Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
papajohn67
Reprobate From The 101st

Trading: (62)
papajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nice
Default Quick Question On Cbid Shipping?

Been a long time since I ordered and waiting on a purchase from last week. Don't recall if they send tracking numbers?
papajohn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Quick Question On Cbid Shipping?

They do. Either through USPS or UPS
Gophernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

I had a shipment not arrive (ie go missing) from ups about a month ago. Would they automatically switch me to USPS?
Posted via Mobile Device
kenstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
I had a shipment not arrive (ie go missing) from ups about a month ago. Would they automatically switch me to USPS?
Posted via Mobile Device
The only way USPS is auto-assigned to an account is if the shipping address is an APO, FPO or PO box. For any other addresses, you have to call or email customer service and request USPS.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
papajohn67
Reprobate From The 101st

papajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I called when I first set up my accout and requested USPS Priority Mail and everything always was shipped that way.

Just sent a request to them for shipping information on my order...should have done that in the first place instead of posting here.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

You should be able to log in and get a tracking number for any lots that have shipped.
The only change they've pulled on me was when they started using UPS Basic. I called and asked them to flag my account and haven't had a problem since.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
papajohn67
Reprobate From The 101st

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajohn67 View Post
Been a long time since I ordered and waiting on a purchase from last week. Don't recall if they send tracking numbers?
Seems Cbid does not have the item in stock.....hmmm would have been nice if they had sent me an email letting me know the item I "won" was out of stock. My CC which had reflected the charge has now been credited. Sort of sucks but so goes life.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
kenstogie

Army (Active)

I did get my order as called and said " Excuse me my order never came, yet the UPS tracking info says that it did" Out of all those orders over the years it's the only one I had an issue with. Funny but I got a Fed Ex delivery that same day and it made it AOK.

Thing is with USPS I don't get my cigars until monday or tuesday (not to big of deal as I have plenty on hand!) but with UPS I get them Friday.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

I got this e mail about a recent box of cigars I won...

CigarBid remains laser-focused on providing industry-leading customer service. Having outgrown our previous distribution center, we're committed to bringing you the exceptional customer service and quick ship-times you expect from CigarBid. As a result, we're in the process of moving into a state of the art facility, three times the size of our previous facility and have been experiencing some short term shipping delays on a few orders as product gets moved between locations. We are working tirelessly 24/7 to restore our normal shipping commitments and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

While there has been a slight delay in processing your order, we expect all inventory concerns to be resolved within the next 24-48 hours.

Of course if you have any questions about your order please don't hesitate to contact us by email, by phone, through our online customer service interface, or by snail mail. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and can assure you that within just a few short days, we'll be back at full capacity to again provide the experience you deserve as one of our most valued customers.

Thank you for choosing CigarBid, we certainly value your business and continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

Trish Stewarts

Customer Service Manager
Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
jbo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajohn67 View Post
Seems Cbid does not have the item in stock.....hmmm would have been nice if they had sent me an email letting me know the item I "won" was out of stock. My CC which had reflected the charge has now been credited. Sort of sucks but so goes life.
Been there, my friend. It's terribly frustrating!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
At least they're being proactive instead of leaving you hanging. Of course, I might call and ask what they'd be willing to do to make up for the inconvenience...
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #12
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
At least they're being proactive instead of leaving you hanging. Of course, I might call and ask what they'd be willing to do to make up for the inconvenience...
Posted via Mobile Device
Ask them to send you some cbid matches.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #13
tobaccoman
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
tobaccoman is on a distinguished road

last week i ordered a box of cigars from CI in the afternoon and the order arrived next day air as i had requested. Today I tried to prder a box next day air and it told me i had to place the order by 9am eastern time or it would not ship until Friday. I wanted to get it by friday via next day air and consequently passed . Cigar.com gave me the same 9am jargon. Sucks big time what happened to by 2pm?
tobaccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I did! LOL

Of course they said that they had already sent out the box, so they couldn't through in the Colibri CI Grip cutter I requested for the inconvenience. They did cut shipping in half for my troubles. Woohoo saved a whole $3! I figured if they want me to advertise for them it should cost them, not me! LOL
Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #15
smokehouse
Hiding from Curly Cut

Trading: (0)
smokehouse has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post

CigarBid remains laser-focused on providing industry-leading customer service. Having outgrown our previous distribution center, we're committed to bringing you the exceptional customer service and quick ship-times you expect from CigarBid. As a result, we're in the process of moving into a state of the art facility, three times the size of our previous facility and have been experiencing some short term shipping delays on a few orders as product gets moved between locations. We are working tirelessly 24/7 to restore our normal shipping commitments and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

While there has been a slight delay in processing your order, we expect all inventory concerns to be resolved within the next 24-48 hours.

Of course if you have any questions about your order please don't hesitate to contact us by email, by phone, through our online customer service interface, or by snail mail. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and can assure you that within just a few short days, we'll be back at full capacity to again provide the experience you deserve as one of our most valued customers.

Thank you for choosing CigarBid, we certainly value your business and continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

Trish Stewarts

Customer Service Manager
Got the same email today. They must be a little backed up right now.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
kenstogie

Army (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
Got the same email today. They must be a little backed up right now.
Ditto here. Wonder when I will get my stix? I have plenty yet I still want them ASAP. I should have some patience.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2010, 04:34 AM   #17
kenstogie

Army (Active)

Rcvd an email that my cbid ship$ent was on the way so the delay should be fairly short for everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #18
jbo57

My latest order got rerouted due to "Natural Disaster" 150 miles away that happened last week. Got sent back in the opposite direction of my house and it says, "Adverse Weather Conditions". Don't know when they will show up.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #19
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

It is becoming a standard in business. Allot of businesses drop shop there orders (product not on hand, shipped from manufacture) I am not sure if this is happening in the Cigar world, but I have had this exact thing happen a number of times for other things.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #20
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
It is becoming a standard in business. Allot of businesses drop shop there orders (product not on hand, shipped from manufacture) I am not sure if this is happening in the Cigar world, but I have had this exact thing happen a number of times for other things.
Not practical at all for cigars in the US.

Say you place the following order with CI:
1 box of DPG Cuban Classics
1 box of Liga Privada T-52s
1 fiver of San Cristobal by Ashton
1 Xikar Multi-tool
1 Freebie due to the amount you spent consisting of a pair of CI smiley coffee mugs.

5 different distributors would have to ship stuff to you.

CI doesn't even drop ship their large humidors.

Everything is in their warehouse, same as every other cigar vendor in the US. A few might use drop shipping for humidors though, I don't know.

Cuban cigars, on the other hand, since there is only one "company" and each region has exclusive importers & distributors, it is theoretically possible to have a business that utilizes drop shipping from a distributor warehouse.