Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #41
secretsquirrel
Yeah so

First Name: m
Trading: (12)
secretsquirrel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any advice on buying land?

Well my guess was wrong there no fast way for me to get to liberty. 1hr 3 mins. Dead end roads are the best.
secretsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #42
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

Nice, buddy.
Patrick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #43
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about

Looks like some nice bow hunting land.
My question is, since you live out of state but own land in another state, would you have to pay out of state hunting,fishing license.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:50 AM   #44
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyD View Post
Looks like some nice bow hunting land.
My question is, since you live out of state but own land in another state, would you have to pay out of state hunting,fishing license.
I don't believe so. I am having my cop buddy check around, but he said that if we own the land we don't need licenses. Me, my dad, and my brother will all have our names on the deed to the land
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #45
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I don't believe so. I am having my cop buddy check around, but he said that if we own the land we don't need licenses. Me, my dad, and my brother will all have our names on the deed to the land
That is correct.

Don't know the soil quality that you have, but cash renting in my neck of the woods for the land I sold almost 2 years ago is in the $250/acre range. Be wary of going strictly a percentage of profit deals.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #46
waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about

Dan,

I can tell you that one of my friends got a group together for hunting rights on some property a few years ago and paid the old man that owned 10 acres of woods about $2000/yr to hunt it... granted there were 10 of them so it only cost each of them $200, but you might try and put out some feelers if people would be willing to buy hunting rights off you.
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #47
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Dan,

I can tell you that one of my friends got a group together for hunting rights on some property a few years ago and paid the old man that owned 10 acres of woods about $2000/yr to hunt it... granted there were 10 of them so it only cost each of them $200, but you might try and put out some feelers if people would be willing to buy hunting rights off you.
That is a good idea. I wonder what types of waivers I would have to draft up to waive me of any liability in case they get stupid and shoot one another.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #48
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
That is a good idea. I wonder what types of waivers I would have to draft up to waive me of any liability in case they get stupid and shoot one another.
If your family is serious about renting for hunting or farming, I would hire a lawyer to look over your agreement/lease. Its going to cost you upwards of $500 minimum, but it could save you many headaches in the future.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #49
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
If your family is serious about renting for hunting or farming, I would hire a lawyer to look over your agreement/lease. Its going to cost you upwards of $500 minimum, but it could save you many headaches in the future.
Good point. Any use lease be it hunting or farming should be reviewed or even drafted by a lawyer. You do not want a lawsuit on your hands.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #50
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about

A BOTL had a great idea with his flat land piece on asking a farmer if he wanted to plant something that gets harvested twice and he can cut it once and let the owner of land have the 2nd crop uncut to lure deer in. Thought that may be a good idea since you had some flat land and may want to lure/use some of that land with neighbors
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #51
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

My cousin sent me a text this morning stating that there were 7 turkey in the field. She took a video for us. Man, I can't wait for turkey season.

Here is a pic of the land b/c I edited the one I originally posted: