Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #21
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cigar Pouches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miket156 View Post
I'd skip CigarsInternational.com if you are looking for a Humidor. I posted on another thread that they charge a flat rate of $20.00 for shipping a Humidor. Totally outrageous. I don't want to rehash the entire thread about this, but whoever runs CI is smoking something other than cigars.
Mike, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with CI. It's unfortunate that you were not aware of the free shipping codes which will get everything except a few promo priced cigar samplers found on hidden/unlinked pages and LTL freight items shipped to you for free.

Regardless, my suggestion to the OP was clearly stated as cigarbid and to use the list of example companies as a pricing cross check before bidding, as with a little patience, most generic 20 and 40 count humidors can be won for less than half of their CI price on cigarbid with shipping charges being stated in the auction and are typically about $5 to $8 for that size humidor. On top of that, you get combined shipping discounts on any other cigars and merchandise you might win during that period.

Ultimately though, I do agree with you to skip the parent companies of CI and Famous for humidors, but just not for the same reasons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CI_humi_no_ship_chg-w.jpg (72.9 KB, 172 views)
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #22
full count

Default Re: Cigar Pouches

Sorry about the threadjack, but when someones mentions slippery slope they need to check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YWbgYyGX7g

A tupperdor with 1 or 2 Boveda packs will be fine. Bovedas come in 65 and 70 percent humidity. Think set and forget, the Bovedas will last for a month or so and you won't need a hygrometer.