Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-22-2010, 02:47 AM   #21
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Devil's Site New Layout

I'm going to start patrolling the devils site for a reasonably priced 500-850 count humidor we'll see how it goes....either way I need to smoke more cigars. My 300 count isnt bad I should count up the sticks in it.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:33 AM   #22
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I can't get it to work that way
Is the page not loading? That happened to me - I just googled cigarbid.com and clicked on that link instead of the one in my favorites. That worked.

And I don't like it, either.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #23
polobear

I like it. It was time for a facelift. Users always resist change but will adapt as long as your design doesn't get in the way. I wish they would allow our changes to the number of results to persist (be sticky between pages/browser sessions), but that's a nitpick (and developers usually return lists like that rather than an entire result set because it has less overhead on the server traffic to do so).

If you have problems with the page loading from an old bookmark, just remove the /auctions at the end.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #24
nomadicwookie
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
nomadicwookie is on a distinguished road

I like it as well. I think the freefall auction is interesting. I just haven't seen anything on it that's caught my eye yet.
nomadicwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #25
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I wrote their customer service about my login problems. Here is part of the reply:

If you continue to experience issues with the new site, please reply back to this correspondence and we will forward all information on to our IT Department.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you’re experiencing. If there is anything further I may assist you with, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Cigarbid

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #26
nomadicwookie
Still Watching My Back

nomadicwookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wrote their customer service about my login problems. Here is part of the reply:

If you continue to experience issues with the new site, please reply back to this correspondence and we will forward all information on to our IT Department.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you’re experiencing. If there is anything further I may assist you with, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Cigarbid

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
FAIL...
nomadicwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #27
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Ok, that's a major fail! BTW, I sent the customer service email a link to this thread. Thought it might be interesting to them.

Quote:

Thank you,

Customer Service
Cigarbid

Old 09-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #28
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Ok, that's a major fail! BTW, I sent the customer service email a link to this thread. Thought it might be interesting to them.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #29
cigarz

I'm OK with the change, however it takes more pagedowns to get through the same number of items as before. I get an "out-of-sync" feeling when using the site. The changeover at cigarauctioneer.com was much smoother and graphically more appealing.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #30
Nickerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Hit "show all" on bottom right....no scrolling...
Good call. People typically seem hesitant towards change. They are more comfortable with something that are familiar with.

I think a re-design was in desperate need and I think they did a good job. Though it will take a little getting use to. The old design was so primitive.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #31
jaycarla
Mossy Hoosier

First Name: Jay
Bolivar
jaycarla is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickerson View Post
Good call. People typically seem hesitant towards change. They are more comfortable with something that are familiar with.

I think a re-design was in desperate need and I think they did a good job. Though it will take a little getting use to. The old design was so primitive.
Hadn't been on in it in months. I almost pulled the rip cord at first, but played around 5-10 minutes, I like it. I thought it was going to be like Cigar Auctioneer which I hate.

So, to prove I am a man of the peeps, I will give credit to the Pats fan for making good points. It doesn't feel good, but I do try.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #32
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road

The new layout is nice but it's down right now and was down last Friday night when I tried to go on also . And I wanted to bid ! Edit ; Just checked and It's back up again , currently . Seems like alot of work going on the site .

Last edited by Bubba - NJ; 09-28-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Bubba - NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #33
polobear

I keep seeing people say the site is down, but I wonder if they don't have scripting errors or something going on. For example, the site JUST opened fine for me in Chrome.
IE8 worked fine after a refresh. /shrug