Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #161
SilverFox

Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

As for the comments in Don Fernando's post regarding someone expecting 125 but only paid and is getting 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcz
Shawn,

I spoke to ****, he said he sizes you wanted could take a while to find molds to make, as he does not have them. He offered up these instead as he actually has them right now.

Please let me know and I'll get all this started.

(75) baby Salomones (6 3/8 x 52)- $225 this cigar has the same shape as a Salomone (7.25 X 57), but just a bit shorter

(50) Sublime Extra pigtail/shagfoot (6 1/2 X 54)-$250 actually about an inch longer if you include the shagfoot
When I said I only posted the facts in my initial post, I in fact only posted the facts that I could support.

There where many chat conversations that I do not still have. I was only informed less than 2 weeks ago that I would only be recieving 50 sticks and that I would not be getting the baby Salamoes or the Sublime Extra's (I was not even informed what I would be getting)

Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #162
Sancho
Puddle Jumper

First Name: Chris
Trading: (7)
Sancho has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
As for the comments in Don Fernando's post regarding someone expecting 125 but only paid and is getting 50

You do the math, perhaps I am stupid
So you were under the impression you were getting ____ _ for $3 a stick and $5 a stick respectively?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #163
Negncic
Killed By Death

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Bolivar
Negncic will become famous soon enough

I have been waiting on Dan's end of a trade from February. He never said he sent them, just a series of excuses. I forgot, life problems, etc. Promises to send out the sticks that were never fulfilled.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #164
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Thanks for the vote of confidence Shawn. I don't want to be in the middle or any part of this.....But I want to see all you guys get your cigars.

Shawn, the story I got from Dan was that what he sent you in the pm you posted was what he got from the supplier. The 75 and the 50 was supposed to be what the supplier had in stock at the moment (3 bundles and 2 bundles). The price was per bundle, which makes a lot more sense for that size. At the prices you thought, I would have jumped on 100 of them Sounds like that's where the mis communication might have been??
Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #165
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence Shawn. I don't want to be in the middle or any part of this.....But I want to see all you guys get your cigars.

Shawn, the story I got from Dan was that what he sent you in the pm you posted was what he got from the supplier. The 75 and the 50 was supposed to be what the supplier had in stock at the moment (3 bundles and 2 bundles). The price was per bundle, which makes a lot more sense for that size. At the prices you thought, I would have jumped on 100 of them Sounds like that's where the mis communication might have been??
Yup I would agree other than I confirmed the amount of sticks and pricing so that may have been the information he was working with but it was not the information I was working with.

An excerpt from Dan's email to me of June 9th.

[FONT=&quot]Shawn,

I thought I had all of your cigars in the first shipment, which was two bundles of baby salamones, *simarones* as **** put it. I am missing the petit salamones for you still.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have not shipped because I don't have all your cigars. I can ship two seperate if you want half of them now.[/FONT]

Now if he had 2 bundles and it was only half that would imply at least 100 cigars not 50.

Perhaps I was confused. Frankly I doubt it, but I am not perfect. I know I confirmed it, yet I cannot find the PM or the email (other than the above) so it is only my word.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #166
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
So you were under the impression you were getting ____ _ for $3 a stick and $5 a stick respectively?
Is this a question??

Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #167
ahc4353

Quote:
....... I know I confirmed it, yet I cannot find the PM or the email (other than the above) so it is only my word.
Nuff said.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #168
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yup I would agree other than I confirmed the amount of sticks and pricing so that may have been the information he was working with but it was not the information I was working with.

An excerpt from Dan's email to me of June 9th.

[FONT=&quot]Shawn,

I thought I had all of your cigars in the first shipment, which was two bundles of baby salamones, *simarones* as **** put it. I am missing the petit salamones for you still.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have not shipped because I don't have all your cigars. I can ship two seperate if you want half of them now.[/FONT]

Now if he had 2 bundles and it was only half that would imply at least 100 cigars not 50.

