Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough
Default Para Japon

I'm not really good at picking out flavors besides coffee and chocolate yet so this review might be pretty bad, but here goes.

smoked the PJ with some Apple Pie in a jar that my brother sent me. construction was very good with a great feel in the hand. The pre-light draw was pretty easy with a little resistance. It had some great tobacco and light coffee flavors to it.

Upon first lighting the smoke the flavors were a very mellow tobacco and some weird spice flavor I couldn't place. The first 2/3 of the cigar didn't really change much but the smoke was creamy and smooth. very enjoyable. The ash was a light grey with some darker streaks thrown in there.

Towards the final third, the cigar started to get pretty bitter and I contemplated putting it out but figured I would keep smoking to see if the bitterness would go away. My patience payed off as the bitterness turned into an amazing dark chocolate flavor with some sweet and peppery undertones. It became so good that I had to bring out the nub holder.

Over all I would say that I thoroughly enjoyed the cigar and can't wait until I can get my hands on some more. Thanks to G (Zeuceone) for this amazing cigar. I will definitely start saving up to buy a box of these sometime in the future.
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default Re: Para Japon

Thanks for the review Earl, I smoked one yesterday and found it similar to what you experienced
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Para Japon

I'm glad my first public review was on par with what others have experienced. I'm also glad that my first public review was on the Para Japon. I really love this cigar. For being a pretty quick release cigar(from what I gather, I could be wrong though. If that's not the case, please educate me.) I would say that it's a really good one. If I new anything about the rating system I would probably give this cigar a rating of somewhere between an 88-92. I really hope I can talk my wife into letting me buy a box of these cigars.

EDIT: If anyone out there wants to trade for or sell some more Para Japons PLEASE PM ME!!!!!!!!! I love these cigars.

Last edited by Fordman4ever; 07-25-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote