Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2015, 06:57 AM   #1981
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on for a while and it's another brisk day with the temps in the teens. It was good to see the NY Rangers bounce back with a win last night after having 2 losses in a row. They'll be taking on the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow afternoon with the puck being dropped at 12:30. Anyway, have a great day everyone and enjoy.......
Old 01-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #1982
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the Killer Beans are kickin' and it looks like we're gonna have a warmer but wet day here in the Hudson Valley. We have the NY Rangers on at 12:30 and then the two NFL conference game on at 1505 (3:05pm) and 1840 (6:40pm). Should be a good day of sports and I hope everyone enjoys them.......
Old 01-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #1983
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's MLK Day. Congrats to the NY Rangers for defeating the Pittsburgh Penguins, New York took the lead in the first 24 seconds and never looked back. NFL wise, the Packers / Sea Hawks game was wild. Congrats to Seattle for the win in overtime. The Patriots / Colts match up was a blow out definitely in favor of New England. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.....
Old 01-20-2015, 03:47 AM   #1984
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Tuesday. Enjoyed a nice relaxing day yesterday for the most of it with Beth. I did split some fire wood I had out back, always a good work-out and now I have room for some more cut logs. Anyway, hope everyone has a good day and enjoys........
Old 01-21-2015, 03:59 AM   #1985
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0430 as always and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the NY Rangers as they won in overtime 3 - 2 over the Ottawa Senators. 3 wins in a row and now they are off until the 27th as the All-Star break is upon us. Enjoy your day everyone and safe travels and try and stay warm........
Old 01-22-2015, 03:54 AM   #1986
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we had a light dusting of the white stuff last night. We did conduct an "Adverse Weather Conference Call" this morning here at West Point around 0500 and we came to an agreement of a Code "normal". Well, today being Thursday, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening smoking primo stogies and catching up on the world's news. Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or........
Old 01-23-2015, 03:26 AM   #1987
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's with a very packed house of S/BOTL hanging out. We have a storm rolling in tonight that should give us a few inches of the white stuff by tomorrow afternoon. Sports wise, we have the NFL Pro Bowl, the NHL All-Star game and the Rolex 24 at Daytona:

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...t-Daytona.aspx

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable one, smoke em' if you get the chance.......
Old 01-25-2015, 06:12 AM   #1988
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's good to see that it didn't snow last night. We had a good 7"+ yesterday and the are calling for another 7" to 15" starting tomorrow afternoon into Tuesday. Yesterday afternoon, a number of us met up at Hudson Valley Cigars and smoked some primo stogies and enjoyed tasty treats. The last 6 1/2 hours of the Rolex 24 is on now live on FoxSports1. Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........
Old 01-26-2015, 03:54 AM   #1989
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already Monday morning. We had a nice relaxing day yesterday, watched our God-daughter in a school play then later on enjoy a couple of cold ones at the Newburgh Brewery. Weather wise, the have now upgraded today's storm to a blizzard with snow possibly totaling 24". Be careful out there and enjoy your week.......
Old 01-28-2015, 03:52 AM   #1990
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". Well, the Blizzard of 2015 fizzled out for us here in the Hudson Valley to roughly 3" of snow and mild winds. I'm happy it did as the folks in Long Island, Conneticuit, Rhode Island and the rest of New England got the brunt of it. I see that the Rangers lost last night to the Islanders, let's bounce back fellas with a win now. Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys.......
Old 01-29-2015, 04:00 AM   #1991
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's a chilly morning out there with the temperature currently 1°F with a Wind Chill of -12°F:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...9#.VMoPXtbFmi5

The weather guessers are calling for a couple of inches of the white stuff this evening and then another little blast Sunday night into Monday. Today being Thursday, we will be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar enjoying a couple of tasty cigars and seeing how everyone is doing in the area. Hope all of you are doing good as well, pray for our S/BOTL in New England that got devastated by the recent storm and try and enjoy.......
Old 01-30-2015, 04:09 AM   #1992
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and we have a Code "Red" at West Point until 0900 as a result of the snow we received last night:

Snow Policy (Non-emergency positions)
"WEST POINT IS CODE RED UNTIL (stated time)." Employees should not report until the announcement time. Supervisors will excuse absences without charge to leave for all employees affected whether or not leave was previously approved. Employees who do not report for work by the announced time will be charged leave for the remainder of their absence if it was properly requested and approved.
http://www.westpoint.army.mil/pages/viewroads.aspx