Perhaps I was confused. Frankly I doubt it, but I am not perfect. I know I confirmed it, yet I cannot find the PM or the email (other than the above) so it is only my word.
Yup, enough said. That excerpt from his emails says he thought that's what you were getting too. Sounds like he was the one confused.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #169
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

for what it's worth, and I don't think it's much at this point, I talked to dan and he seemed hurt that we thought that he would just take the money and not order or order and keep the sticks. he also said that he would get the stuff out. yes I know we've heard this before and if i can figure out how to transfer the gchat logs from my Blackberry to my mac i'll post them for all to read. I don't care about dan in this I want everyone to get what they paid for
Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #170
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

I think at this point actions are going to speak louder than words. The words dont mean much anymore to many. Instead of saying he's going to do it, he needs to just do it already. Its not like it requires a masters degree in problem solving or anything.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
Old 07-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #171
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
for what it's worth, and I don't think it's much at this point, I talked to dan and he seemed hurt that we thought that he would just take the money and not order or order and keep the sticks. he also said that he would get the stuff out. yes I know we've heard this before and if i can figure out how to transfer the gchat logs from my Blackberry to my mac i'll post them for all to read. I don't care about dan in this I want everyone to get what they paid for
Are you kidding me? Dan is not the victim here. I sincerely hope he gets his personal issues worked out but this is proof that he STILL does not get it. He clearly does not understand what he has done, the impact it has had on many many people, and how it is all perceived by the entire cigar community. His word at this point in the game is virtually worthless.

No intent here on shooting the messenger, but that one phrase really struck a nerve.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #172
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Are you kidding me? Dan is not the victim here. I sincerely hope he gets his personal issues worked out but this is proof that he STILL does not get it. He clearly does not understand what he has done, the impact it has had on many many people, and how it is all perceived by the entire cigar community. His word at this point in the game is virtually worthless.

No intent here on shooting the messenger, but that one phrase really struck a nerve.
Got to agree here, although I wasn't stiffed for money, I too bought sticks that were delivered 4 months later and wrapped in one piece of newspaper that when unwrapped revealed torn wrappers on all the sticks. Dan is not a victim, Dan has a problem. Sorry, had to comment, I'm done.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #173
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Mostly I've been having problems sending stuff out due to my own depression issues. I'm not saying it's a valid reason, just what my therapist and me have come to. These group buys along with the rest of the stuff in my life is causing me to sort of break down. to quote Dan

Depression....I have suffered with it for 10 years, never once has it come in the way of sending stuff out or communicating with people who I owe....do what I did, get on some meds.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #174
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
Mostly I've been having problems sending stuff out due to my own depression issues. I'm not saying it's a valid reason, just what my therapist and me have come to. These group buys along with the rest of the stuff in my life is causing me to sort of break down. to quote Dan

Depression....I have suffered with it for 10 years, never once has it come in the way of sending stuff out or communicating with people who I owe....do what I did, get on some meds.
All my adult life here Dave, and we know I can send out a package

Old 07-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #175
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I am so upset about Dan's comments, I have typed out several posts and deleted each of them, thinking better of it.

Let's just suffice to say I call bullsh*t.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #176
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

You seem like the kind of guy that that kind of restraint is killing you Tom.

I don't have a dog in the fight so to speak, but I like a lot of the other folks on here, hate to see this kind of thing happen cause it hurts us all.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #177
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
I don't have a dog in the fight so to speak, but I like a lot of the other folks on here, hate to see this kind of thing happen cause it hurts us all.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #178
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am so upset about Dan's comments, I have typed out several posts and deleted each of them, thinking better of it.

Let's just suffice to say I call bullsh*t.
So many things wrong with his email its hard to know which to comment on first.

The transactions on CA are not Dan's first time doing this sort of thing. Back on CS/Puff there was at least one other situation that required intervention.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #179
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough

Paying my bills and especially my taxes depresses the sh!t out of me... I still do it. That is a very sad excuse.

Icehog, restraint is what lands people in the comfy chair, let it out tough guy!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #180
Martin
Sweetness

Trading: (2)
Martin is on a distinguished road

to quote Dan
"Mostly I've been having problems sending stuff out due to my own depression issues. I'm not saying it's a valid reason, just what my therapist and me have come to. These group buys along with the rest of the stuff in my life is causing me to sort of break down."

Take the $ for yur next session or 2 with the therapist, buy cigars owed, cover yur nutt, nuff said.

You'll still be a lair n a thief but on your way to redemption.