Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #541
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

[quote=Ahbroody;1525470]Omg. Friggin phone deleted.
Mike never said Homer doesn't get mugged. He does, but as even my kid knows when you stand there you are going to get sticked, tipped, and hit from behind. You want to stand there its the price. Always has been and I hope it always is. No one should get to stand there and not pay the price.
[quote]

I disagree. You should pay a price, but not the kind that is blatantly a penalty and is never called. A crosscheck is a crosscheck. Does it matter where a guy is standing when he gets crosschecked? Is it Homer's fault the D-man isn't big enough or skilled enough to move him without breaking the rules?

Should NBA centers treat the paint the same way and just undercut everyone who drives the lane? Sure it's a foul, but we decided we're just gonig to play it that way?

Maybe they should be able to high-stick, spear, punch, or kick the guy in front too.

I just don't buy it.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #542
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

SJ Mike....I don't like Jaws. Stop saying that!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #543
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Speaking of messes. The Pens have the most man games lost it appears this season. Big injury after big injury
Brutal. We have tickets for the final game vs Philadelphia, I just hope the Pens still have a team by then!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #544
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Tom how about air jaws
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...8f9303440d84db

Mike we will agree to disagree on this. As for your NBA analogy I can't follow you. The sports are very different. I am on the side of tradition on this. Its excepted its what happens. Not sure why you added punched. Net campers get punched in the scrum and after whistles all the time. I think your being a Wings fan and having Homer who is likely one of the best ever at playing that spot is effecting your view. If the Sharks had a player like Homer I would expect it. It takes a specific kind of guy who can stand there in the face of slapshots and crosschecks punches and trips sticks to the ribs etc. I think Homer is one tough mother.

Funny my son loves pissing off the goalie and knows he's going to get knocked around but keeps going back. His goalie even hacked at him in a scrim one time.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #545
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Tom how about air jaws
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...8f9303440d84db

Mike we will agree to disagree on this. ....

Funny my son loves pissing off the goalie and knows he's going to get knocked around but keeps going back. His goalie even hacked at him in a scrim one time.
I understand where you're coming from.

Now that's funny. I hope he gave it back.

I guess I'll never forget Dino Ciccarelli getting lifted off his skates by Patty Roy's goalstick jamming him in the nuts, simply because he was screening (legally I might add).

I can't find a video of the incident, but it was similar to the many times in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYJ0TfA_pNY
Old 01-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #546
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

5 games for Marchand. Hope Salo is OK.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #547
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Five is to much..Vancouver from top management down are pond scum.
It was great to see Julien call out Vigneault for all his whining and bad mouthing.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #548
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Panthers beat the Canucks!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #549
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Panthers beat the Canucks!!!
That was sweet.

Hawks play the BJs tonight, BJs first game for a new coach...that makes me nervous.

I think 5 games was just right for Marchand, and also agree that most of the Canucks, and their coach, are pond scum.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #550
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I understand where you're coming from.

Now that's funny. I hope he gave it back.

I guess I'll never forget Dino Ciccarelli getting lifted off his skates by Patty Roy's goalstick jamming him in the nuts, simply because he was screening (legally I might add).

I can't find a video of the incident, but it was similar to the many times in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYJ0TfA_pNY
Before or after he went to get the paper at home and forgot his pants?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #551
Wanger

...and obviously, I'm very disappointed at the fall the Wild have had over the last month. But they've got a lot of young guys and some talented draftees that should be able to make BIG impacts over the next few years when they finally sign and start wearing the sweater.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #552
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Stunned Sharks got a point. Nemo was horrible in net. New they would fail in shootout. Atleast they got a point
Old 01-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #553
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Quote:
Stunned Sharks got a point. Nemo was horrible in net. New they would fail in shootout. Atleast they got a point

Agreed. Niemi looked "off" from the drop of the puck. Must have been 5+ shots that hit him, dropped to the ice and just sat there at his knees, and he had no idea where it was.
Played too deep in the net too. Not like him, he usually challenges more. He just left too many angles open.
Glad to see Thorton and Marleau clickin'.
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #554
Wanger

Well...I'm glad the Sharks didn't get 2 pts out of it.

Didn't watch the game, though...the Wolves game was on.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #555
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #556
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Watching on DVR....nice first for the Avs. Even better to see Mueller out there.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #557
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Ugh....least they got a point....
Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #558
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Hawks back on top of the Central...well, until Satuday at least. Hawks - Wings at The Joe!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #559
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Hawks back on top of the Central...well, until Satuday at least. Hawks - Wings at The Joe!
Grrrrrrrr!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #560
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Before or after he went to get the paper at home and forgot his pants?
I had to Google that one. I had never heard that story before. While playing for the Wings he lived in my mom's subdivision. His neice went to my highschool. I met him once taking my younger siblings trick-or-treating. He was walking around with his kids or neices/nephews I forget which. He was very nice considering the large number of people approaching him. Neighbors had told me he would play hockey with neighbor kids on the pond behind his house.

Around the time he retired he moved 8-10 miles north into Washington Township. That house is huge and set back from the road so you can't see it. Large walls, big gate at the road, etc. From my experience I never would have guessed he'd pulled some crap like that.