Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #21
MUNKY
Resident Pig Hunter

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (19)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
MUNKY will become famous soon enoughMUNKY will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nica Rustica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
I hate to be the humbug of the group... but why the f are you asking other people whether or not you should try a cigar? Everyone's tastes are different. Please, for the love of Zino... try it for yourself and decide if YOU like it.
I wouldn't spend 142.50 without some input from others...just sayin
Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #22
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I hate to be the humbug of the group... but why the f are you asking other people whether or not you should try a cigar? Everyone's tastes are different. Please, for the love of Zino... try it for yourself and decide if YOU like it.
That might be your policy on deciding on whether or not to try a new cigar, but clearly some members value the opinions of others enough to go along with their suggestion or experience. He asked for an opinion, and members shared their experience, not whether he should buy it or not. . Coming into an opinion based thread and saying you should try it yourself is kind of pointless if you ask me...that would be like me going into the Maduro Thread and saying "maduros suck" (not that I'd ever say that mind you)

Last edited by RobR1205; 12-04-2013 at 10:05 PM.
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #23
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Wasn't trying to start anything here. Just opinions. Jeremy you are kind of right. I almost never buy a box without smoking at least 1. But these seem to be HTF at the moment because of the Liga hype, I guess. So I wanted to get some opinions. After hearing some I went with a 10pack. But just recently, I bought a box of Jason Tats, without tasting, just because they are so HTF. But before they were even in my Humi, I threw 5 up for sale at my cost to ease the blow. This just seemed cheap enough for a box of 25 that if the concensus was great stick great deal go for it, I probably would have. So in this opinion thread everyone is correct. And thank you all for the input.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 AM   #24
bighairlogo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (34)
RA
bighairlogo will become famous soon enoughbighairlogo will become famous soon enough

Nothing wrong with asking for opinions on a cigar

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
bighairlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #25
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighairlogo View Post
Nothing wrong with asking for opinions on a cigar
+1. If no one asked questions, this board wouldn't have as much activity.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #26
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Didnt mean to come off as a jerk. Now i see that is exactly how that post sounded. I guess the better way to have said what i was trying to say is each cigar strikes everyone differently and i get that question asked to me 100 times a day. "Well, whats YOUR favorite cigar? Or do YOU like this one?" My answer is always, whichever one im currently smoking.

I always try to be nice to those around here because so many around here have been so nice to me. I apologize if i offended. I can get my hands on some nicas for you to sample. Shoot me your addy.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #27
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Didnt mean to come off as a jerk. Now i see that is exactly how that post sounded.
All good brother! Sorry if I sounded like one, too!
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #28
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

As I said Jeremy. I was asking for opinions and you gave yours like others gave theirs. I can be pretty blunt and I tell people if you ask for my opinion you might not like it. I took no offense and I hope others didn't either. As someone said, opinions and discussions drive this board to be such a great place.

Thank you for all of your opinions.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #29
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
As I said Jeremy. I was asking for opinions and you gave yours like others gave theirs. I can be pretty blunt and I tell people if you ask for my opinion you might not like it. I took no offense and I hope others didn't either. As someone said, opinions and discussions drive this board to be such a great place.

Thank you for all of your opinions.
...and if you're still looking for the NC Mike, they appear to be available here as a 5er:

http://tobaccogrove.com/index.cfm/nica-rustica
Old 12-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
...and if you're still looking for the NC Mike, they appear to be available here as a 5er:

http://tobaccogrove.com/index.cfm/nica-rustica
Says it's sold out. ;(

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #31
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Bad website management! They need to "neuter" the purchase icon to reflect "sold out" in the future
Old 12-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #32
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

I got an email on these today. Don't know if they be still available, but you can check em out here:

http://www.jackschwartz.com/s.1163/n...ca-cigars.aspx
Old 12-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #33
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar

Thank you Mark. I grabbed some at the B&M. Smoked one thought it was good.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #34
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I've now had a handful and I just can't get myself to enjoy them. I was really hoping they would be in my wheelhouse but no dice.