We had a good time at Schlesinger's last night with a number of the regulars showing up. I see that the NY Rangers lost to the Montreal Canadians 1 - 0, it's time that they bounce back as that's 2 losses in a row. Sunday is the big game in Arizona, I'd love to see the Patriots get upset and loose the game after all the football deflation from the last game. Anyway, hope everyone has a good one and enjoys.......
Old 01-31-2015, 07:00 AM   #1993
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the Killer Beans are on and it's another blistery day here in the Hudson Valley. Shortly, I'm gonna head over to Hudson Valley Cigars to smoke a couple of primo stogies and bring a crock pot of Bavarian Sauerkraut and country ribs that Beth prepared for us. Every Saturday, we have tasty treats to enjoy and this one will sure be spot on. Sports wise, we have a number of NHL games on starting at 1300 (1pm) continuing on into the evening with the NY Rangers game on starting at 1900 (7pm). I hope everyone has a great day, stays warm and enjoys......
Old 02-02-2015, 04:17 AM   #1994
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's the day after Super Bowl. Congrats to the Patriots as the Seahawks gave that game away at the end. All I have to say is bring on the MLB and NASCAR and continue with the NHL. Weather wise, we have another 5" of snow predicted for today as it's still falling and it looks like a winter wonderland out there. West Point is "Code Red" and all the schools are closed in the area:

Snow Policy (Non-emergency positions)

"WEST POINT IS CODE RED ALL DAY." Only employees in emergency positions should report to work. Employees in non-emergency positions should not report to work until their next regularly scheduled workday.

http://www.westpoint.army.mil/pages/viewroads.aspx

Enjoy your week everyone and be careful if you have to drive in this adverse weather........
Old 02-03-2015, 03:51 AM   #1995
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Tuesday. Spent the majority of the day outdoors yesterday shoveling and cleaning up the driveway, walks, paths and back patio. Today, I'll be out with the roof rake and pulling the first 10 feet of snow off the top all around the house. Hope everyone is surviving and enjoys a favorite if they get the chance.......
Old 02-04-2015, 03:52 AM   #1996
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's "Hump Day". I checked out NOAA and they are calling for a couple of inches of snow starting tonight into tomorrow morning. That's not much at all after the blast we had this past weekend. They are calling for another good one coming this Sunday, more to follow. I'm planning on heading down to Delaware tomorrow afternoon and spending a couple of days with Jeremy, I'll update you all when I get back this weekend. Beth and I are stopping by the Newburgh Brewery for "Happy Hour" today and meet up with Sean from Big Guns BBQ for a couple of cold ones, it's always a good time there with Paul and the gang. Anyway, hope you all have a great day and enjoy it as well.......
Old 02-05-2015, 03:46 AM   #1997
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and kickin'. We had a good time yesterday at the Newburgh Brewery as the two new releases (bourbon brown ale and a black oyster stout) both tasted great. It was good to see the NY Rangers win last night, hope they keep it up. As I stated yesterday, I'll be heading down to see Jeremy for a couple of days which should be nice. Enjoy the rest of your week everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance.......
Old 02-08-2015, 06:06 AM   #1998
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's the calm before another storm that is rolling in today. I had a good time for the past couple of days with Jeremy and his wife Christen. He is actually doing well, chemo is over and now he moves onto the radiation treatment this week. Knock on wood, before we know it, he will be back to his ole' self and the tumor will be gone. I hope everyone has a good day and enjoys.......
Old 02-09-2015, 04:12 AM   #1999
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 and we have a Code "Red" at West Point until 1200 as a result of the snow, freezing rain and sleet. Well, I see that the NY Rangers lost in OT, hopefully they bounce back and get a win tomorrow night in Toronto. Enjoy your day everyone and be safe out there.......
Old 02-10-2015, 03:41 AM   #2000
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, and as always, the coffee is on. I know that New England got hit hard with snow again yesterday, but I'm actually starting to hate snow myself. I went out twice to shovel yesterday and I'll be going out again shortly to clean up the walkways and drive before I head out over the mountain to West Point. As I stated yesterday, the NY Rangers are on tonight starting at 1930 (7:30pm), hopefully they have a good game and come out over Toronto. Enjoy your day everyone and be safe out there........