Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough
Default FedEx - We'll deliver when we want to.

I'm one of the complaints.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/deliv...o_deliver.html
Old 12-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough
Default Re: FedEx - We'll deliver when we want to.

The only shipment of cigars to me that was ever lost was done so by Fedex. I was reimbursed for my order, but it was a bummer because the sticks were a closeout.

I'm really glad that places like CI, Famous and Town and Country use Priority Mail.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
heavyd has disabled reputation

Fedex sucks, big time. I have had so many bad experiences with them, it would take me an hour to type it all out...and most people wouldn't believe me anyway - the stories are that bad. I don't do business with any company that insists on using Fedex for delivery. No exceptions.
heavyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

emotional damage?

OK..........
Old 12-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
emotional damage?

OK..........
Well when they stole my Nike Sumo Driver it made me want to yell...scream...and punch the next FedEx employee I saw...
That's emotional and physical, Pete.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

Yep - I'm last on the delivery route for both FedEx and UPS. So unless something is sent "before 10am" - I don't know what day I will get. Had FedEx push a delivery back two days once which put it into the weekend so I didn't get the package until Monday around 5:30 - total of five days later from the scheduled date.

But either service is prone to re-schedule me.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

several times mostly later in the week the ahole driver would not deliver I would have to wait till Monday to get them. that makes customers happy
Old 12-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #8
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD. View Post
Yep - I'm last on the delivery route for both FedEx and UPS. So unless something is sent "before 10am" - I don't know what day I will get. Had FedEx push a delivery back two days once which put it into the weekend so I didn't get the package until Monday around 5:30 - total of five days later from the scheduled date.

But either service is prone to re-schedule me.

Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
several times mostly later in the week the ahole driver would not deliver I would have to wait till Monday to get them. that makes customers happy
Your counseling and sensitivity awareness training sessions with the reps from Fedex start Monday. I hope you can both sort through your trauma and quality of life issues. Ron, yours will require a few fingers of your favorite beverage, with a Bolivar chaser. Perry, yours is, well... you know...

Anything I can do tho help, Gents.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Typically, FedEx has been pretty reliable for me. I've had WAY more problems with DHL and UPS. Plus, on the rare occasion that I have had a problem with FedEx they've been pretty good about fixing it.

Today though FedEx has me pulling my hair out. I had a package shipped to me on Wednesday priority overnight (guaranteed next day delivery by 10:30 AM). It wasn't even out for delivery by 10:30 AM. Since my office is now closed I asked that it be held at the distribution center near my house. "No problem!" is what I was told and I was assured that the package would be at the distribution center no later than 2:30 PM. Well, here it is nearly 3 PM and I called them and you know what? The package has not yet arrived at there.

The worst part is . . . they told me the internet tracking service is not working at all. So, I have to call and speak to a representative any time I want an update on where the package is.

On the other hand, I've seen the UPS driver THROW packages down my 20 ft. long front walkway on several occasions. I've called to complain about it and all UPS doesn't even care. I just can't win I guess.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I don't use Fedex, never did.
They've always offered poor service in our area. The only outfit that's worse is DHL.
UPS has always offered "as good as it gets" service. I've only had one or two problems in the last 20 years and when there is one, they have handled it courteously and professionally.
Two of my ex brother-in-laws work for UPS, and I worked for UPS for a short time once, so I know the drill and and I know all the folks that work at UPS here in town. They look out for me and they take incredibly good care of me.
Fedex, not so good. If there's a problem I have to drive to the facility that has my package. I can't even call them.
So when they make a mistake, I can't get it ironed out. That's not very good service, so I just use UPS.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
On the other hand, I've seen the UPS driver THROW packages down my 20 ft. long front walkway on several occasions. I've called to complain about it and all UPS doesn't even care. I just can't win I guess.
When I worked there at Christmas I had to stand on boxes to get to stuff.
The truck was literally packed to the roof and I'd have to climb over the top and drill down through packages to get whatever needed getting.
Everything would be covered with mud and slop and boxes got crushed.
UPS figures that in. It's standard procedure.
In just the last year they have instituted a brand new system where the trucks get loaded in the order they're to be delivered.
That should change everything, including the throwing of packages.
I've watched UPS guys crack and stomp a package to mush.
I was only there a month and at the end of my stint the unit director asked me if I'd come on full time.
I told him "Thanks, but there's not a chance in hell." It's easily the most stress-filled job I've ever witnessed.
UPS guys are fun to drink with, so I guess there's a positive side.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Yep, I receive at least a package a week out here in the sticks and after about 200 successful deliveries, the only issue was with FedEx. I, like Bao, also had a new driver supposedly delivered. Never got it, was home waiting on it, the FedEx driver swore he delivered and it was stolen. I must have some really selective thieves working my neighborhood to only lose one package. I'll not bid or order if FedEx is involved.
14holestogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #13
Jay Hemingway
I know because of KRS1

