Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 02-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #301
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
I don't really whine when I play and I don't mind the camping, I'll get them regardless =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Only people who lose games complain about campers.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #302
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
i dont see how "camping" is bad. people who suck are usually the ones who complain.
I do hate being sniped and I do complain about camping at times. I don't have a headset or a mic so, at least you can't actually hear me. I would argue that camping requires less skill. Moving, avoiding enemy fire, while keeping your aim on a moving target, and being faster at it than your opponent requires much more skill. Camping requires only knowledge of the map and 1 or 2 killzones that you can sit with your rifle pointed at.

Just my

That said, MW3 is setup fairly well to prevent the impenetrable camping locations. Most all points on the map can be attacked from 3 directions. However, there are exceptions.

Campers who work as a team with run-n-gunners who will keep them from being flanked are especially effective.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #303
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#2 View Post
Alright, I have something to confuse.

I am a camper with a gold sniper rifle and I do not give a sh*t that it pisses people off.

I went out an bought the new Turtle Beach X32 headset and so far I am pretty happy. They are not surround sound, but the sound quality is good.

I finally have my kdr up to 0.6 and over the past two sessions I have been closer to 1.4-1.5. I had my best game today going 22-6 in Dome. I love Dome, it is a campers paradise. I know 0.6 is not impressive, but when you start at 0.2 and have 1000s of deaths it takes a while to improve on the ratio.

I think the headset is helping as I am more in tune with the game. I can hear footsteps but that does not really help all that much yet.

I am finally playing assault killstreaks and I am now addicted to care packages.

I also love it when you kill someone and their mic opens up so that you can hear them for a couple of seconds. Boy do people hate campers with sniper rifles.

Makes me smile even more when they start cursing me out.
Are you a true sniper in the game or have you just learned the art of quickscoping? You can pretty much run and gun with a sniper rifle if you've learned the art of quickscoping.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #304
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Are you a true sniper in the game or have you just learned the art of quickscoping? You can pretty much run and gun with a sniper rifle if you've learned the art of quickscoping.
I thought quickscoping was done via a macro and a modified controller.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #305
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I thought quickscoping was done via a macro and a modified controller.
Not to my knowledge. There are plenty of youtube tutorials on how to quickscope. I'm not good enough to be good with it, but I can get a few kills on my son in a two-player match by quickscoping. Borderline cheating using aim assist. Technically it's not cheating, since the developers have been aware of this for some time in multiple COD games and have done nothing to fix this glitch, but a lot of people consider it cheap. I'm not judging those who do, was just curious. I'd love to get good at quickscoping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmAi6Oy5soo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8tZ...eature=related

Insert quote here.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #306
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Not to my knowledge. There are plenty of youtube tutorials on how to quickscope. I'm not good enough to be good with it, but I can get a few kills on my son in a two-player match by quickscoping. Borderline cheating using aim assist. Technically it's not cheating, since the developers have been aware of this for some time in multiple COD games and have done nothing to fix this glitch, but a lot of people consider it cheap. I'm not judging those who do, was just curious. I'd love to get good at quickscoping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmAi6Oy5soo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8tZ...eature=related
Am I understanding this right? You use the zoom/scope function to auto-correct your aim, then pull the trigger a tenth of a second later?

If so, how can the developer's ignore this? After watching those videos it seems like there is no skill in quickscoping.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #307
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Am I understanding this right? You use the zoom/scope function to auto-correct your aim, then pull the trigger a tenth of a second later?

If so, how can the developer's ignore this? After watching those videos it seems like there is no skill in quickscoping.
It's been around for multiple COD games and the developers seems to see it as a legit strategy. And it takes some skill to get it down. Enemies still have to be inside your hipfire crosshairs when you press the scope function. I can't quickscope for shyte.

Insert quote here.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #308
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Well you actually have to be on target, but it's easy to get used to. Just remember where the center of your screen is and try and keep your gun leveled so they are always a chest shot. You can place like a small piece of tape in the middle of your screen/tv or a small dot sticker or something to practice, then it's all about timing.
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #309
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Just reminded myself why I only play Hardcore. Regular is absolutely terrible, there is no strategy, just run around and shoot, hope you hit someone, snipers are worthless, grenades are worthless, claymores are worthless.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #310
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

I think Infected is my favorite game type now...just played it for the first time...it's pretty freakin fun
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #311
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Just reminded myself why I only play Hardcore. Regular is absolutely terrible, there is no strategy, just run around and shoot, hope you hit someone, snipers are worthless, grenades are worthless, claymores are worthless.
I agree. I played regular yesterday for a bit and wanted to thrown the controller through the TV. Plus, the above mention quickscopers absolutely drive me nuts.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #312
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I don't like HC. I think it is too easy to kill. I don't have an issue with the snipers, even the great ones still don't win games. I was playing against some pretty good snipers yesterday and they lost. They just about broke even with KDR, snipers don't win games IMHO. I am not a sniper, QSing is hard to do, I tried and couldn't be consistent enough to use it in games I want to win. HC has always had more of an issue with nube toobs than nonHC has with snipers IMO. I have a member in my clan who is the best QSr I have seen and he still isn't as much of a threat as some of us other members with SMGs and ARs.

