Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #21
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: PG Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I assume they were in between Ashton and Davidoff prices?

It's got to be at least 15 years since I smoked a PG. You got me interested and will check my local B&M if he has them.
Out of curiosity, Moses, if they are so good why have you not smoked one in 15 years?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #22
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Out of curiosity, Moses, if they are so good why have you not smoked one in 15 years?
Just smoke Habanos... At that time 15 years ago, I liked the NC Partagas Limited Reserves more than PG's.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #23
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Gotcha. I guess they're not really that good then.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #24
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Just smoke Habanos... At that time 15 years ago, I liked the NC Partagas Limited Reserves more than PG's.
Quote:
Gotcha. I guess they're not really that good then.
No, they are that good.

I could smoke more CCs, but don't. Each person's flavor profile is different. What I like may not be what my best friend likes. That doesn't mean that either of us have less class or taste than the other, it just means that we have different tastes.

There isn't a CC out there that tastes like a PG, or a Litto Gomez, or a Coronado, or a PAM '64, or an Oliva V, or a Taboo HSG, or a Tat Verocu #5, of an AF Anejo, or a... and I'm not going to give any of them up.

On the other hand, none of those tastes like any of the CCs I have in my humidor.

Ain't it grand that I can enjoy both and love life and live large?

My only request is this, I wish y'all would quit liking my favorites so that that prices can drop on them and I get get them for nearly nothing. Thanks!

Peace of the Lrod be with you.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #25
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough

I'm a light weight and probably wouldn't do good to smoke one...Hell I puked on a Gorilla Finger...go figure.
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Hell I puked on a Gorilla Finger...go figure.
EVERYONE pukes on the Gorilla Finger, TBone. Just ask KelMac....
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #27
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
No, they are that good.

I could smoke more CCs, but don't. Each person's flavor profile is different. What I like may not be what my best friend likes. That doesn't mean that either of us have less class or taste than the other, it just means that we have different tastes.

There isn't a CC out there that tastes like a PG, or a Litto Gomez, or a Coronado, or a PAM '64, or an Oliva V, or a Taboo HSG, or a Tat Verocu #5, of an AF Anejo, or a... and I'm not going to give any of them up.

On the other hand, none of those tastes like any of the CCs I have in my humidor.

Ain't it grand that I can enjoy both and love life and live large?

My only request is this, I wish y'all would quit liking my favorites so that that prices can drop on them and I get get them for nearly nothing. Thanks!

Peace of the Lrod be with you.
I'm with you, Rev. That post was tongue in cheek.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #28
omowasu
Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation

Garmirians are great if you like a grassy flavor profile in your smokes. I have had several and liked them all, and they had a unique grassy flavor that is probably the best in the NC market.

They were rolled in the Davidoff factory under H. Kelners supervision prior to and during the 1990s cigar boom... I dont know if they still are though.

PGs are also hard to find... he has very few retailers and doesnt do Internet retailer sales.

Id suggest trying one of the stronger ones if you have the opportunity. The only thing bad about them is the price.