Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
joshnauburn
JOSHNAUBURN

First Name: Josh
Trading: (2)
joshnauburn will become famous soon enough
Default Thinking about cutting the cable...

Figuratively of course...but same idea..thinking about cutting off cable at our house, and was wondering if any of you have done the same? I still plan on keeping our internet, but it seems like I watch less and less of live t.v. only thing I think I will miss is my sports, but maybe I can borrow a buddies login info for the big games..thoughts?
joshnauburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thinking about cutting the cable...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38822

I cut the cord a few months ago. Glad I did. I luckily still get all the digital channels on my cable, so I'm not missing anything. Saved me nearly $100/month.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #3
the nub
Papa Chino

LGC
the nub is on a distinguished road

cut off cable probably about 7 or 8 years ago. you can stream just about any show, movie or game. the biggest win is I'm not tempted to watch the "News"
the nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #4
joshnauburn
JOSHNAUBURN

First Name: Josh
joshnauburn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38822

I cut the cord a few months ago. Glad I did. I luckily still get all the digital channels on my cable, so I'm not missing anything. Saved me nearly $100/month.
Thanks for the link, sorry to duplicate post. Awesome!
joshnauburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

We just did it. We still get some channels because we have internet service, but we really don't miss it a bit.
We have Amazon Prime, which is basically free because we've had Prime for years, and we have Netflix.
Plus the kids watch youtube on the tv.

We have a google chrome, a couple fire sticks, and a few of the tv's are smart tv's, plus I run a plex server with over 1000 movies.
There's WAY more media than we can ever get to.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #6
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I did it several years ago and we watch more tv now than we did when we had it. I use Roku and have Netflix and Hulu Plus. I also bought a onetime license for life to Playon and we use a plugin for that called Onechannel that has almost every tv show and movie known to man on it. It's probably not technically legal.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote