Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 AM   #2061
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

guado - 30lbs
Chainsaw13 - 78lbs
starscream - 38lbs
Kreth - 26lbs
hotreds - 32lbs
shilala - 56lbs
goalie204 - 20
Total CA Weight Lost: 280lbs
Old 07-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #2062
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Total CA Weight Lost: 280lbs
We've lost a whole Kreth. I was 273 when I started...
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #2063
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

guado - 30lbs
Chainsaw13 - 78lbs
starscream - 38lbs
Kreth - 26lbs
hotreds - 32lbs
shilala - 56lbs
goalie204 - 20
Da KLugs - 51

Total CA Weight Lost: 331lbs

Last night - 208.6 from 260 - 96 days ago.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #2064
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

We've lost a NFL lineman.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #2065
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

it scares me to lose weight fast, yet at the same time, seeing those numbers drop on the regular keeps one motivated.

They say that the slower you lose, the more likely you are to keep it off. I've lost nearly 100 lbs before in 6 months, and true enough i gained it all back, so maybe losing slow isn't a bad thing - although i can say this: having lost it fast before, not losing it fast now is still discouraging - motivational speeches or not.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #2066
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Quote:
More like.... "The Blob" if you think about "what" we lost.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #2067
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I've only been at this 2 weeks, so I'm too embarrassed to put mine up there amongst the rest of you for now.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #2068
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
More like.... "The Blob" if you think about "what" we lost.
redundant.....
Old 07-12-2011, 07:52 AM   #2069
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
it scares me to lose weight fast, yet at the same time, seeing those numbers drop on the regular keeps one motivated.

They say that the slower you lose, the more likely you are to keep it off. I've lost nearly 100 lbs before in 6 months, and true enough i gained it all back, so maybe losing slow isn't a bad thing - although i can say this: having lost it fast before, not losing it fast now is still discouraging - motivational speeches or not.
I think it depends on how you lose the weight. Mine's coming off pretty quick, but I'm not starving myself. I just cut back portions, and started making healthier choices. I eat yogurt often for breakfast, have a couple of plums or a banana instead of chips, and drink a ton of water. If we order pizza, I have 2 slices instead of 4. Once in a while, I allow myself some soda, or a couple of cookies, etc.
It didn't take my body long to adjust to the smaller portions, either. Last night I had one of those BK Cheddar Bacon Tendercrisps, and felt like I'd just finished Thanksgiving dinner. I used to polish off a couple of Whoppers or Big Macs in a sitting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #2070
hotreds

Bolivar

As long as the scale keeps going down- and/or your belt size decreases- that's that matters. It is also true what is often said: "Losing weight is easy- it's keeping it off that's hard!"
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #2071
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
I think it depends on how you lose the weight. Mine's coming off pretty quick, but I'm not starving myself. I just cut back portions, and started making healthier choices. I eat yogurt often for breakfast, have a couple of plums or a banana instead of chips, and drink a ton of water. If we order pizza, I have 2 slices instead of 4. Once in a while, I allow myself some soda, or a couple of cookies, etc.
It didn't take my body long to adjust to the smaller portions, either. Last night I had one of those BK Cheddar Bacon Tendercrisps, and felt like I'd just finished Thanksgiving dinner. I used to polish off a couple of Whoppers or Big Macs in a sitting.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think that's it. Everything in moderation, and make habit of it. It's just the complete opposite of the way I used to do it. If one pack of Swiss Cake Rolls was good, a whole box is better.
It does become habit to eat reasonably and to make better choices, it just takes time.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #2072
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
As long as the scale keeps going down- and/or your belt size decreases- that's that matters. It is also true what is often said: "Losing weight is easy- it's keeping it off that's hard!"
An old buddy of mine says "That ain't hard, a rock is hard. All it takes is a conscious effort." It certainly applies here.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #2073
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I couldn't agree more.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #2074
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I've only been at this 2 weeks, so I'm too embarrassed to put mine up there amongst the rest of you for now.
Don't worry about it Duane. It's not a competition. No "Biggest Loser" here.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #2075
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

i'm not sure i agree guys. They say that losing weight quickly means you WILL gain it back one day, and have lived this. I would rather lose it slowly if it meant keeping it off. If you aren't sick, but are losing weight and feeling good, chances are you're doing something right, so im not sure that the methodology is AS important as the results and keeping them

they say fast weight changes - like losing lots of weight very quickly - stresses your body, your heart and your immune system. And, since you're likely to put that weight back on again, you could start a cycle of yo-yo dieting that will negatively affect your overall health. Losing weight slowly, however, allows your body to adjust to the changes gradually - I've done this, and it sucks
Old 07-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #2076
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
i'm not sure i agree guys. They say that losing weight quickly means you WILL gain it back one day, and have lived this. I would rather lose it slowly if it meant keeping it off. If you aren't sick, but are losing weight and feeling good, chances are you're doing something right, so im not sure that the methodology is AS important as the results and keeping them

they say fast weight changes - like losing lots of weight very quickly - stresses your body, your heart and your immune system. And, since you're likely to put that weight back on again, you could start a cycle of yo-yo dieting that will negatively affect your overall health. Losing weight slowly, however, allows your body to adjust to the changes gradually - I've done this, and it sucks
I've lost a lot of weight quickly a lot of times. I even did it in this thread, I went from 250 to 185 back to 225. I won't express my views on "dieting" because they're mostly negative and they honestly do work for lots of people to get the weight off. How anyone gets there really doesn't matter, or how long it takes. Whether or not a change of heart concerning food happens, or a change of lifestyle occurs, I think that's key. It certainly has been from my experience. I lose weight and fall back into old eating habits for one reason or another.
I just hope everyone can stick it out long enough so they can see that food isn't a great big carnival and shouldn't have such a mystical power attached to it. It should be a pleasure, a blessing, sure. It should even be a special event sometimes, but not every minute of every day. That's the point where it departs from healthy into unhealthy, when it becomes an idol or a deity or whatever you might want to call it. It's just food.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #2077
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Scott: agree
Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #2078
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

194.6 this morning.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #2079
hotreds

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Quote:
Don't worry about it Duane. It's not a competition. No "Biggest Loser" here.
We're family here- here to encourage not disparage! Best of luck to ya! Just think- you're waaaay ahead of me- I have over 50 more lbs to go!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #2080
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Just to clarify on my weight loss. My total of 78lbs is over the last 2.5 years. I had lost about 35 of it up until about 5 months ago. Its been in those last 5 months that I've lost the other 43lbs.