kickerb

Default Re: Foie Gras

I'll pass.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #42
Doctorossi
Have My Own Room

Trading: (8)
Punch
Doctorossi will become famous soon enoughDoctorossi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post

I'll pass.

I like my organ meat British. Steak and kidney pie, FTW!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #43
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

=

or maybe...

or, if you are feeling special, possibly even

Any questions?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #44
kickerb

ugh, yeah people partaking in chugging beer is by choice. Not sure i understand your point at all.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #45
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
Thought I would revive another "blast from the past" thread as I will be dining on some delicious Foie Gras this weekend in celebration of our newly purchased home.

And I don't know if I mentioned it, but earlier in the year when my wife and I were in Vegas we ate at Mario Batali's CarneVino restaurant. I dined on sweetbreads and Foie and various other types of offal to my heart's content. It was epic!

Sounds like an amazing dining experience Tyr. I LOVE Foie gras. It would be on my last meal menu for sure.

I saw some earlier sources posted, but has anyone bought foie online recently from any good sources? I'd love to try searing some for myself at home.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #46
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
ugh, yeah people partaking in chugging beer is by choice. Not sure i understand your point at all.
I will assume you are a vegetarian.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #47
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

they don't feed the birds till their stomachs explode..how would that be beneficial in fattening up the liver?

this started naturally when ducks would overeat for a coming winter, amazing how people believe everything they hear

how bout you watch this before you judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABeWl...mbedded#at=239

Last edited by goalie204; 08-11-2011 at 12:31 PM.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #48
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
I will assume you are a vegetarian.
You assume wrong
Old 08-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #49
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
they don't feed the birds till their stomachs explode..how would that be beneficial in fattening up the liver?

this started naturally when ducks would overeat for a coming winter, amazing how people believe everything they hear

how bout you watch this before you judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABeWl...mbedded#at=239
Well I have tons to say based on this, but I really don't want this thread to get out of hand and get away from topic.

I will say this though, one video, from one farm, does not set the tone for EVERY farm that produces this. Furthermore, I don't care what kind of species -sticking a metal tube close to a foot down the throat can not be pleasant by any means.

An for the sake of what? Something that tastes good and costs a lot? Give me a break.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #50
kickerb

It's okay that I'm not a fan of this. I am allowed opinion, as are you.

The best way for me to show my disapproval is to not purchase and eat Foie Gras.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #51
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well I have tons to say based on this, but I really don't want this thread to get out of hand and get away from topic.

I will say this though, one video, from one farm, does not set the tone for EVERY farm that produces this. Furthermore, I don't care what kind of species -sticking a metal tube close to a foot down the throat can not be pleasant by any means.

An for the sake of what? Something that tastes good and costs a lot? Give me a break.
the birds air pipe opens in the centre of their tongue, not their throat, when you put the tube down their throat, the tongue is out past that tube, they can have it their for hours and they can still breathe, and ducks have a tough lining in their throat so it doesn't hurt apparently!

How would you now whats pleasant and not pleasant for an animal thats got like a 2 foot long throat ? You have no idea, and i trust the doctor in that video more than your opinion based on nothing but emotion.

edit: also i found a post by someone who said their mother was back in france and asked a farmer if it hurts the ducks, and his answer was "i doubt it, they line up for it and seem to look forward to it"

edit2: sadly, inhumane treatment of animals is the norm, but the video i linked clearly there is no inhumane treatment
Old 08-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #52
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
How would you now whats pleasant and not pleasant for an animal thats got like a 2 foot long throat ? You have no idea, and i trust the doctor in that video more than your opinion based on nothing but emotion.
Exactly, no one could possible know, not even that doctor. It may hurt, it may not.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #53
ChicagoWhiteSox

Different strokes for different folks. Move on. This thread was not started to debate the issue of force feading
Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #54
mmblz

Trading: (3)
Partagas
mmblz has disabled reputation

Quote:
The best way for me to show my disapproval is to not purchase and eat Foie Gras.
You could have also not read this thread, or not replied in it... But it's too late for that....
Old 08-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #55
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

i want some foie gras, fried in duck fat, haven't had that in a long time

NOM NOM !

For the Foie lovers...a little food ****.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #56
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblz View Post
You could have also not read this thread, or not replied in it... But it's too late for that....
Agreed, but you don't have to be smug about it.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #57
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
but he doesn't...NOT have to be...
Old 08-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #58
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Since this is my thread I will respond to you directly. While I appreciate and respect your opinion not to eat Foie Gras it is unnecessary to come into the thread and post pictures and start a debate about the merits of force feeding. This is akin to a non-smoker walking up to us cigar smokers and starting in on a rant about why we should not be smoking cigars and how unhealthy it is for us. I know I don't appreciate when people do that and I'm sure you feel the same way when smoking a cigar.

I am an animal lover. Our house is like a zoo most of the time, we have a multitude of animals. However, if your concern for the welfare of animals used for meat in America prohibits you from eating Foie.... I would also suggest skipping all meat commercially available in supermarkets. One trip to farms and slaughterhouses can prove this point.

Thanks
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #59
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
Since this is my thread I will respond to you directly. While I appreciate and respect your opinion not to eat Foie Gras it is unnecessary to come into the thread and post pictures and start a debate about the merits of force feeding. This is akin to a non-smoker walking up to us cigar smokers and starting in on a rant about why we should not be smoking cigars and how unhealthy it is for us. I know I don't appreciate when people do that and I'm sure you feel the same way when smoking a cigar.
Understood, my apologies.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #60
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Sounds like an amazing dining experience Tyr. I LOVE Foie gras. It would be on my last meal menu for sure.

I saw some earlier sources posted, but has anyone bought foie online recently from any good sources? I'd love to try searing some for myself at home.
I haven't bought any online in the last year or so. If you find a good source let me know, I'm dying for some at home as well
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote