Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-31-2017, 04:31 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Ortega Wild Bunch Da Byrdman's boys club

The november edition, and unfortunately the last of the one Wild Bunch series I have, is named after Ashley Byrd, co-founder of the B&B cigar club in Washington. It’s a 6×54 Toro Gordo with a Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper over Nicaraguan tobaccos. The wrapper is dark, I can see some stripper glitter from the minerals but also two thick veins. The construction feels good and the ring is consistent with the rest of the series, I like them very much, all of them. The aroma is a strong stable aroma with ammonia like the hay is drenched in urine and is in dire need of replacement.

I punched the cigar and get a great cold draw with a sultana flavor. After lighting I taste a spiced coffee. After a few puffs the cigar is floral and vanilla sweet. After a third the cigar changes, now I taste dry herbs with still vanilla. The cigar stays dry and turns to dry wood, mild spicy, cumin and peppery.

The draw is fantastic. The firm ash is light gray. The white smoke is thick and full. The burn is straight as can be. This cigar is medium plus bodied and full flavored with a nice evolution. The smoke time is an hour and a half.

Would I buy this cigar again? Again that would be impossible.

Score: 91

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...man-boys-club/