Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #21
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: SAMs Club humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMaxInc View Post
For those curious, I will allow anyone to check my IP address both at home and the office. You can PM me if desired. I cannot provide for MrCigar obviously but possibly the admins can?

I can understand skepticism, but again I will assure you this is simply not the case. Not all businesses are out to scam their customers.
Good attitude, not getting offended
I believe the ToE would have already caught on if the IPs matched, not much gets by them.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #22
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Good attitude, not getting offended
I believe the ToE would have already caught on if the IPs matched, not much gets by them.
Then that means that MrCigar has also been done a great disservice by this community.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #23
MrCigar

Wow. I find this site because I bought this humidor at Sams & did a search to find out more info about it & happen to come across this site. Being the Cigar fan that I am, I join & respond to the thread about this humidor, & a few guys draw the conclusion that I am the CEO of this company? WTF is wrong with you clowns?
Anyone who looked at this humidor & actually thought that the bottom half was a sealed humidor didn't look hard enough. The bottom half is clearly a wine storage rack with a shelf for sealed boxes or another humidor, which is what I use it for. Furthermore, those of you who are making the claim that the top section wont hold humidity don't know WTF you are talking about, as I have about 100 Cigars in the top section, with one rectangular humidifier filled with distilled water, & the humidity level has stayed around 75% to 70%.
The only problems that I had was with the black plastic rectangular humidifiers & velcro that came with the unit. The velcro would not stick to the wood inside the humidor. I ordered a metallic gold colored humidifier with the magnetic attachment system & it works great. I'm not using the 4 humidifiers that came with the unit.
Plus, the top lid didn't have a handle on it to lift it open, so I went to Menards & bought a small cabinet handle to match the luck hardware & installed it on the lid in the front center.
Remember, this unit originally was prices at $299 at Sams, but they weren't selling so I knew they would cut the price. Sure enough, they were cut to $199. This is a well build piece & looks great in my den. It is a steal at $199.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #24
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCigar View Post
Wow. I find this site because I bought this humidor at Sams & did a search to find out more info about it & happen to come across this site. Being the Cigar fan that I am, I join & respond to the thread about this humidor, & a few guys draw the conclusion that I am the CEO of this company? WTF is wrong with you clowns?
Anyone who looked at this humidor & actually thought that the bottom half was a sealed humidor didn't look hard enough. The bottom half is clearly a wine storage rack with a shelf for sealed boxes or another humidor, which is what I use it for. Furthermore, those of you who are making the claim that the top section wont hold humidity don't know WTF you are talking about, as I have about 100 Cigars in the top section, with one rectangular humidifier filled with distilled water, & the humidity level has stayed around 75% to 70%.
The only problems that I had was with the black plastic rectangular humidifiers & velcro that came with the unit. The velcro would not stick to the wood inside the humidor. I ordered a metallic gold colored humidifier with the magnetic attachment system & it works great. I'm not using the 4 humidifiers that came with the unit.
Plus, the top lid didn't have a handle on it to lift it open, so I went to Menards & bought a small cabinet handle to match the luck hardware & installed it on the lid in the front center.
Remember, this unit originally was prices at $299 at Sams, but they weren't selling so I knew they would cut the price. Sure enough, they were cut to $199. This is a well build piece & looks great in my den. It is a steal at $199.
We tend to respect the opinions of those member who actually choose to introduce themselves and participate actively in the forum.

Blanket statements regarding the quality of the seal only show ignorance. Even the CEO does not claim 100% perfection. Things can happen in both QC and in shipping from his factory.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #25
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
WTF is wrong with you clowns?

Our size 56 shoes are too tight.

Welcome to the Asylum, winning!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #26
Hem
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bill
Trading: (13)
Partagas
Hem will become famous soon enough

LoL @ MrCigar

Hem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #27
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

Welcome to the Asylum, winning!
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #28
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Dale Carnegie, you're not.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #29
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Ahhhh.... Just another day in the Asylum....

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
If I wear a pair of these shoes, am I eligible for a discount on said humidor?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #31
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMaxInc View Post
The bottom section was meant mainly for wine storage or cigar storage if still in sealed boxes from the manufacturer.
You are who with what company? You know of "sealed boxes from the manufacturer" that do not need any humidification?

Clearly I am either missing something or you do not understand one of the most basic fundamentals of cigar care and cigar manufacturer box construction.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Dang Icehog!!! You must have a really big pair of

Feet
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #33
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
I actually drove through Matehuala, Mexico a couple years back, that is the town these boots come from - too funny!

Directed at JKMxInc, spend some time here, participate on some threads, this is a great bunch of enthusiasts and a potentially big market for you I suppose.
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
You are who with what company? You know of "sealed boxes from the manufacturer" that do not need any humidification?

Clearly I am either missing something or you do not understand one of the most basic fundamentals of cigar care and cigar manufacturer box construction.
I was wondering this too. Maybe the ones that you store at 75%
Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #35
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Dang Icehog!!! You must have a really big pair of

Feet
And you know what they say about a man with really big feet. He has a gigantic

shoe collection.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #36
Malazan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Malazan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #37
MrCigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Dale Carnegie, you're not.
I'm more of a Jeffrey Gitomer guy...
Old 03-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #38
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
No clue who that is. You would do well to inteoduce yourself in the New Inmate forum.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #39
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Opinions vary.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #40
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Opinions vary.
I typed it but didn't hit "reply".