Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #21
mariogolbee

Default Re: Cali b&ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Unlike Mario I dont have a POS car so maybe I should drive.

What time are they open to because I am usually tied up till 730pm. If its wednesday Mikey is at WestCoast and will stay open till 11pm or a little later.
Sounds good on the driving. Knicks is usually open until 10PM that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
Wed night might be tricky for me also. Im going golfing at 11 with my uncle then possibly getting together for dinner with the rest of the family. So I might not be free until 8ish? Although if we get something Rollin with a good plan I could leave right after we eat.

Also what do people like to drink in these parts? If we are allowed to bring something in that is.
I and one other BABOTL that I know do not drink. Everyone else always seem to be drinking either home brewed, custom, LE, Micro, aged, or last of it's kind. Everything from beer and wine, to scotch and rum. I just drink root beer or Mexican Coke most often times.

I'm sure that we can come up with a feasible plan if we get a time and address with which we could temporarily kidnap you for a few hours or more.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #22
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
Sounds good on the driving. Knicks is usually open until 10PM that night.

I and one other BABOTL that I know do not drink. Everyone else always seem to be drinking either home brewed, custom, LE, Micro, aged, or last of it's kind. Everything from beer and wine, to scotch and rum. I just drink root beer or Mexican Coke most often times.

I'm sure that we can come up with a feasible plan if we get a time and address with which we could temporarily kidnap you for a few hours or more.
I wouldn't consider it kidnapping. Two weeks of nothing but family and everyday is planned out, this will be the perfect mid trip break for me. Good company and smokes! Don't get me wrong though I love my family but breaks are needed And This will be perfect. First herf! Even if it is a mini.

Can I wave the white flag already? I know how you babotls play with your guests and I came unprepared and unarmed... You wouldn't hurt an unarmed man now would you?
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #23
mash
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (2)
mash is on a distinguished road

If you're anywhere near Sacramento, I'd recommend Tower Cigars. Mark is a great guy, and he has a nice selection.
mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #24
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
Three things:
  1. Lot more than just two non-drinkers in the group. At least five or six that I can think of offhand, plus at least three that are so infrequent or such small quantities that they almost count.
  2. You forgot to mention malt liquor. Earthquake HG FTW!
  3. Mexican Coke? Where do you find that?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #25
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash View Post
If you're anywhere near Sacramento, I'd recommend Tower Cigars. Mark is a great guy, and he has a nice selection.
Agreed, but there's no lounge at Tower. Basically standing room only.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #26
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Three things:
  1. Lot more than just two non-drinkers in the group. At least five or six that I can think of offhand, plus at least three that are so infrequent or such small quantities that they almost count.
  2. You forgot to mention malt liquor. Earthquake HG FTW!
  3. Mexican Coke? Where do you find that?
I thought of Earthquake but that's all Sonic Mike for ya.

Mexican Coke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Agreed, but there's no lounge at Tower. Basically standing room only.
I don't think our boy will be headed in that direction anyway but Mark is pretty darned cool from what little time I've spent with him.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:29 AM   #27
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Got to make sure if Bob will be comming that late. At 8 Nicks may not be the best choice. Depending on whos working they may be shutting down at 10 on the dot.

If not then West Coast would be the better choice because we can get mikey to stay till 11 possibly later. I will bribe him.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #28
mariogolbee

Quote:
Got to make sure if Bob will be comming that late. At 8 Nicks may not be the best choice. Depending on whos working they may be shutting down at 10 on the dot.

If not then West Coast would be the better choice because we can get mikey to stay till 11 possibly later. I will bribe him.
I agree.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #29
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

I will be there just decide if its WC or Knickerbocker's.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:02 AM   #30
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #31
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

Hurray! I excited for this. Can people dress up as their avatar so I can remember who's who?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #32
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

So are we pretty set for wed? Cause my plans for tonight just canceled and I guess tomorrow night is also a free night. I'll be staying in pleasanton tonight but can easily hop on the Bart down to Sunnyvale. Wed I think would still work I'm just not sure what time dinner will end. Mario has my cell since I will be leaving here in a couple hrs and no longer have interwebs access till I check in or if we stop for coffee.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #33
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
You better come peacefully cause I have a bomb already lined up for you buddy! Your just lucky this is a spur of the moment other wise I'd deliver it in person.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #34
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I still think WC is the best choice Mikey works Monday and Wednesday night. Me and him always kick it till at least 11 when I go on Mondays and Wednesdays. Given that Knicks will likely close on the dot at 10. WC gives us an extra hour worth smoking time. Plus Mikey from our board.

Bob dont play nice and I wouldnt try to intimidate him. He stomped my ass right in front of my kids in my own house.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #35
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
I still think WC is the best choice Mikey works Monday and Wednesday night. Me and him always kick it till at least 11 when I go on Mondays and Wednesdays. Given that Knicks will likely close on the dot at 10. WC gives us an extra hour worth smoking time. Plus Mikey from our board.

Bob dont play nice and I wouldnt try to intimidate him. He stomped my ass right in front of my kids in my own house.
Hmm I might need to call in some help to get you babotls when I get back home. I dunno if I alone have enough to get you all back. Well it sounds like everyone is leaning towards WC and like you said Miley works there. I'd love to support a "local" b&m (one that's on the board not local to the bay area).
Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #36
Darrell

Yeah, WC would be your best bet. You cannot drink alcohol at Knickerbockers anymore and they will be OUT the door at 10 PM.

At WC, we can probably get Mikey to stay past 11. If not, I can stay and close it up when we are done.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #37
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

so we doing this tonight or weds ?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #38
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

North Bay Area.

http://www.squirecigars.com/

Cali B&M prices will spin your head around and make ya puke.
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #39
Darrell

I can't do it tonight, but I can on Wed.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #40
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
Hmm I might need to call in some help to get you babotls when I get back home. I dunno if I alone have enough to get you all back. Well it sounds like everyone is leaning towards WC and like you said Miley works there. I'd love to support a "local" b&m (one that's on the board not local to the bay area).
We'll see you Wednesday evening! But please do not plan on sending anything back but thanks. We welcome you to California and if we give you something to smoke it is as it has been done in the past. We only ask that when the time comes and you can afford to Pay it Forward that you do so. A random gift on the street, a bomb sent to a deserving brother whether on CA or somewhere else. Pay Back is for kids, Paying It Forward is how we here in Asylum play.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote