Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Super Bowl Predictions

OK, just for snickers and grins, who are your picks for the 2 teams to play in Super Bowl?

And, what is your prediction for score?

Steelers 24 - Packers 27
Old 01-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

Steelers 347, Packers -3

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:38 AM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Giants 1, Pats forfeit.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:44 AM   #4
Greentud
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
VR
Greentud is on a distinguished road

Patriots 23 Falcons 12
Greentud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Seahawks 21 Chiefs 17
Old 01-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #6
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Raiders 12 (all FGs) Someone Else 77 (all TD passes over 30 yards)
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #7
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Seriously you guys? I know we all have our favorites, but let's try to make some serious predictions.

I think the Steelers are going in hot right now. I think the easily beat the Dolphins, they are ashamed of the earlier game. They go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs a second time. And of course, they face off against the Patriots. I have a feeling they come out on top.

As for the Packers, yes, I am a Packers fan, but...
Ely has come into Green Bay and done it before, this time I think that GB says, "Not in our house!" I see the Lions beating Seattle because they are more hungry. The Cowboys beat the Lions, Atlanta cannot overcome Rodgers. And in Dallas, experience beats the rookies.

This is the recipe for why I believe it is Steelers/Packers in Super Bowl.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I've got my Steeler vs. anyone.
They have a long road between here and the dance, though.
They're healthy. That's big.
If they stay healthy and can get through NE without getting their secondary completely disassembled, I don't think they'll have trouble with anyone they meet in the Super Bowl.
I'd like for it to be Green Bay because they're always an injury or two away from it being curtains.

It's just tough for me to see yet, Todd.
After this week's games and getting a look at the play, let's revisit this.
I think all 4 home teams are going to take the wins, New York and Green Bay being the best game.
Pittsburgh and Miami being the most frustrating.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #9
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Not in our house, Todd? Seriously? Seems to me the last two playoff head-to-heads at Lambeau went to Big Blue, not Green-and-Gold. That means nothing tomorrow, but nothing either way. Don't be surprised if the Giants win, then fly back home to celebrate off the NJ Turnpike at the Vince Lombardi Service Area.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Not in our house, Todd? Seriously? Seems to me the last two playoff head-to-heads at Lambeau went to Big Blue, not Green-and-Gold. That means nothing tomorrow, but nothing either way. Don't be surprised if the Giants win, then fly back home to celebrate off the NJ Turnpike at the Vince Lombardi Service Area.
I know the history, that's why I think that they are going in with a new attitude of "not-this-time". I must admit, that of all the teams we could have faced, this one worries me the most (as a Packer fan).

By the way, I am not picking the Packers because I want to Packers to be the team, it is a calculated guess based upon what I see as the teams in the play-offs.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #11
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I've got my Steeler vs. anyone.
They have a long road between here and the dance, though.
They're healthy. That's big.
If they stay healthy and can get through NE without getting their secondary completely disassembled, I don't think they'll have trouble with anyone they meet in the Super Bowl.
I'd like for it to be Green Bay because they're always an injury or two away from it being curtains.

It's just tough for me to see yet, Todd.
After this week's games and getting a look at the play, let's revisit this.
I think all 4 home teams are going to take the wins, New York and Green Bay being the best game.
Pittsburgh and Miami being the most frustrating.
Hey, I get that. The whole point of this exercise is to make a prediction here and see where it will fall out in the end. That's the fun of it!

Take a risk, make a prediction.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #12
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

AFC
Wild Card Weekend Steelers 22 - Dolphins 16 & Texans 24 - Raiders 17
Division Round Weekend Steelers 31 - Chiefs 17 & Patriots 42 - Texans 20
Conference Championship Steelers 38 - Patriots 34

NFC
Wild Card Weekend Packers 34 - Giants 31 & Lions 27 - Seahawks 24
Division Round Weekend Packers 41 - Falcons 38 & Cowboys 31 - Lions 20
Conference Championship Packers 24 - Cowboys 21

Which brings us to the Super Bowl
Steelers 24 - Packers 27
Old 01-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta go Steelers 21 Packers 12, or Steelers 32 Dallas 13.
Either is equally possible to me right now, but my "get past the Pats" mojo ain't what it should be. Yet.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #14
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

serious predictions New England 27 Packers 21
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #15
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Cowboys 31/ Patriots 24.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #16
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
AFC
Wild Card Weekend Texans 24 - Raiders 17
Ooops, had the 4 & 7 reversed. Texans 27 - Raiders 14 FINAL
Old 01-07-2017, 07:04 PM   #17
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Amazing catch by Richardson.
Big men make big plays in big games.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Amazing catch by Richardson.
Big men make big plays in big games.
Yeah, as he had his fingers buried in the facemask of the defender, yanking his head around.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

When I watch the progression of the play, the facemask is defensive reaction.
As in the only opportunity for Richardson to make the play after being totally molested.
There's no way, at full speed, he could have had any idea what he did.
Nor did anyone else in the stadium or in New York. In real time it was so fast it was nothing.
It took a whole period for the talking heads to discover it and make a point of it.

Good penalty to take right there for Detroit, because the defense was clearly beat for an easy td.
At least they'd have had chance to stop the score.

I liked the no call there, and I don't have a dog in the fight.
My thinking that the first penalty caused the second one, and it was inadvertant.

There's 7:30 left in the 4th and Detroit has been in this till just a few minutes ago.
No matter how we slice it, Detroit made a quality showing against a juggernaut.
I'd like to see a garbage td just so the record books show 19-13.
Detroit had a solid season and solid playoff game to build on.
I stand impressed, Rev.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #20
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Was just stirring the pot. I think it was a good "no call" as well.

I am impressed with how Seattle played tonight. I really did expect the Lions to do better. Although, as you say, they were in it all the way. The score is not indicative of the closeness of the game.