Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #3341
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Photography Thread

Daughter and her boyfriend before Homecoming

Infrared-1468.jpg by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
Old 11-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #3342
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Playing around with the 50mm and a new box

Cigars by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
Old 11-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #3343
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Jeff
emopunker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #3344
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #3345
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
Why have 2 of the same camera? You mentioned buying another d700.
I am an idiot. Well, an idiot who takes a ton of photos. I like having spares of cameras I like,
since they all use the same battery.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #3346
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #3347
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Why have 2 of the same camera? You mentioned buying another d700.
A more concise answer is that I started backwards.....I knew I wanted a D700 a long time ago,
but it was too pricey. I bought a D70 and a D100. I traded for a D100 with some cigars
from my end. I saw a number of D200s with defects I did not consider to be deal-breakers,
and bought every one cheaper than I feel was a fair price. Before you know it, I had jumped on so
many markdowns that I have a full closet of old Nikons....why? Wanna buy one? Cause I will make you
a hell of a deal.

Like I told Shark earlier, NOT A SINGLE ONE of my cameras is incapable of taking a great photo.
But you can ask Shark, having a capable camera on hand is not always quite enough to deter
the demons of our own minds. You want newer, better, more low-light capability, the ability
to use legacy lenses. One by one factors come in to play that force you to look at something higher
up the food chain. But if you just wanted to take photos for pleasure, and not for sale as prints,
any camera will do you right. The deal with multiples, on my end, was that all of my cameras can utilize
the same batteries. Why not pick up a cheap D200 when you see it? I bought a D90 that had a flash
that would not stay locked and seated. Gaffer's tape.....saved $150, gave it to my sister.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #3348
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

I could have had more awesome dinosaur remains pics here, but at the time I thought that the flash on my D90 was malfunctioning, so I went home. I get to looking the camera over later that day, and realized that the flash thingy was being obstructed from opening all of the way because of the BASEBALL CAP that I was wearing at the time! The flash unit was hitting the visor of my cap so of course it wouldn't fire if it wasn't opening all of the way....
Old 11-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #3349
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
I could have had more awesome dinosaur remains pics here, but at the time I thought that the flash on my D90 was malfunctioning, so I went home. I get to looking the camera over later that day, and realized that the flash thingy was being obstructed from opening all of the way because of the BASEBALL CAP that I was wearing at the time! The flash unit was hitting the visor of my cap so of course it wouldn't fire if it wasn't opening all of the way....

Old 11-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #3350
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

OLS, any chance you have a Canon 60D you would trade for a T4i plus some cash?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #3351
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
OLS, any chance you have a Canon 60D you would trade for a T4i plus some cash?
I don't believe in Canon.....sorry.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #3352
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

IMG_0883 by Devanmc, on Flickr
Old 11-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #3353
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

IMG_0626 by Devanmc, on Flickr
Old 11-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #3354
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

One of my favorites from last night

IMG_0888 by Devanmc, on Flickr
Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #3355
OLS
Suck It

I would say as long as you are able to come back with shots like this in that kind of light,
you don't need to keep looking for that elusive 'better camera'....that's a fine shot right there.
Take it from someone who shoots 400 shots like this a week, and rarely comes home with one that good.

Quote:
One of my favorites from last night

IMG_0888 by Devanmc, on Flickr
Old 11-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #3356
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I would say as long as you are able to come back with shots like this in that kind of light,
you don't need to keep looking for that elusive 'better camera'....that's a fine shot right there.
Take it from someone who shoots 400 shots like this a week, and rarely comes home with one that good.
Well thanks. It really is a dark place at night. info for that shot are 50mm lens, f/1.8, 1/80, ISO 800.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #3357
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Nice depth of field for the lens being wide open. How close were you to the subject?
Old 11-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #3358
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
A more concise answer is that I started backwards.....I knew I wanted a D700 a long time ago,
but it was too pricey. I bought a D70 and a D100. I traded for a D100 with some cigars
from my end. I saw a number of D200s with defects I did not consider to be deal-breakers,
and bought every one cheaper than I feel was a fair price. Before you know it, I had jumped on so
many markdowns that I have a full closet of old Nikons....why? Wanna buy one? Cause I will make you
a hell of a deal.

Like I told Shark earlier, NOT A SINGLE ONE of my cameras is incapable of taking a great photo.
But you can ask Shark, having a capable camera on hand is not always quite enough to deter
the demons of our own minds. You want newer, better, more low-light capability, the ability
to use legacy lenses. One by one factors come in to play that force you to look at something higher
up the food chain. But if you just wanted to take photos for pleasure, and not for sale as prints,
any camera will do you right. The deal with multiples, on my end, was that all of my cameras can utilize
the same batteries. Why not pick up a cheap D200 when you see it? I bought a D90 that had a flash
that would not stay locked and seated. Gaffer's tape.....saved $150, gave it to my sister.

Just a few nights ago I forgot the flash was up on my D90, and I stuffed it into my camera bag. Long story short, I got home, noticed that it was jammed up, so I gently put the flash thingy back into place....now the flash will not work AT ALL. SH*&!!!! Careless on my part, now I broke the damned flash. Even with the flash in the up position, the camera doesn't read that it's up, so it must be some kind of sensor or something.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #3359
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Nice depth of field for the lens being wide open. How close were you to the subject?
Uh just out of broom stick reach i think. So about 5-7ft-ish maybe.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #3360
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Didnt do much for shooting walking around town yesterday, but I like this one.

IMG_1211 by Devanmc, on Flickr