Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #1801
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Games thread!

So I just heard a rumor that GTA5 will be released on March 1st and it's supposed to be on the December issue of Game Informer.......I don't believe that, they have never released a GTA game that early, so time will tell.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #1802
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
So I just heard a rumor that GTA5 will be released on March 1st and it's supposed to be on the December issue of Game Informer.......I don't believe that, they have never released a GTA game that early, so time will tell.
Guess I better catch up and finally complete San Andreas and GTA IV. I liked both of those, but couldn't really get into them. The series peaked with Vice City. Greatest game of all time. Well, maybe a tie between that and Super Mario Bros.

I miss the small map where I could memorize every single turn, corner, jump, and building. I haven't played it in years and I can still give you directions to anywhere you wanted to go in Vice City to this day. Not to mention the greatest soundtrack of all time.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #1803
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

I think as developers reach the limits of current gen consoles sequels are becoming more or less content updates. It wouldn't surprise me at all if gta5 came out very soon and looked exactly like gta4 with a different story and cast. Hell look how fast they crap out assassins creed games.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #1804
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
I think as developers reach the limits of current gen consoles sequels are becoming more or less content updates. It wouldn't surprise me at all if gta5 came out very soon and looked exactly like gta4 with a different story and cast. Hell look how fast they crap out assassins creed games.
They already made three separate games out of GTA IV. GTA V will be set back in Los Santos/San Andreas.

But you're right about new games being just content updates, especially over at EA. I'm sick of the Madden series. I refuse to buy the new ones every year just for roster updates.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #1805
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

just got my fall update on xbox. in typing this from there using ie9
Old 10-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #1806
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
But you're right about new games being just content updates, especially over at EA. I'm sick of the Madden series. I refuse to buy the new ones every year just for roster updates.
AMEN! Was wondering if I was the only one that thought the Madden series was starting to get stretched a little thin...
Old 11-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #1807
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Just beat Max Payne this morning.....great ending!

Soooo, I found out I have over 20k points on my Gamestop Powerups rewards thing, so I just bought the coupon for $20 off a used game....now I need suggestions on what to get next?

I am looking for a 20-50 hour game, nothing really with a bunch of side missions, like Max Payne this was a great game for me, I usually only get about an hour to pay in the mornings and maybe 2 hours on Sunday nights so nothing too long.

I am thinking about:

The Witcher (but I head the difficulty is wonky, either too easy on easy and too hard on medium)

Sleeping Dogs

NHL 2013

Send em' too me, will probably go tomm after the event or maybe Sunday.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #1808
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

The Witcher is a great game, the story is great and you get to make a lot of choices. #1 was great, #2 is even better. I had no issues with the difficulty being too hard, it was pretty easy throughout with some decently hard parts. People complaining about the difficulty are just nitpicking because honestly there isn't a lot to ***** about with the game.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #1809
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

I have been pretty happy with Assassins Creed 3. Isn't as good as the last few, main character and story line aren't as good, but they made some nice improvements and there is a heck of a lot to do.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #1810
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
The Witcher is a great game, the story is great and you get to make a lot of choices. #1 was great, #2 is even better. I had no issues with the difficulty being too hard, it was pretty easy throughout with some decently hard parts. People complaining about the difficulty are just nitpicking because honestly there isn't a lot to ***** about with the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
I have been pretty happy with Assassins Creed 3. Isn't as good as the last few, main character and story line aren't as good, but they made some nice improvements and there is a heck of a lot to do.
Thanks guys, The Witcher is still on my radar, I didn't see it when I was there, but check out this deal:

I picked up AC3 for $6!!!!!! I had the $20 off coupon for a used game, traded in Max Payne for $12 and had $6.97 left over from a gift card from last Christmas

Also, my buddy gave me Dishonored, so I am tackling both now
Old 11-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #1811
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
I can't wait to try it out. The Revolutionary War setting looks awesome.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #1812
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

AC III has an Easter egg with the Konami code. Look it up! Enter the konami code at a certain spot and you will see the Turkey Assassin! I'm always happy to see the Konami code in today's ga,es, no matter how ridiculous.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #1813
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Finished up XCOM yesterday. I had a ton of fun with that game - I've already started a second campaign - but I'm not going to be trying to make it through this one quite as quickly.

I've been playing around with sleeping dogs lately. It is fun enough - the EXACT same story line as True Crimes, though.

I seem to spend most of my time trying to convince myself to not play WoW again. I want to so badly, though...
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #1814
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Try this if this doesn't convince you WoW is evil and manipulative, nothing will.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #1815
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

In honor of the soon to come out GTA V, I'm playing some GTA IV. Nowhere as good as Vice City nor as addictive, but it's still a great game. I miss the small map from Vice City that I still have memorized in my head even though I haven't played it in years. Plus, Vice City had the greatest soundtrack of all time!

Insert quote here.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #1816
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Announced yesterday G4 cancels X-play and Attack Of The Show, new shows will air until the end of the year.

Basically G4 cancels G4

Bye Bye Comic Con and E3 Coverage
Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #1817
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
Finished up XCOM yesterday. I had a ton of fun with that game - I've already started a second campaign - but I'm not going to be trying to make it through this one quite as quickly.
I finished on Normal setting and had a blast, so I started a Classic campaign a few weeks ago. For some reason, it's significantly harder than I expected the second time through. And that's even after I feel like I'm playing smarter, especially on the tactical missions. I think the game cheats.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #1818
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road

Picked up Endless Space this weekend. Ended up getting sucked in to it for Endless Time, which seems only appropriate I suppose.

I get blindsided by all of those games, (Civ*, etc.) I'm cruising along and all of a sudden my population happiness is at 3% and I encounter a single enemy fleet that's insanely powerful.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #1819
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Enjoying AC3 so far....was walking and cougar jumped on my head and that is one hat you don't want to be wearing brothers........man scared the sh!t out of me lol
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #1820
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

...freaking WoW...I couldn't stay away any longer...

I feel like turning in my WoWAA chip, man.
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote