Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default Reyes Family Premier Corona

It was a rough day at work today, so I'm enjoying my second smoke of the afternoon. This is a cigar my wife bought me when I first started smoking about 3 months ago. It's been in the humi since then.

First impressions of this cigar is that of a leopard. It has several dark spots on it, kinda like a bad tint job. The wrapper has a few flaws, one was where it was torn while cutting it, but they just glued it down as is. The cap looks like it was put on by a blind man, although it held for the entire smoke. Pre-light draw was very tight so I made an X cut with my v-cutter.

This cigar starts out with a mild earthy flavor. The burn was uneven and remained that way for the duration. I did have to touch it up about 1/2 way through. Towards the end of the first 3rd I got a slight hint of cinnamon through a nasal exhale. The draw remained very tight so I had to break out my specialized cigar poking tool (yup, it's a screwdriver).

As I got through the second third, the uneven burn got much worse. I had to take my cigar poking tool to it a few more times as well. The flavor did change to a very faint pepper, then to a basic tobacco flavor.

As I hit the home stretch, not much changed. The draw, uneven burn and basic tobacco flavor remained. I spent an hour and 15 minutes on this cigar, when I probably could have mowed the lawn instead. I'll tell my wife I loved it though, but remind her that I like to try new things.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reyes Family Premier Corona

Nice treatment.

Careful about telling her you loved it. That can backfire BAD.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Very good review.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the review. Doesn't make me want to buy one.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
roughrider
Feeling at Home

Trading: (24)
roughrider is on a distinguished road

I got a few in the humi. Thanks for the review.
roughrider is offline   Reply With Quote