I have not played infected yet, is it like the Halo gametype?
One person is infected and he tries to infect all the other players?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #313
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I don't like HC. I think it is too easy to kill. I don't have an issue with the snipers, even the great ones still don't win games. I was playing against some pretty good snipers yesterday and they lost. They just about broke even with KDR, snipers don't win games IMHO. I am not a sniper, QSing is hard to do, I tried and couldn't be consistent enough to use it in games I want to win. HC has always had more of an issue with nube toobs than nonHC has with snipers IMO. I have a member in my clan who is the best QSr I have seen and he still isn't as much of a threat as some of us other members with SMGs and ARs.
Hardcore is more 'realistic', don't need an entire clip to kill someone, the assault rifles are more powerful than machine pistols, grenades kill when they land next to you, no constant radar, no seeing where you got shot from, no health regeneration.

Snipers can definitely win games if the team is working together. Finished last night on Seatown, went 26-1 with a sniper rifle and gave away my 3 care packages. Certain maps I will take 4-6 snipers on my team vs. runners and noob tubers and your team might not get to 2000 points. Had a few games last night like that, held one team to 1700 and one to 1800. Seatown, Fallen, Interchange, Bakaraa, put your snipers in the right spots and you can dominate.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #314
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Snipers can definitely win games if the team is working together. Finished last night on Seatown, went 26-1 with a sniper rifle and gave away my 3 care packages. Certain maps I will take 4-6 snipers on my team vs. runners and noob tubers and your team might not get to 2000 points. Had a few games last night like that, held one team to 1700 and one to 1800. Seatown, Fallen, Interchange, Bakaraa, put your snipers in the right spots and you can dominate.

I don't like HC for the reasons you mentioned. I don't want my video game to be that realistic, I want it to play well.
I feel skill is not as inportant in HC, anybody can finish a kill with any weapon very easily. These are just my preferences of course, I am not saying one is better than the other, just I don't prefer HC personally.
Are you on Xbox? I would love to play against you guys sometime.

And I was talking about snipers against my squad. Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't saying snipers never win games, they just don't seem to win against us. It sounds like you guys have some impressive wins there.

Last edited by Blak Smyth; 02-07-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #315
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hardcore is more 'realistic', don't need an entire clip to kill someone, the assault rifles are more powerful than machine pistols, grenades kill when they land next to you, no constant radar, no seeing where you got shot from, no health regeneration.

All of this. Except, the guns I equip use magazines . We should game up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post

I have not played infected yet, is it like the Halo gametype?
One person is infected and he tries to infect all the other players?
Exactly. I am still on the fence about it.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #316
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

I pretty much only play HC for the same reasons that Larry mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth
HC has always had more of an issue with nube toobs than nonHC has with snipers IMO. I have a member in my clan who is the best QSr I have seen and he still isn't as much of a threat as some of us other members with SMGs and ARs.
As far as this goes sniper class + trophy system seems to fix this problem. Also, I use my claymore and trophy system as diversions more than I use them to protect me. They draw a players gaze away from my potential sniping spot so they don't see me clip them from behind as they're too busy either avoiding my claymore or running 100ft away from me to destroy the trophy system. That's my strategy anyway.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #317
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

+1. The group I play with always uses trophy. EVERYONE. We set them up all over.

I really have not encountered the noobtoob madness of the past though.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #318
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

I really like the trophys also, I have just begun using them and they have saved my ass many times. I use the MK14 & trophy when on defense but I love to RNG, I am a slayer when not doing a "team game". I can hard scope well but never got good at QSing.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #319
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
Well you actually have to be on target, but it's easy to get used to. Just remember where the center of your screen is and try and keep your gun leveled so they are always a chest shot. You can place like a small piece of tape in the middle of your screen/tv or a small dot sticker or something to practice, then it's all about timing.
Hmmmm. I am good at hipfiring.

I agree with you all about getting a game together. We need to set a date and geek out.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #320
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Hmmmm. I am good at hipfiring.

I agree with you all about getting a game together. We need to set a date and geek out.

Wish we were all on 360!