Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Guys, the signup info was up above...
"For signup, the team name is Cigar Asylum 4 and the pass is cafootball."
Once you sign up, you'll see the draft date is August 28th at 8:00 ET.
Make sure to check Scoring and Settings now and prior to the draft in case I make any changes.
I know I'm painfully wordy, but please read all the stuff up above here, too.

When you sign up, make sure to use your CA screen name as your team name, or at least have it as part of your team name so everyone knows who they are playing.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #22
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Guys, the signup info was up above...
"For signup, the team name is Cigar Asylum 4 and the pass is cafootball."
Once you sign up, you'll see the draft date is August 28th at 8:00 ET.
Make sure to check Scoring and Settings now and prior to the draft in case I make any changes.
I know I'm painfully wordy, but please read all the stuff up above here, too.

When you sign up, make sure to use your CA screen name as your team name, or at least have it as part of your team name so everyone knows who they are playing.
Check your PM, sir.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #23
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Check your PM, sir.
Done and replied, my brother.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #24
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I sent a blanket PM to everyone. It should resolve any signup issues so you guys can all get signed up.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #25
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Stephen sent me his error message he was getting as he tried to sign up. I had emailed last year's guys via Yahoo and apparently Yahoo reserved a spot for them. I'll have to go fix that. Please bear with me...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #26
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Here's a couple more nuggets...
Stephen found out the League ID is 325132 and the password is cafootball

Our custom league URL will be
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cigarasylum4
Old 08-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #27
AndyMadera
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)
Trinidad
AndyMadera will become famous soon enoughAndyMadera will become famous soon enough

Awww, only 10 slots? looks like you guys did this hush hush so I wouldnt see it! Guess I guess that means someone else will have a change to win this year.

I was hoping to see Vin in it too!
AndyMadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #28
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMadera View Post
Awww, only 10 slots? looks like you guys did this hush hush so I wouldnt see it! Guess I guess that means someone else will have a change to win this year.

I was hoping to see Vin in it too!
I sent you an invite and all these guys beat you to it. I know Huy has a league going right here. I think they're short on guys, too.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #29
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I double checked all the scoring categories and points you can earn, I'm leaving it the way it sits, same as last year.
Be aware that you get fractional points for yardage. That can be a killer, just lost by .2 points last year. It's painful.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #30
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Signed up! Never played before, this should be fun!
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #31
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Okay, lied. In 3 leagues since 1994 and scoring was done on paper...remember results arriving in the mailbox on Tuesdays?
Old 08-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #32
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Okay, lied. In 3 leagues since 1994 and scoring was done on paper...remember results arriving in the mailbox on Tuesdays?

Not sure why you would lie
Old 08-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #33
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post

Not sure why you would lie
It was just a joke. I do play a lot of fantasy football, though. Been doing it since high school. This is my first foray into playing for smokes, tho.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #34
AndyMadera
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)
Trinidad
AndyMadera will become famous soon enoughAndyMadera will become famous soon enough

Nope, I didnt get the memo, but ill check huy's out!
AndyMadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #35
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

The calm before the storm.
Scott (sofaman) is the only one not signed up. He's on vacation, I think he's home tomorrow. I'll badger him into getting signed up so we have our full compliment.
Guys, try to set your draft priority list just in case you aren't around at draft time. I just auto-draft if I'm not there. I desperately need a marquis running back this year, it's tough to pick matchups on gameday every week. Usually I scramble to see the injury report last minute. I pretend I don't like it now, but when the season starts I LOVE it.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #36
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

I had to sit out last year since I moved, but I have been in a league with friends for 15 years. I did miss the coming in last place every year
Old 08-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #37
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Guys, don't forget this thing...

Buy in will be five premiums ($50.00 minimum value, NC and/or CC) and a fiver (minimum) for the troops, due prior to the first week's kickoff.

I'll try to get a pm out to everyone as a reminder, although I've had a few responses already and received one batch of smokes.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #38
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Here's the screen name/name/team name of all our guys to help with tracking who you're playing against if there's any trouble...

1. shilala (scott) shilala
2. sofaman (scott) Sofaman
3. Bax (Tim) Bax's Death Beaters
4. Jonumberone (Dom) Jonumberone's Jerks
5. gnukfu (George) nolo contendre
6.coach Deg (Mike) Tampa Torpedoes
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) jkim05
8. mattso3000 (Matt) Mattso3000
9. Stephen (Stephen) Stephen's Shockers
10.Ranger_b (Frank) RangerB Never forget
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #39
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

A tip...
If you want to send along extra troop smokes to cover bets along the way, that's fine. A few guys did that last year, it saved them extra shipping later.

VERY IMPORTANT:
I will track your personal bets and troop smokes bets wins/losses/results and "who owes who what" on a spreadsheet thoughout the season but you have to send me the results of your bets each week. (Reason being, I can't see the bets you guys make by pm, etc.)
This way you can ask what you owe at any given time, or ask if you have betting smokes left if you've sent extra troop smokes ahead of time.
If two guys pm me with results from the same bet, that's no problem. Just please don't assume the other guy sent results.
Also please don't assume that posting your bet and results in our thread will be sufficient. It's not. I'll likely miss it or won't understand it.
Please pm me, it'll make everything run real smooth and I can post updates and stuff.

I mention this stuff because it was sheer hell last year and very confusing as to "who owed what and to whom" and I want to continue improving this model year-to-year so it just gets better.
If I keep track, then you guys can just have fun without worrying about details.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #40
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

The draft is tonight at 8:00 EST, guys!!!