Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
badyellowbronco
Just in from the Storm

First Name: mike
Trading: (0)
HUpmann Army (Retired)
badyellowbronco is on a distinguished road
Smile VCM Blind Sampler results

I was given a 10 cigar blind sampler to smoke, take notes on, and then post the results. I finished the 10 smokes last week and Mac just sent me the names to I can post the comments/cigar names today.

Here they are:

#1: Great Cigar! Presidente size. Burned perfectly, I love that. Had a woodsy semi-strong flavor, smelled GREAT!. Lasted 25+ minutes. Loved this CIGAR, would be good anytime. I will buy some of these.... (name: Cuban stock Extra Churchill)

#2: Good smoke. Not too strong, got better as it smoked, stronger as well, but mellow also. Burned well. Loved the ending. Would buy. (name: Cain Maduro Toro)

#3: Pigtail... strong maduro. Strong all the way thru. Very strong at the end. Burned very well. Would buy but not as my all go to cigar, and definately not my a daily smoke. (name: PDR 1878 Capa Oscura Robusto)

#4: Really good mellow smoke. Woodsy complex flavor, maybe some coffee in there as well. Burned very well, had a perfect ashe, just the right size. Would keep 10 of these on hand for just the right time. Would be perfect for visitors who do not smoke often. (name: Perdomo Gran Crurobusto)

#5: Dark maduro. Good and strong. Very consistent. Had some spice to it and a bit woodsy, but not too much. Strong to the end, good ending. Good cigar, really good if you like a strong slow smoke. (name: Macanudo Vintage 1997 Maduro Toro)

#6: Smoked this after a fish dinner with a dark beer. My wife shared some of it with me as well. OK cigar, not really outstanding though. Got strong at the end, but was not consistent throughout. Burned well. Had some bite at times... ( name: Devil's Weed Nicot)

#7: Blondie. Nice mellow smoke. Not strong, did not get strong at the very end either. Burned very well. Very enjoyable, would be good anytime and I would buy. (name: Emerson's House Blend Corona)

#8: Dark Maduro: started good, was strong and tasty. Quickly started to burn very uneven and I could not fix it after multiple tries, after an inch it really took off. By half way thru it ended up being a chore to smoke. Total bust by this point. I cut it off and relit the the last one quarter, but by this time it was just not pleasant anymore. (5 Vegas Gold Maduro Belicoso)

#9: Large torpedo blondie: Smelled plain but quickly burned very strong. Had a woodsy spice to it and very smokey. Not bad but would not be one of my regulars. It was a 20 min smoke. (name: Greycliff's G2 Turbo)

#10: Good cigar. Burned well, pleasantly strong all the way thru, good strong. Kind of blew up at the end with the wrapper coming off. Still a very good cigar and I liked it. (name: CAO Sopranos Soldier)

Thanks Mac and Leslie, had a blast doing this. Kind of telling on what you think vs what you taste. Thanks.....
badyellowbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
badyellowbronco
Just in from the Storm

First Name: mike
Trading: (0)
HUpmann Army (Retired)
badyellowbronco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: VCM Blind Sampler results

Forgot, always up for doing this again...... mike
badyellowbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Cool. Thanks for the reviews.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

First off...glad you showed up Mike.

The reason we did this (and Barry was also included) was because Mike (who's become a regular member of the VCM since his retirement of 32+ years in the Army) was smoking a 10 year old Palma Real and said it tasted good. We had to check his taste buds and did so with this little blind sampler. A Palma Real that tastes good? Let alone one that's 10 years old. Should have tasted like dried up sawdust.

Mike is one of the good guys. Now head on over to the New Inmate section and introduce yourself to the rest of the forum.