Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default AB Harvest Selection '97 Habano

I'm finding that the more of these reviews I do, I can tell how much I like a cigar by the amount of notes I take. One that I like can fill up a page on my notebook. This particular cigar barely manages a paragraph.

The construction on this is flawless, the color is beautiful. Pre-light draw is fairly easy. It has a nice band on it, as well as a band on the foot.

Now I usually break the smokes down into 3rds, but the flavor profile of this one remained the same from start to finish. I got a very light earthiness, with faint spice every now and again. The best flavor was that of the wrapper on my lips, a nice leathery taste.

As you can see in the pic, there were slight burn issues and they also remained from start to finish. I did have to touch it up once.

Even with the burn issues, it did produce a nice long ash. The cigar was very mellow, and it soothed me to the point of wanting to fall asleep ! Not a lot of smoke off this cigar.

I won't say this was a bad smoke, as I didn't feel the need to toss it, but I guess I was expecting more from such a great looking cigar. Perhaps down the road I may try one again.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
dannysguitar
Feeling at Home

First Name: Danny
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
dannysguitar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AB Harvest Selection '97 Habano

Hmm, I like the regular line and have been curious about the Habano.

Thanks for the review!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Thanks for the review, looking forward to trying this smoke. It looks nice and dark!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
Uflbassin

Thanks! I have one of the regulars in my humi yet to be smoked, looking forward to it.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Nice review. Had one Sunday, pretty much the same conclusion as you. I like the Tempus a lot. This smoke was smokeable, but I have no urge to smoke another.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote