Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
bilkay
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (3)
bilkay is on a distinguished road
Default Padilla 1932- Opinions/Comparisons?

I'd like to know what you guys think of these cigars. Can you make any comparisons to other Pepin blends? For regular smokers, have you noticed a difference from the old to new blend?

I'll be checking out some toros shortly but I want your feedback anyway.
bilkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Cigary

Default Re: Padilla 1932- Opinions/Comparisons?

I discovered these thru a trade and once smoked it became one of my all time favorites. It was a churchill and it reminded me of an Opus the way it starts out with lots of spice and pepper. They are not the same taste but it was comparable in enjoyment at a price I can easily afford. If you let these age a few months the taste is still there but it settles down and is much more enjoyable,,,,this cigar tastes better with age as opposed to being smoke right out of the box.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

One of my top 5 favorite NCs. I have about a half a box of the Pepin corona gordas left and they are wonderful. I have not tasted the new blend so I don't know how they compare. Someone was selling a box of the Pepin blend coronas last week. You may want to check into that.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
NickyTeen
My barn door is open

First Name: Kriss
Trading: (12)
Partagas
NickyTeen will become famous soon enoughNickyTeen will become famous soon enough

Love the Pepin 1932s. Have a box of robustos and they are one of my favorites. The new blend is good also, but I think they need some rest. I have a box of the new blend in robusto size and toro size. The flavor is very similar but not quite as peppery.I believe the new blend has a different wrapper. Plan to let these new ones sit about 6 mos. then will test again.
NickyTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
ChINaMaN1472

This was an interesting cigar. When I first picked it up, I thought it was a fantastic smoke. And these easily had been sitting for 6+ months. This was about a year ago. As I've started to branch out more and more, the 1932 seems like a much duller smoke than it used to be.

In short, it's a great premium smoke at first, but after making rounds to other cigars, it slowly loses it's appeal.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
bookman

Just smoked my second lancero size (not my choice but got em for $6 a stick) and loved it. It's one of the richest brown wrappers I've ever seen. Great ash, great slow smoke. They've only been in my humi 2 months or so and prolly won't last much longer. Unlike most corojos they are rich, not spicy, sim. to a olivia series V.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
roughrider
Feeling at Home

Trading: (24)
roughrider is on a distinguished road

The old Pepin blend is fantastic. I love the 1932 and Miami.
roughrider is offline   Reply With Quote