Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
ysr_racer

Default Check out my new humi !!

I hope it's as nice as the pictures !!

Humidor is made from Paduak (Pterocarpus soyauxii) also called Vermillion; this decorative hardwood originates in Africa and the Andaman Islands, with one major variety native to Burma.

This wood is naturally red to orange in color and some times there will be dark streaks running thru it. Works well, is used for furniture, flooring and architectural accents and "one of a kind" boxes of all kinds. Who says there are no red trees!

The top is banded with MACASSAR EBONY (Diospyros celebica) which is one of a group of ebonies from the East Indies, ranging from Sri Lanka to Indonesia. This close- grained, heavy hardwood machines and turns well, but tends to dull tools and is difficult to glue. Ebony is used for turned and carved items, inlays and small accent pieces. This wood is so expensive, that they sell it by the pound.

The light colored wood in the banding, front and back is American Holly with Ebony inlays.

This Chest was build so the grain "wraps" around the Chest and matches on all four corners, matching three is easy, but matching four took me a long time to figure out. Completely lined with Spanish Cedar. Dividers slide in grooves to make size adjustments easy and secure.