Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 AM   #5461
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
wow! Just cancel it Francis.
but I need the mags! lol... I'll be in the country for another month... guess I'll just have to wait and see if they ship....

Still going for $80-$100 /ea over at gunbroker... that's nearly double that of a pmag!!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:45 AM   #5462
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

I'm pretty sure if they changed the date to 12/13 it's not going to magically revert to March...
Old 02-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #5463
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
I'm pretty sure if they changed the date to 12/13 it's not going to magically revert to March...
In the last 10 days, Botach and RED-X shipped me stuff. Even Unicorns are starting to seem plausible.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #5464
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvilchez View Post
Many ask the same thing.

Sorry to be the buzzkill but I'll get this thing back on track.

Beretta 92FS was the first to own and still have it years later. Hoping to one day build an AR and currently doing some shopping for another Glock for the wife. Any recommendations on the Glock?
Glock 19 would be my recommendation, smaller frame, but still substantial enough to handle recoil, and chambered in 9mm which you already own. I highly recommend finding a range where you can rent one first if possible. My wife hated shooting my Glocks, but she can drive tacks with my Sig P229, and she can operate the Sig much easier than the Glocks too.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #5465
big pete
Going to the darkside....

PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Anyone have a AR pistol? Since I put my AR up for sale, I've been looking at building a 9mm or .223 AR pistol. Think it'll be a fun little toy
Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #5466
Ncpsycho
Newly obsessed

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (5)
Cohiba
Ncpsycho is on a distinguished road

Rock R
iver makes a cool piston driven pistol ar with no "buffer" tube on the back so its very compact has some new self collapsing bolt all self contained -----
Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #5467
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pete View Post
Anyone have a AR pistol? Since I put my AR up for sale, I've been looking at building a 9mm or .223 AR pistol. Think it'll be a fun little toy
I have the Olympic Arms OA-93 and really like it. I got that one because at the time it was the only one with no buffer tube. It's soon going to be my active shooter response gun (waiting on some sights). I didn't like the red dot sight so i'm going to iron. It's a close combat set-up anyway so I shouldn't need to shoot farther than what I can focus on with open sights.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #5468
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Got these up today form a long forgotten backorder.

Any way to tell if they are gen two or three? They aren't marked MOE and they DO have the dust covers.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #5469
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Lookie what showed up today.

Interesting that it has the front sight block. Was only supposed to be a gas block. Guess I can put that folding sight up for sale. I've already put the new stock, VLTOR handguard and rear sight on it. My red dot should be here Wednesday. Then its on to the range to sight it in.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #5470
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
Got these up today form a long forgotten backorder.

Any way to tell if they are gen two or three? They aren't marked MOE and they DO have the dust covers.

You planning on opening them? If so pop off the dust cover and see if it hooks onto the bottom. If not it's Gen3.

Gen 3. Look at the sides of the mag near the bottom. see the lil dots?

Gen 2 for comparison

Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #5471
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Also Gen 3 has a lil stop tab on the backside of the mag. Your's look like gen 2
Old 02-26-2013, 02:17 AM   #5472
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

FUUUUUUUUCK YOOUUUUUU BOTACH!

Got my order today. Except a few items are still on backorder. Including the only "trinket" one, the reason for the order... the 15-22 drum.

I no longer believe in unicorns.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #5473
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Told u Botach sucks!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #5474
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Black Dog Machine is back open. I'll get one from them for $20 more I guess... hopefully their shipping is down under a month. Think I'll have it shipped to a friends house just in case...
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 AM   #5475
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

good luck!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #5476
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

I'll leave the botach order open a few more weeks too... maybe I'll get lucky...

I love Ohio laws. Illegal to USE a 31+ round mag.... but perfectly legal to purchase them :/
Old 02-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #5477
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #5478
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
I love Ohio laws. Illegal to USE a 31+ round mag.... but perfectly legal to purchase them :/
Well...since you brought up the spectre of politics, spectrrr ()

Join Ohioans For Concealed Carry or Buckeye Firearms Association when you get back to the U.S., my good man. Jump into the fight with us, you got as much motivation as any other gun owner, more than many give the "toys" you own. We are always trying to make Ohio's gun laws suck less through contact with the legislators and whatnot.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #5479
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Although not a member of those associations, I have been in contact with my legislators in the past when specific matters have come to my attention. In the future, it won't matter for me because there is very little chance that my path will find me back in Ohio in the near or distant future.

and I do love the fact that I can still buy the 30+ mags while available, and store a few for use in other states, or a time when such things are not available for purchase anywhere.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #5480
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Thanks emo. Look like old stock gen 2