Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
MagicDrop
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
MagicDrop is on a distinguished road
Default Black Crown: Sons of Anarchy!

I must say I bought these to get the lighter. I'm a giant fan of the show and figured these were just cheap cigars labelled for fans so I wouldn't enjoy them!
I have to to say I couldn't be more wrong! These quickly became my favorite cigar, they burn extremely even with a strong flavor. I am not smoking long enough to break down the palet like many members here but it is a n extremely enjoyable cigar and I can't wait for my next one!
MagicDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Black Crown: Sons of Anarchy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicDrop View Post
I must say I bought these to get the lighter. I'm a giant fan of the show and figured these were just cheap cigars labelled for fans so I wouldn't enjoy them!
I have to to say I couldn't be more wrong! These quickly became my favorite cigar, they burn extremely even with a strong flavor. I am not smoking long enough to break down the palet like many members here but it is a n extremely enjoyable cigar and I can't wait for my next one!
Glad you found a good cigar I always thought the Black Crowns were decent smokes.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #3
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicDrop View Post
I agree! They are made by Black Crown, which is a very underrated company. Their cigars are quite good right off the truck, so to speak and even much better after 4 to 6 months of rest. They're very earthy with deep notes of leather and wood.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #4
JIMBETHYNAME
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Jim
Trading: (1)
JIMBETHYNAME is on a distinguished road

i tried onethe other day and i loved it!
JIMBETHYNAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:31 PM   #5
MagicDrop
Still Watching My Back

MagicDrop is on a distinguished road

Yeah I was happily surprised lol. And to think I bought it to get a lighter only lol
MagicDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #6
Ken
Still Watching My Back

RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

I have only burned a few of these and my initial perception is that they are a good smoke not dogged by being a mere gimmick.

Good medium body cigar that produces a nice bellow of smoke. I passed some out to my buddies and we all enjoyed the SOA.

Next I'll have to step up a rung in that line and try the Clubhouse Edition.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:15 AM   #7
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

I too have always enjoyed black crown cigars. I have always thought they were a little one dimensional but still good. The SOA line IMHO is their best offering to date and puts an end to one dimensional aspect. I have a few of the SamCro aging and cant wait to try one of those.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #8
RJrocker
Things that make u scream

First Name: Rich
Cohiba
RJrocker is on a distinguished road

Interesting, I would figure the same, just marketing. I'll need give these a shot.
RJrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #9
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

going to light one right now, hopefully I have a box of the clubhouse chapel for my man cave in a few weeks. Love that box, hand carved piece of art.