Trading: (7)
LFdC
Jay Hemingway will become famous soon enough

USPS priority mail for teh win everytime!!
Jay Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #14
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
Today though FedEx has me pulling my hair out. I had a package shipped to me on Wednesday priority overnight (guaranteed next day delivery by 10:30 AM). It wasn't even out for delivery by 10:30 AM. Since my office is now closed I asked that it be held at the distribution center near my house. "No problem!" is what I was told and I was assured that the package would be at the distribution center no later than 2:30 PM. Well, here it is nearly 3 PM and I called them and you know what? The package has not yet arrived at there.

The worst part is . . . they told me the internet tracking service is not working at all. So, I have to call and speak to a representative any time I want an update on where the package is.
Thought I would throw in a quick update to this situation . . .

I called FedEx about 4 PM and was told my package was at their distribution center near my house. I hopped in the car and when I got there I was told they have NO idea if the package is in the building or not. The woman at the counter told me based on the tracking scans she believes a sticker fell off my box and got stuck to another and that my package is in Memphis.

I'm quite ticked about this whole situation and is by far the worst FedEx experience I've ever had. If the package is a day or two late it's OK, I just REALLY REALLY hope they didn't lose it.

I was told to call back the distribution center at around 6:30 PM as they are initiating a trace on the package.

Meanwhile, FedEx's on-line tracking tool is still BROKEN.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #15
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Quote:
emotional damage?

OK..........
It's called being depressed because Fedex didn't do the job it was paid to do.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #16
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Got the following email response today...
Response (Peter B.) - 12/26/2008 04:42 PM
Dear Joe:

Thank you for contacting FedEx. We regret any inconvenience you experienced as a result of this situation.

Unfortunately, inclement weather conditions throughout the United States have and continue to cause disruptions within the FedEx routing system. Packages are being delivered as quickly as possible.

You may wish to continue monitoring your shipment to obtain updated status by using our online tracking page:http://www.fedex.com/us/tracking

Thank you for your patience in this matter, and for shipping with FedEx.

Peter B.
FedEx Customer Service

Gee. And I just checked with some people I know if both Seattle and Portland and was told the weather and roads have been better the past couple of days. Maybe if they would have called all their employees who were off today and said, "Hey! We've had bad weather and we are backed up on deliveries. Come in and let's get these delivered." people wouldn't be so pissed.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #17
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Hemingway View Post
USPS priority mail for teh win everytime!!
On time everytime with the Post Office and we are out here in the sticks. UPS Ground is a close second.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #18
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Bolivar

UPDATE: well, I called FedEx again a little earlier. They believe my package is in a carton at the distribution center near my house, but they're not sure when the carton will be broken down. So, I may or may not be able to pick up the package tomorrow.

The thing that REALLY ticks me off is that I get the impression that they're not entirely sure where my package is. If they lost it, I am going to go BALLISTIC.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #19
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Your counseling and sensitivity awareness training sessions with the reps from Fedex start Monday. I hope you can both sort through your trauma and quality of life issues. Ron, yours will require a few fingers of your favorite beverage, with a Bolivar chaser. Perry, yours is, well... you know...

Anything I can do tho help, Gents.
should I say thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #20
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

A follow-up. Today is Monday, Dec. 29, 2008. As far as I know, the package is still sitting at the Fedex facility in Portland, OR because weather conditions have been sooooooo bad that they can't get it to Seattle for delivery.

That was one story we've been told. This is despite the fact that the weather has been getting into the 40s since Dec. 26 and it has been raining.

Then I was actually able to talk to a customer (non)support representative who told me that the package was in Portland but that facility is closed today. No reason why. It's Monday and hey! let's shut down a facility. He went on to tell me that it will be shipped to Seattle tomorrow morning and will be delivered as soon as possible. Then, get this, he tells me that there is a backlog of packages waiting to be delivered so if there is room it will probably be put on a truck for delivery Wednesday morning (nine days past the original delivery date) but if they can't make all the deliveries it could be either Friday or Monday before it's delivered because they are closed for New Years day.

He finished the conversation by saying, "Thank you for shipping with FEDEX."