Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Pauly Walnuts

Default Legally able to smoke 1 year today, Ive learned alot.

Well todays my birthday, which means I have been able to smoke 1 year. Yes im only 19 haha. It took me awhile to get out of the noobie stages and finally find my favorite types and tastes of cigars. Actually, it took me until last week to findout that Cain Maduro Ligero is what does it for me best (so far, I have much tasting to do yet). Over this year Ive also tried all the different bodys of cigars, light to full and full is my favorite for sure. Nothin better than a strong tasty cigar. I have not yet slid down the slope, still workin with my little 50 count humi. I have to say thats about to change lol, my mother bought me a few samplers from CI as a bday gift so thats 25 comin in plus the few I have in my humi already, and im mustering up the cajones to buy a box soon I think haha. Might not be much for some of you afficianados, but its a big deal for me. Well no big news here, just thought I'd share some of the things Ive learned over the year with your guys' help! Thanks for all the knowledge guys, its a great community.
Walnuts
Old 06-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #2
benedic08
Bob's great grandson

First Name: Benedic
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
benedic08 has a spectacular aura aboutbenedic08 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Legally able to smoke 1 year today, Ive learned alot.

Congrats! You're very lucky that you found this site. I started smoking cigars 3 years ago when i was still 17 ( yes i was not legal yet and yes im still 20 now) and i had to look up everything i needed to know and the learning process for me was really slow because i didnt have guidance from this wonderful community. Even now after three years i just recently found this site and i have learned alot and still have more to learn. "Might not be much for some of you" as for this line you said, its also a big deal for us. We're going to see you buy your first box and see you grow. As i look at your post, I see myself three years ago, full of excitement looking forward to what the world of cigars has in store for me. So yes its also a big deal for us. Hope you have tons of fun with cigars! Cheers mate!
benedic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Mazel Tov on your one year! I remember when I started same as you, two years ago (Like Benedic, I'm 20 as well). Sometimes I miss those days.

Keep having fun!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Martin
Sweetness

Trading: (2)
Martin is on a distinguished road

Congrats, it's not about what you smoke, how many ya got, it's about the why and that part you already understand.
You're going about it the rite way, don't rush it you'll have a bigger humi and more smokes than you can smoke soon enough.

Now go & buy a cooler.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Pauly Walnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedic08 View Post
Congrats! You're very lucky that you found this site. I started smoking cigars 3 years ago when i was still 17 ( yes i was not legal yet and yes im still 20 now) and i had to look up everything i needed to know and the learning process for me was really slow because i didnt have guidance from this wonderful community. Even now after three years i just recently found this site and i have learned alot and still have more to learn. "Might not be much for some of you" as for this line you said, its also a big deal for us. We're going to see you buy your first box and see you grow. As i look at your post, I see myself three years ago, full of excitement looking forward to what the world of cigars has in store for me. So yes its also a big deal for us. Hope you have tons of fun with cigars! Cheers mate!
Thanks for sharing your beginning experiences too And what I meant by "not a big deal to you guys" was the actual act of buying a box, not just me personally, but thank you for having the interest, very nice of you
Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
Pauly Walnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Mazel Tov on your one year! I remember when I started same as you, two years ago (Like Benedic, I'm 20 as well). Sometimes I miss those days.

Keep having fun!
Thanks alot to you too, its been a good ride so far
Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Pauly Walnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Congrats, it's not about what you smoke, how many ya got, it's about the why and that part you already understand.
You're going about it the rite way, don't rush it you'll have a bigger humi and more smokes than you can smoke soon enough.

Now go & buy a cooler.
Why, thank you! Haha I have a cooler ready to go for when that time comes lol
Old 06-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Congrats and happy birthday!

You're doing alot better than I did. I started smoking cigars at 22 and didn't buy my first box until this year (I'm 27), so don't feel behind the times!

P.S. You've got a pretty cool mom to buy you a sampler! Cigars are a big hobby and passion of mine, and my parents are pretty conservative, so I don't talk to them about it, haha
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy B-Day and congrats!!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
Pauly Walnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Congrats and happy birthday!

You're doing alot better than I did. I started smoking cigars at 22 and didn't buy my first box until this year (I'm 27), so don't feel behind the times!

P.S. You've got a pretty cool mom to buy you a sampler! Cigars are a big hobby and passion of mine, and my parents are pretty conservative, so I don't talk to them about it, haha
Thank you! My mom went a whole year without seeing me smoke and just a few days ago she walked in the garage and said okay its been a year im ready to see this haha.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #11
Pauly Walnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Happy B-Day and congrats!!
Thanks a bunch man! Had a great day at the Tim Mcgraw concert, feelin goooood
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #12
hockeymaniac

Happy Birthday. You still have plenty to taste and find out. The learning never stops. I started 5 years ago when I turned 50 as a mid life crisis thing. Couldn't afford the Lamborghini. I have learned plenty from reading and cigar sites. Also just talking or posting with people. The only advice I will give you is that as you age your tastes change also so the cigar you think sucks today may be a regular smoke for you a few years down the road.That's the beauty of cigars, it's always changing.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
Pauly Walnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymaniac View Post
Happy Birthday. You still have plenty to taste and find out. The learning never stops. I started 5 years ago when I turned 50 as a mid life crisis thing. Couldn't afford the Lamborghini. I have learned plenty from reading and cigar sites. Also just talking or posting with people. The only advice I will give you is that as you age your tastes change also so the cigar you think sucks today may be a regular smoke for you a few years down the road.That's the beauty of cigars, it's always changing.
Came up a few bucks short on the Lambo huh? LOL Thanks for the tip though, I never thought about that.