saw that post in my search but didn't see too many opinions of the cigar other than the reviewer and 2 or 3 others. Just wanted to get some additional opinions now that it's been almost a month since it was started
Old 03-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Christiel49

Thanks! They just got'em in @ my B&M. Will have to stop by a pickup a few
Old 03-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

I have been wanting to try this one. Looks like you might make me actually buy something from Churchills, Larry!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
I have been wanting to try this one. Looks like you might make me actually buy something from Churchills, Larry!
LOL... Just let me know when you wanna go
Old 03-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

whats the price point on them?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Just finished one. I like it!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Hmm, gonna have to check out the B&M tomorrow to see if they have these. Always on the lookout for good PC and corona sized cigars.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

Quote:
Sent you a PM Travis
Old 03-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Travis, single price on the PC was just under $5 (with tax,) and the corona & robusto were both about $5.50. I remember a torp and a large RG size, and those were about 7. (Virginia prices, ymmv)

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

The only on I've had has some minor burn issues, looking forward to trying another.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowles2 View Post
I hadn't seen much discussion about this cigar so I thought I would put in my 2 cents. The local B&M got some of these in and when I saw that they came in a 5x43 size and a 6x46 corona size I got excited and bought a couple of each. Man what a great smoke! I am a fan of both the Cain and the Cain F but to my tastebuds this Daytona is the best of the bunch.

So far I have smoked the two sizes mentioned above but that's it. Does anybody have any input comparing the smaller sizes with the larger ones? What do you guys think of them if you've smoked em?
I just finished the corona and have now smoked all 6 sizes (the five regular sizes and the short robusto from the Studio Tobac sampler). The smaller ones are more peppery than the others. My favorite is the torpedo, by far, with the short robusto as a close second.

I am not a big Cain fan (although I like the Cain F550), these are by far my favorite Cains
Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #14
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Normally, not a big Cain fan, don't get the "in your face strength" flavor profile without much complexity or change. Of course, I've only had a couple. But my experience was boldness in a one dimensional character. While not a bad dimension, it just didn't do much for me.

I have now had the Daytona #4, 646, and the 550. I like these quite a bit - by far my favorite Cain. There is a flavor in them I haven't identified yet that is really satisfyingly (is that a word?) sweet yet spicy.

I must say, this is the most intriguing "new" flavor I have found in a cigar so far in 2011, maybe 2010 as well.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #15
Duke9192

I really tried to like this smoke. I've tried them on several occasions and there's just something about this smoke I (and I can't quite lay my finger on the flavor) that doesn't work for me. I'm a big fan of the Cain F though.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #16
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

These are some of my favorite new smokes. Best in the Cain line IMHO.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #17
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

The Daytona is my favorite Cain to date!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #18
nofeardiver
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (4)
nofeardiver will become famous soon enough

The no4 (smallest) is my favorite, i also really enjoy the 550, and i love the torp, i hated the 660, just didnt taste right to me, dont know if i got a bad one or what... But i also didnt like the regular cains in the 660 format, so maybe that size just isnt for me... If you havent tried the no4, grab one, but smoke it slow cause it is a small cigar and tends to get hot... it is my goto lunch break cigar, about 45-hour smoke...
nofeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #19
mfarre03
Never pet a burning dog..

First Name: Mike
Trading: (3)
Cohiba
mfarre03 is on a distinguished road

Would love to try one but just havn't been able to find them around here. I just have to get on and order a few. I hear nothing but good things.
mfarre03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #20
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke9192 View Post
I really tried to like this smoke. I've tried them on several occasions and there's just something about this smoke I (and I can't quite lay my finger on the flavor) that doesn't work for me. I'm a big fan of the Cain F though.
Yeah, there is a flavor that is different, something I haven't identified as of yet. I really like it.

What is more, that unique flavor makes this something different. I can get a couple dozen Nicaraguans that taste similar, a couple dozen Dominicans that taste similar, a couple dozen... (you the idea) If you like those flavors, find the cheapest one that fits the bill and stock up.

Or, if you are like me, I have my stand-byes, those cigars that consistently deliver that flavor I want. And then, there are the rest of the cigars in my humidor - usually consistent from stick to stick - but they have something that no other cigar has, something that makes you say, "Wow!"

The Daytona have that something flavor which nobody else has which makes them unique and worth adding a few to the humidor.

Now, I need to figure out what that flavor pairs with.

Peace of th Lord be with you.