Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Steve and Holly

Most of you know the situation with Steve and Holly. Earlier today I had a brother PM me and asked if there was anything he/we could do to help them out. I don’t want to put Steve’s business out there anymore than necessary, but as you all can imagine, with the medical bills, and the fact that Steve hasn’t been able to work much for a while now while taking care of Holly it’s getting tight. I want to say thanks to Adam and Jason for kinda spurring me a little to get this going. With 4 of us already contributing today my wife and I went by the hospital for a short visit with Steve, Holly and Abby. I was able to give him $350.

If anyone wants to contribute to Steve and Holly you can use poopal friends and family option and send it to me at g.gainey@icloud.com and you have my word that it will be delivered to Steve personally. If anyone wants to contribute but don’t feel comfortable sending it to me then there is a gofundme account HERE. This account was started by a youth leader at their Church who is more like a big sister to Abby than a friend.

I realize it’s not the best time of year for asking for donations, but wanted to put it out there for anyone that can and wants to. I asked Steves permission to post this thread and being the awesome friend that he is to me, I know it’s not comfortable for him to take help instead of being the one giving it. Steve has always been a giver and has done a lot in this community and in his community with his cooking talents and just being the guy that helps out.

Thanks to anyone that can give in their time of need.

PM me or post in the thread any questions for comments and thanks.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Steve and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Most of you know the situation with Steve and Holly. Earlier today I had a brother PM me and asked if there was anything he/we could do to help them out. I don’t want to put Steve’s business out there anymore than necessary, but as you all can imagine, with the medical bills, and the fact that Steve hasn’t been able to work much for a while now while taking care of Holly it’s getting tight. I want to say thanks to Adam and Jason for kinda spurring me a little to get this going. With 4 of us already contributing today my wife and I went by the hospital for a short visit with Steve, Holly and Abby. I was able to give him $350.

If anyone wants to contribute to Steve and Holly you can use poopal friends and family option and send it to me at g.gainey@icloud.com and you have my word that it will be delivered to Steve personally. If anyone wants to contribute but don’t feel comfortable sending it to me then there is a gofundme account HERE. This account was started by a youth leader at their Church who is more like a big sister to Abby than a friend.

I realize it’s not the best time of year for asking for donations, but wanted to put it out there for anyone that can and wants to. I asked Steves permission to post this thread and being the awesome friend that he is to me, I know it’s not comfortable for him to take help instead of being the one giving it. Steve has always been a giver and has done a lot in this community and in his community with his cooking talents and just being the guy that helps out.

Thanks to anyone that can give in their time of need.

PM me or post in the thread any questions for comments and thanks.
Thanks, Greg. You're A Good Friend, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Just glad you are there to help, Greg, if it wasn't for that it wouldn't have spurred me, I didn't do anything other than click a couple buttons.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #4
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Just glad you are there to help, Greg, if it wasn't for that it wouldn't have spurred me, I didn't do anything other than click a couple buttons.
Hey friend, if we all just do a little, working together we can accomplish a lot.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

Glad to help out and thank you for being there for Steve and his family.
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:31 PM   #6
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Thank you, Greg. Steve and Holly remain in our prayers.
markem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #7
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about

Thank you sir. Sometimes money feels empty in these situations, but everything helps.
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #8
G G
BR549

Bolivar

In the spirit of accountability I wanted to update. We have raised a little over $900 so far. I know that several members here also gave to the gofundme for more than $1000. I personally thank each one that has given.

This has been said many times before but I will say it again. CA is so much more than just a discussion board, it really is a family. I have been touched so many times by things that have been said and done here over the years, I don’t ever want to to take it for granted. Pulling together makes our little bit so much more and I am thankful for all of you being there for Steve and his family in his time of loss.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:42 PM   #9
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Just donated... God bless Steve and grant Holly peace. Thank you, Greg.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #10
G G
BR549

Bolivar

I want to say again how thankful I am for all the donations so far. It means a lot to me for us all to be able to help a brother and his family in a rough time.

I just talked to Steve and told him that I am coming to Jax today and I wanted to get with him and bring him $850 more from donations received since Friday. That makes the total so far $1200. In talking to Steve he wanted to me to post and tell everyone that he isn’t online much and probably won’t be in the days to come, but he wanted me to let yall know that this money we have given makes it possible for him to pay off a couple bills that in turn will allow him to focus on more important things. He said to let yall know how much he appreciates this, and is thinking about his CA family.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #11
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
I want to say again how thankful I am for all the donations so far. It means a lot to me for us all to be able to help a brother and his family in a rough time.

I just talked to Steve and told him that I am coming to Jax today and I wanted to get with him and bring him $850 more from donations received since Friday. That makes the total so far $1200. In talking to Steve he wanted to me to post and tell everyone that he isn’t online much and probably won’t be in the days to come, but he wanted me to let yall know that this money we have given makes it possible for him to pay off a couple bills that in turn will allow him to focus on more important things. He said to let yall know how much he appreciates this, and is thinking about his CA family.
That's just awesome and the entire point, glad a few of the worries are off his plate so he can be there for the important stuff like his daughter.

What a great group of people here.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #12
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Just donated. So sad. Thank you, Greg.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #13
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Was getting errors on the GoFundMe Page. Said to try again later.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #14
G G
BR549

Bolivar

I miscalculated yesterday as I had two more donations come in before I went to see Steve. Was able to give him $1075 yesterday for a total of $1425. Talked to a brother this morning that is sending a donation to me in the mail. Thanks for donating, and I am personally thankful that you guys allowed and trusted me with your donations. CA has stepped up over the years to help in many different situations and circumstances yet I am always amazed at the generosity and love that we see here on a regular basis.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #15
AdamJoshua

Quote:
I miscalculated yesterday as I had two more donations come in before I went to see Steve. Was able to give him $1075 yesterday for a total of $1425. Talked to a brother this morning that is sending a donation to me in the mail. Thanks for donating, and I am personally thankful that you guys allowed and trusted me with your donations. CA has stepped up over the years to help in many different situations and circumstances yet I am always amazed at the generosity and love that we see here on a regular basis.
I was a little hesitant to raise the idea at first not sure about that type of thing here but glad it's helping steve and his daughter so much, genuinely a great bunch of guys here.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #16
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I was a little hesitant to raise the idea at first not sure about that type of thing here but glad it's helping steve and his daughter so much, genuinely a great bunch of guys here.
Me too Adam for sure, but I believe it was the right thing to do and glad everyone is gracious and giving.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #17
G G
BR549

Bolivar

I have $200 more for Steve I will get to him soon. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #18
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Abbi and I cannot begin to express our amazement and gratitude that you guys and gals have shown to our family! From the bottom of our hearts, please accept our thanks! Holly was always amazed at the generosity of the brothers/sisters of the leaf. It blessed her so much to see the members of this board taking care of one another.

Your donation will help us pay off 2, and possibly a 3rd medical bill that we have been working to pay off for a couple of years, and that is such a burden lifted from our shoulders.

I'm sorry that it took this long to post this, but again, our deepest thanks!