Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #4621
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Ur right, tl;dr. Read the first sentence
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #4622
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
SORTA. What nobody seems to be talking about is what happens AFTER. Economically speaking, we have to look at the rate over time, not a one month sample. All that money that has been pouring into dealers wasn't "free". We created "sales" in the last month, LOTS AND LOTS of sales... but no new WEALTH. If the net balance of wealth is the same, then all you've done is shift the timing around a bit. I can tell you I'll give you $10 a month or $120 a year, it's the same amount of sales over time. (and yes, that's ignoring interest, which most small businesses are not earning).

So where did most of the money come from?
** It was money that people had set aside for a future firearm purpose (now that the purchase has occurred, the future one will likely not happen)
** It was money that people set aside to buy a new TV, or something like that. They spent it on guns instead, but economically speaking, it's a net wash.
** It was money somebody did not have to spend, they racked up a CC bill which will have to be paid off later.
~~Which means they may sell that gear at a loss (not good for them, and cheap gear they're selling means gear someone else will buy cheap from them and thus NOT buy from a dealer, eliminating future sales).
~~ OR they tighten up the belt and don't make other household purchases in order to pay for the gun. (net wash)
In the meantime, dealers may have a giant pile of cash right now, but they know that sales in a few months are going to be almost nothing, as the CC bills come due and people realize they no longer have any money for these kinds of purchases. Furthermore, because the dealer can't get restocked well, they will miss out on sales from impulse buyers who can' find what they want, or regular buyers who choose to wait until next year to buy when what they want is available.

So in the meantime, dealers will have to run a very slim operation over the next 6 months, which will mean job losses from some. If Midway had 100 employees before this mess, they probably have 150 now... but in 3 months, that number might be down to only 75 unless they see the potential for sales to start recovering.

The one area of the economy which has a net increase, for now, is the manufacturing industry. Magpul is going to be cranking at full capacity for months, maybe the next year. So their year looks rosy. They'll probably hire the same number of folks that Midway has to fire. But what then? after two years, what are their pmag sales going to look like? everyone that wanted one, got one, or 10, or 50. The ones that got 50 are maybe looking at their stuff and saying "ehh, maybe I only needed 15 of these..." and then selling the extra 35. That cuts into magpul's sales.

Magpul will still come out ahead - there is all the first-time AR buyers that went out and got some, there's all the folks that used to have 5 mags, now they went out and purchased and extra 10, so now they have 15... on a normal day they would have been happy with 5... and they're not going to sell when they have less than 15, so that 10 mag sale did create a net gain in the industry. But overall, the gains will not be as dramatic as I think many people envision...

In a nutshell, this could only be counted as a significant stimulus if the dealers were restocked to normal next month, and sales continued at normal "July" levels. THEN everything from this last month of insanity would be a bonus. but as it stands, if you look back at the numbers a year from now, you'll find that the 12 or 18 month average holds fairly steady, with only a moderate increase in overall sales from the folks that decided they wanted to have 10-15 mags in stock instead of 5, or the first time buyers, but many of those purchases will be offset in the overall economy by a different product they DON'T purchase, a vacation not taken, a house project not built, etc.

Hopefully some of that rambling made sense.....
I'm sure most people are using the 'ol credit card anyways......Hoping to make a quick buck and "Pay off the debt" when there rich and famous...
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #4623
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Well, in my case, credit card charges and will skimp on what I can and pay off as soon as I can but at least it is sitting in my safe and I get to say hi to it daily.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #4624
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Well, in my case, credit card charges and will skimp on what I can and pay off as soon as I can but at least it is sitting in my safe and I get to say hi to it daily.
Can never underestimate the pleasure gained from giving it a daily hello
Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #4625
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

lancer and troy mags in stock limit 2. primaryarms.com site is touch and go right now, sure it's getting hammered
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #4626
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

nevermind, its gone
Old 01-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #4627
Drez
The Warden

Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Forgot I picked up this beauty a couple weeks ago.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #4628
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Firgot?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #4629
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

nice
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #4630
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough

I ran back to the gun shop and grabbed the CM9 while i could get it for under $400 still. Now i just have to wait on the PJ holster. Pictures to come.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #4631
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by big a View Post
I ran back to the gun shop and grabbed the CM9 while i could get it for under $400 still. Now i just have to wait on the PJ holster. Pictures to come.
Paul is running way behind.
I just hit four weeks and nothing yet.
In the past, they would ship within two to three weeks.
Seems everyone is slammed.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #4632
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

My oh my... how did I miss seeing this thing of beauty before?

Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #4633
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Finally, a gun related short that I wouldn't mind wearing anywhere
It's a little pricey at $25 for a t-shirt... but it is nice.
black:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AVJ3ZIE5QQJ59
grey/brown
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AVJ3ZIE5QQJ59
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #4634
Steelerfanatic
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
RA Navy (Served With Honor)
Steelerfanatic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
Forgot I picked up this beauty a couple weeks ago.

Is that the Hellfire Sport? If so I just ordered one.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #4635
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

We were trying to get a jump on those umbrella lowers since before all the craze. And even then it was a pain in the butt to get them.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #4636
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
We were trying to get a jump on those umbrella lowers since before all the craze. And even then it was a pain in the butt to get them.
I'd never heard of them.. but I'm loving the looks.... now to get my hands on one....
Old 01-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #4637
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Badass. Suppose you could get a Milla Jovovich relief cut in too?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #4638
Drez
The Warden

Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfanatic View Post
Is that the Hellfire Sport? If so I just ordered one.
It's a wasr with tapco stock set, trigger and muzzle break.

Buddy at one of the police stores/ gun shops gave me the last one they had for decent price.

I want that umbrella lower!!!!

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #4639
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:

Those were a limited edition run and pricey
Old 01-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #4640
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
It's a wasr with tapco stock set, trigger and muzzle break.

Buddy at one of the police stores/ gun shops gave me the last one they had for decent price.

I want that umbrella lower!!!!
I want to do my wasr in the od green tapco
Closed Thread