Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Florida Lawyers?

Do we have any attorneys here from Florida that handles Estate/probate law? Would you be willing to answer a few questions either by pm or phone? My wife and I are involved in a very messy probate on her mother's estate, not a very big estate just a very dumb brother that is one of the heirs. We do have a lawyer, and he seems to be on top of things, but I always like to get a second opinion when I can.
G G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Florida Lawyers?

bump.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
TideRoll
It is what it is.

First Name: Tim
Trading: (5)
Partagas
TideRoll is on a distinguished road

Not an attorney but I deal with a lot of estates, and I do stay in a Holiday Inn Express sometimes. Seriously, without knowing your question, the answer is that the executor has a significant amount of power and leeway in most jurisdictions, especially on smaller estates and where the courts are very busy, which is most of the time. Be careful going against the advice of the attorney if he has a lot of estate/probate experience in your jurisdiction.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #4
G G
BR549

Bolivar

My wife has a brother who is an attorney in Alabama, but the laws are somewhat different I am told. And no, we would never go against the advice of our attn. He is very experienced in this area. I am just a nut for deatails and kinda like to get more than one opinion on things is all I was trying to do. Thanks for the info and I may pm you with the questions and if you know or feel like answering then I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideRoll View Post
Not an attorney but I deal with a lot of estates, and I do stay in a Holiday Inn Express sometimes. Seriously, without knowing your question, the answer is that the executor has a significant amount of power and leeway in most jurisdictions, especially on smaller estates and where the courts are very busy, which is most of the time. Be careful going against the advice of the attorney if he has a lot of estate/probate experience in your jurisdiction.