Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 AM   #21
Barcode
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tom
Trading: (16)
RyJ Navy (Served With Honor)
Barcode will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Disrespectful" Version of National Anthem

There is NOTHING Wrong with the way she sang that.
Barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #22
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that she took all the time and effort to take it to heart and make it as beautiful as she humanly could is testament to her respect. It happens day in and day out all over, I've heard hundreds of versions over the years played at ball games and so forth.
I'm very proud of her. The fact that she's left hurt after her effort just makes me sad. Unfortunately people can be real assholes when they put their mind to it.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #23
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

While I am a fan of a more traditional Anthem, (I occasionally sing along, and this allows my awful voice to blend in and not sound so bad. I like to know where the notes and tempo are going.) she did a fine job. She obviously put a lot of work into practicing for her performance, and she actually got all the words right. (Something I have had the misfortune of hearing butchered many times.)
What is disrespectful, and what I do react to, is people not removing their hats, talking incessantly, and disrespecting others who would like to show their respect for their nation, their Armed Forces, and the dead by distracting from the experience.
More than a few times, I have barked at and individual or groups of people in a parking lot or in a bleacher.
It is my way, unfortunately, as tactless as it may be.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #24
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

No issues from me...she did an OUTSTANDING job. Beautiful voice!!

School administration in Bloomington.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #25
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Great job and kudos to her. I have heard lots of versions where folks used a lot more "embellishment" than she did and no one was complaining.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #26
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Nothing offensive IMHO. A little different, but nicely sung (or is it sang?).
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #27
canadianbeaver
canadianbeaver

First Name: Lisa
Trading: (0)
RA
canadianbeaver is on a distinguished road

What the heck? A beautiful singer! She had a thing about reaching low notes so she went a different route a bit. So what? If she was my daughter I would be very proud of her.

CB
Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #28
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Where's the disrespect? She did a great job. I'd like to see the school officials try to do a better job.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #29
mpd340

Really good voice and I didn't feel it was disrespectful at all. I've heard celebrities do alot worse and feel that some of their versions could be considered disrespectful.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #30
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
While I am a fan of a more traditional Anthem, (I occasionally sing along, and this allows my awful voice to blend in and not sound so bad. I like to know where the notes and tempo are going.) she did a fine job. She obviously put a lot of work into practicing for her performance, and she actually got all the words right. (Something I have had the misfortune of hearing butchered many times.)
What is disrespectful, and what I do react to, is people not removing their hats, talking incessantly, and disrespecting others who would like to show their respect for their nation, their Armed Forces, and the dead by distracting from the experience.
More than a few times, I have barked at and individual or groups of people in a parking lot or in a bleacher.
It is my way, unfortunately, as tactless as it may be.
Sometimes, ice from my drink accidentally falls out of my hand and lands on the heads of these idiots.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #31
Darrell

The people complaining are just being racist assholes. Leave her the **** alone, she is a 16 year old girl and it takes a lot for someone to get in front of a crowd and talk, let alone sing the National Anthem. I think she did a fine job and I would be honored to have her sing at a function I attended.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #32
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
I know where to send it.

Either post or PM then if you would.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #33
Knip23
Keep It Simple

First Name: Destrey
Trading: (10)
HUpmann Army (Active)
Knip23 is on a distinguished road

Not to bad, i didnt think it was disrespectful at all, every pop star and jessabell do it. So why can a High School girl do it?

Some people are just stupid.